Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Prospect Comparison Thread

  1. #1

    The Prospect Comparison Thread

    QB - Geno Smith - Donavan McNabb
    QB - Matt Barkley - Andy Dalton
    QB - Ryan Nassib - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    QB - Mike Glennon - Kyle Boller
    QB - EJ Manuel - Jason Campbell

    RB - Montee Ball - Fred Taylor
    RB - Gio Bernard - Ray Rice
    RB - Eddie Lacy - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - LeVeon Bell - Brandon Jacobs
    RB - Jonathan Franklin - Lamar Miller

    WR - Keenan Allen - Jehricho Cotchery / Michael Crabtree
    WR - Cordarrelle Patterson - Dwayne Bowe / Percy Harvin
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins - Roddy White / Reggie Wayne
    WR - Da'Rick Rogers - Dez Bryant
    WR - Quinton Patton - Chad Johnson / Lav Coles

    TE - Tyler Eifert - Tony Gonzo
    TE - Zach Ertz - Dennis Pitta
    TE - Jordan Reed - Aaron Hernandez
    TE - Travis Kelce - Kyle Rudolph
    TE - Gavin Escobar - Dustin Keller

    Defense Tomorrow.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,248
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    QB - Geno Smith - Donavan McNabb
    QB - Matt Barkley - Andy Dalton
    QB - Ryan Nassib - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    QB - Mike Glennon - Kyle Boller
    QB - EJ Manuel - Jason Campbell

    RB - Montee Ball - Fred Taylor
    RB - Gio Bernard - Ray Rice
    RB - Eddie Lacy - Marshawn Lynch
    RB - LeVeon Bell - Brandon Jacobs
    RB - Jonathan Franklin - Lamar Miller

    WR - Keenan Allen - Jehricho Cotchery / Michael Crabtree
    WR - Cordarrelle Patterson - Dwayne Bowe / Percy Harvin
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins - Roddy White / Reggie Wayne
    WR - Da'Rick Rogers - Dez Bryant
    WR - Quinton Patton - Chad Johnson / Lav Coles

    TE - Tyler Eifert - Tony Gonzo
    TE - Zach Ertz - Dennis Pitta
    TE - Jordan Reed - Aaron Hernandez
    TE - Travis Kelce - Kyle Rudolph
    TE - Gavin Escobar - Dustin Keller

    Defense Tomorrow.
    Those are false.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Those are false.

    Explain it, don't just state it.

    Patterson is a YAC monster. Uses quick hips and explosiveness ala Harvin. Can be used on reverses, screens, slot or wide like Harvin.

    Like Bowe as in YAC beast. Give him the ball and watch him work. However, is inconsistent with his hands.

    Escobar is a mimic of Keller. WR in TE body. Not elite athleticism, or exceptionally fast. Not a blocker. Unproven hands.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,248
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Explain it, don't just state it.

    Patterson is a YAC monster. Uses quick hips and explosiveness ala Harvin. Can be used on reverses, screens, slot or wide like Harvin.

    Like Bowe as in YAC beast. Give him the ball and watch him work. However, is inconsistent with his hands.

    Escobar is a mimic of Keller. WR in TE body. Not elite athleticism, or exceptionally fast. Not a blocker. Unproven hands.
    No, don't have time. Just know that you're wrong on those. Comparing Patterson to Harvin is near laughable. What - cause they both do stuff with the ball in their hands? Patterson is limited to gimmicky like harvin plays cause he can't beat his man off the line and is extremely limited route-runner.

    Source says Patterson might drop
    The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein cited an NFL source who told him Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson might fall out of the first-round.
    Zierlein added that Patterson has done very poorly in interviews. The same doubts have been reported numerous times. Patterson only spent one year at the FBS level and reportedly struggled in the classroom, but his natural running ability needs to be taken advantage of, if only on quick patterns or simple packages.
    ^^ what i've been saying for 2 months.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    No, don't have time. Just know that you're wrong on those. Comparing Patterson to Harvin is near laughable. What - cause they both do stuff with the ball in their hands? Patterson is limited to gimmicky like harvin plays cause he can't beat his man off the line and is extremely limited route-runner.



    ^^ what i've been saying for 2 months.
    That was just about him being dumb as bricks in school.

    CP is an elite playmaker with the ball. He's a bigger less polished Austin.

    Hill is a big, strong, fast athlete. No WR skills. Looked weird catching the ball.

    CP is a big, fast, elusive football player. Has tremendous vision with the ball, can beat press coverage. Good hands at the line, and he has pure hands, something Hill never had. The guy is a football player. Catches ball at highest point. Will take him time to develop, but he'll be a playmaker.


    His routes need work, but so do most WR's coming out of college. KA is a polished route runner. He also got caught by LB's at Cal. It's pick your poison.

  6. #6
    Also, CP has the best lateral agility that I've ever seen in CFB at WR. Basically a taller Reggie Bush.

  7. #7
    Luke Kalil
    Eric Kalil
    Dee Claiborne
    Shariff Cox
    Chance Iaputi
    Dion Pace
    Jarvis Suggs
    Bjoern Kruger
    Barkevious Maybin
    Star Brockers
    Lane D'Brick
    Cordarrelle Britt
    Ezekiel Gholston
    Geno-EJ Freeman
    Tavon Harvin (forget the size difference)
    Tyler-Greg Olson
    Desmond-Janoris Jenkins
    Matt_Ryan_Tyler_Mike_Landry_Tyler Gabbert

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Luke Kalil
    Eric Kalil
    Dee Claiborne
    Shariff Cox
    Chance Iaputi
    Dion Pace
    Jarvis Suggs
    Bjoern Kruger
    Barkevious Maybin
    Star Brockers
    Lane D'Brick
    Cordarrelle Britt
    Ezekiel Gholston
    Geno-EJ Freeman
    Tavon Harvin (forget the size difference)
    Tyler-Greg Olson
    Desmond-Janoris Jenkins
    Matt_Ryan_Tyler_Mike_Landry_Tyler Gabbert
    So much wrong with this list

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So much wrong with this list
    1) It was more of a joke list than anything else by combining the names.
    2) Your post is totally meaningless without pointing out all the ones that were horrawful and or posting some of your own.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1) It was more of a joke list than anything else by combining the names.
    2) Your post is totally meaningless without pointing out all the ones that were horrawful and or posting some of your own.
    I think the maybin/gholston comparisons are lazy, jarvis is maybe more like James Harrison. Moore maybe more like suggs. Jordan is a way different player than pace, he's not quite Irvin either idk who he would compare to... Maybe Lawson? Margus hunt reminds me of Jared Allen. Oh and Barkley=Sanchez LOL
    I like the harvin/tavon comparison, maybe desean Jackson? I think dee looks more like gillmore than Claiborne too

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    RB - Montee Ball - Fred Taylor
    Don't see this.

    Fred Taylor was much more of an explosive runner, and more talented.

    This:

    RB - Montee Ball - Curtis Martin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us