Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yay unemployment is down!

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Baby boomers and people getting out of the military. It's the govt's fault when tn
    The numbers are bad and it's the govt lying when the numbers are good, right?
    The baby boomers never used unemployment as a money source, we worked for living unlike the entitlement crowd of todays generation. I am entitled to someone elses money!

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The stock market is more like horse racing, too many know things they should not.
    Here I will agree with you. (Copernicus and then you in 2 days - the end is near LOL).
    Regrettably, there is a serious criminal element in corporate America and inside trading which hurts many investors. These people need to be imprisoned. I follow trends in companies closely so I can see suspect shenanigans from time to time. I am a holder not a trader so I do really get hurt. Far too many do including 401 programs.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0009.pdf

insignificant according to these projections
    13.1 to 20.2 over 65 is insignificant? The entire reason we are having a budget issue is the growth of the older population and the toll that's going to take on the budget moving forward.

The 16 to 64 year old population drops over 6%. Less working age people supporting more elderly taking benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I criticize you enough. Please don't make it even easier.
    Just go to your search site and look up U.S. population trends. You will see that births are higher than deaths by a good margin and then add in immigration. 2millioon a year increase . FACT.
    All age groups are increasing. Of course over 65s -the post WWII population is growing. But the largest birth rates came well after that group.
    Fact you have no understanding of replacement population statistics if you are comparing birth rates today with death rates and assuming positive population growth.

The birth rate is going down in women who are between 14 and 44. Live births in the USA are going down as a total number even though the population is increasing. The fastest growth in the population is those who are over 65 and can't reproduce. At a certain point deaths will increase substantially while births are declining. Without significant immigration the USA today would be in population decline.

The entire debt issue is about the lack of new entrants into the work place supporting a huge and growing elderly population. We are starting to see the pyramid of workers on the bottom and retired on the top flatten out. That's the entire reason we have a ballooning budget problem. We have to import people and we are. The country is also bearing a cost to assimilate these new workers into our society.

The good news in all of this is as we get more productive we will need less workers to support more people and that's happening. The bad news is we will have less employment overall.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Fact you have no understanding of replacement population statistics if you are comparing birth rates today with death rates and assuming positive population growth.

The birth rate is going down in women who are between 14 and 44. Live births in the USA are going down as a total number even though the population is increasing. The fastest growth in the population is those who are over 65 and can't reproduce. At a certain point deaths will increase substantially while births are declining. Without significant immigration the USA today would be in population decline.

The entire debt issue is about the lack of new entrants into the work place supporting a huge and growing elderly population. We are starting to see the pyramid of workers on the bottom and retired on the top flatten out. That's the entire reason we have a ballooning budget problem. We have to import people and we are. The country is also bearing a cost to assimilate these new workers into our society.

The good news in all of this is as we get more productive we will need less workers to support more people and that's happening. The bad news is we will have less employment overall.

Let's see. 2 million births. 1.5 million deaths. Sounds like an increase in population to me. But then again being a business professional discounts me from being correct.
    But that is not necessary. Please use basic LOGIC. I actually had a college course in that many years ago. One of the more useful ones I had.
    I find very few people have the ability to use logical reasoning given FACT.

Let's just say I am right and you think you are right. There is a logical difference there.

Let's see. 2 million births. 1.5 million deaths. Sounds like an increase in population to me. But then again being a business professional discounts me from being correct.
    But that is not necessary. Please use basic LOGIC. I actually had a college course in that many years ago. One of the more useful ones I had.

Let's just say I am right and you think you are right. There is a logical difference there.

To add FACT to my comments, suggest any curious go to: wikipedia demographics of the united states (too lazy to write down the formal site nomenclature)

other projections on similar sites put the population within the next century as high as over 1 billion though median figures are more conservative

Again you don't understand how demographics play into it. Now that your retired living in an area that doesn't require critical thinking you have clearly stopped critically thinking. Consult with one of your children, I'm sure they can explain it to you. I understand they are in the game and very bright.

Lets just say you think your right because you haven't thought it through.

By the way if you think your right why do we have a budget crisis if there are enough replacement workers to pay for the retiring workers and why is the population aging in the US?

Again you don't understand how demographics play into it. Now that your retired living in an area that doesn't require critical thinking you have clearly stopped critically thinking. Consult with one of your children, I'm sure they can explain it to you. I understand they are in the game and very bright.

Lets just say you think your right because you haven't thought it through.

By the way if you think your right why do we have a budget crisis if there are enough replacement workers to pay for the retiring workers and why is the population aging in the US?

I understand demographics perfectly. As a marketing and sales pro and then a corpoarate GM it was my job to understand this.
    Stopped thing? LMAO. I have the time to think without disraction. And read without distraction. Plus I deal with fairly intelligent people. As well as observing dolts.
    My children who are pretty bright as well. And though not living here I share thyeir thoughts. They, being intelligent, vote with their wallets.
    I suggested you read through a website. You are obviously TOO arrogant ( a trait I like in intelligent people) to enlighten yourself.
    Continue to muddle along in your self directed lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Tyler Durden article for proof.
    This thread is the biggest fail since the Mitt Romney 2012 campaign.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The baby boomers never used unemployment....
    Yup.

And that's why unemployment was only invented 10 years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    But then again being a business professional discounts me from being correct.
    aren't you retired?

Hall Of Fame
    The entire reason we are having a budget issue is the growth of the older population and the toll that's going to take on the budget moving forward.
    Thankfully we got Barry on the case. His 2014 budget only calls for a $750B deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yup.

And that's why unemployment was only invented 10 years ago.
    I'm all for eliminating Unemployment Insurance or at least suspending it for 1-2 fiscal years. Radical move but I'm all for it.

The baby boomers never used unemployment as a money source, we worked for living unlike the entitlement crowd of todays generation. I am entitled to someone elses money!
    Wrong yet again honey. I know plenty of baby boomers who are professional welfare queens collecting unemployment or disability for some bs medical diagnosis. Terrible work ethic has always been a problem it's just conservatives who like to pretend it all of a sudden started in 2009.

Remember the stock crash, bank closures, food lines and others. Maybe that wasn't part of your studies. They were desperate what is this generations excuse? Lazy and entitled!

Jets Insider VIP
    what is this generations excuse?
    They were raised by baby boomers, ya ding dong.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Yes.
    Brilliant.
    In 1982 when unemployment was 10.8% folks ate dirt, landlords did not require rent payments and banks forgave mortgages.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Remember the stock crash, bank closures, food lines and others. Maybe that wasn't part of your studies. They were desperate what is this generations excuse? Lazy and entitled!
    Do you read the newspapers?

This 'time' the stock market crashed and the government had bail out the banks. remember?

The difference this 'time' was social security existed and the federal government backed up the state’s unemployment insurance. This prevented us from spiraling into another great depression.

If the "job creators" aren't hiring it is not a question of lazy.