Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McShay v. Kiper: Single Most NFL Ready Player in 2013 Draft

Hall Of Fame

McShay v. Kiper: Single Most NFL Ready Player in 2013 Draft

On ESPN now.

Kiper: Austin

McShay: Warmack

_

Take Austin at 9. He immediately makes the Jets offense LIGHT years better than last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just can't think of a better pick for us than Warmack.

Dion Jordan is the only edgerusher with a 1st round grade that doesn't scare the sh*t out of me and I don't see any way that he's still on the board at #9.

Like I said before, if Warmack is out there annihilating everyone in front of him and turns out to be an all-pro for the next decade, then no one is going to give a sh*t that we took him in the Top 10.

He makes the running game better and will help whoever is behind center stay on their feet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I just can't think of a better pick for us than Warmack.

Like I said before, if Warmack is out there annihilating everyone in front of him and turns out to be an all-pro for the next decade, then no one is going to give a sh*t that we took him in the Top 10.

He makes the running game better and will help whoever is behind center stay on their feet.
    Don't let Dreamers hear you--that child knows how to build an NFL franchise.

Seriously--Warmack is my number 1 pick by a wide margin--that whole nonsense about Guard not being a premium position worthy of a top 10 pick is just plain old old school ignorance.

This guy is going to come in and dominate from day 1--more that any other player in the entire draft.

Running game will be infinitely better, our QB--whomever it may be--will have a stout pocket with more than a second and a half to throw, not running for his life getting the shiite kicked out of him.

Please please please Warmack. Mock us all you want for passing on those suspect pass rushers, JAG QBs, tiny WRs and in 10 years when we look back at 8-10 pro-bowls, and we'll just smile.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Trade revis for pick and you take Warmack at 9 and austin with the bucs pick.

You guys are massively over estimating the factor one guard will have on the team. Especially when the league has morphed into an option QB or passing league. In almost every instance your guard has to rely on other players to truly take advantage of his talents. He opens a hole? There better be a non jag RB to run through it. He pass blocks? There better be a good Qb and receiver to take advantage of it.

Now this is true for other positions as well but not to the same extent in my opinion. A great pass rusher? Beat your man and get to the QB.

I won't have a total fit if we pick Warmack or Cooper for that matter but it will depend on who else is on the board at the time. I would feel a lot better about it if we traded down and then took a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You guys are massively over estimating the factor one guard will have on the team. Especially when the league has morphed into an option QB or passing league. In almost every instance your guard has to rely on other players to truly take advantage of his talents. He opens a hole? There better be a non jag RB to run through it. He pass blocks? There better be a good Qb and receiver to take advantage of it.

Now this is true for other positions as well but not to the same extent in my opinion. A great pass rusher? Beat your man and get to the QB.

I won't have a total fit if we pick Warmack or Cooper for that matter but it will depend on who else is on the board at the time. I would feel a lot better about it if we traded down and then took a guard.
    Especially when that guard is playing between two pro bowlers. That's why were able to replace faneca with a JAG like Slauson and not skip a best

Hall Of Fame

It's not just one guard--you're slotting Warmack between Brick and Mangold.

_

All League
    Im of the old school mind that taking a Guard in the 1st round is a no no. However we have a big need, Warmack seems to be a rare talent at Guard coming out and with the new CBA it wont cost a ton.

For me it all boils down to the CBA. If it was a few years ago I would say no way would I pay a Guard that kind of money.

If we take him the time will improve no doubt.

All League
    I am in the vast minority, but I think Cooper will be a better pro than Warmack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I am in the vast minority, but I think Cooper will be a better pro than Warmack.
    I don't see it

I think Cooper will be a damn good player. Possible pro-bowler.

But Warmack has legit HOF type potential.

Warmack = Will Shields

Cooper = Davin Joseph

All Pro

+1 on the minimal impact part.

This is what I've been saying all along. He will not make this team any better. The 2012 Jets are still 6-10 with Chance Warmack on the team. The 2013 Jets are staring 5 or 6 wins in the face with Chance Warmack on the team.

And everyone talks about how great he is, how he's a can't miss prospect while completely ignoring the fact that he gave up more than his fair share of sacks this year, on a team that barely throws the ball. Pass protection isn't his strong suit. I don't think he will be a bust, but to call him a hall of famer already is pretty dumb.

So, for me, picking a run-blocking mauler at 9 overall is not a bright idea.

Warmack +1. Easy choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    +1 on the minimal impact part.

This is what I've been saying all along. He will not make this team any better. The 2012 Jets are still 6-10 with Chance Warmack on the team. The 2013 Jets are staring 5 or 6 wins in the face with Chance Warmack on the team.

And everyone talks about how great he is, how he's a can't miss prospect while completely ignoring the fact that he gave up more than his fair share of sacks this year, on a team that barely throws the ball. Pass protection isn't his strong suit. I don't think he will be a bust, but to call him a hall of famer already is pretty dumb.

So, for me, picking a run-blocking mauler at 9 overall is not a bright idea.
    He absolutely makes this team better

If the kid lives up to his potential, then we'll have the best leftside OL in football for the next 5-6 years. Pretty damn good situation for your QB and running game.

And that article by Cimini was bullsh*t.

Warmack gave up 3.5 sacks during his entire college career, not last season.

All Pro
    He absolutely makes this team better

If the kid lives up to his potential, then we'll have the best leftside OL in football for the next 5-6 years. Pretty damn good situation for your QB and running game.

Ahhh. Stupid me for believing an article from an established media organization.

I still hold firm that he doesn't really make this team a whole lot better though.

Having the best left side of an OL will only get you so far. I'd much rather have the best DL or the best OLBs or the best WRs or the best QB. Obviously the QB thing won't happen, and there are risks involved with every other position... but the results are worth the risk IMO.

Hall Of Fame

And everyone talks about how great he is, how he's a can't miss prospect while completely ignoring the fact that he gave up more than his fair share of sacks this year, on a team that barely throws the ball. Pass protection isn't his strong suit.
    Yeah, what the f*ck was I thinking, you're right.

Wope!

_

Hall Of Fame

... but the results are worth the risk IMO.
    But why take the risk?

You may not GET the best DL or LB corp or WR corp.

With Warmack we'll have one of the best O-line in football for YEARS.

You build from the lines.

The NFL is an offense first league.

Build an impregnable OLine and put it in the bank.

_

All Pro
    I think you're wrong.

On the Alabama website, it says right there, in black and white that he gave up 3.5 sacks in 287 pass attempts in 2012. There are no sack numbers provided for previous seasons, but if the 3.5 number were his career mark, why would they put it next to 287 pass attempts?

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo..._chance00.html

Where did you get that information?

Meanwhile, Barrett Jones didn't allow a single sack all season while playing center. I would rather take him in round 2 than Warmack at 9th overall.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 04-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.

All League
    I don't see it

I think Cooper will be a damn good player. Possible pro-bowler.

But Warmack has legit HOF type potential.

Warmack = Will Shields

Cooper = Davin Joseph
    I think Cooper has Randall McDaniel type upside. He is an elite athlete at the position, elite. Not saying Warmack is not a good athlete, because he certainly is. Ultimately, I think they are 2 different types of Guards. I actually see more Larry Allen than Shields for Warmack, and see a lot of Shields/McDaniel in Cooper. Obviously HOF comparisions are a dangerous thing, but just the traits that make up those players, that's what I see.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ahhh. Stupid me for believing an article from an established media organization.

I still hold firm that he doesn't really make this team a whole lot better though.

Having the best left side of an OL will only get you so far. I'd much rather have the best DL or the best OLBs or the best WRs or the best QB. Obviously the QB thing won't happen, and there are risks involved with every other position... but the results are worth the risk IMO.
    To me, it's simple...

Guys like Jordan, Mingo, Jones, Ansah, Moore, etc all carry red flags.

People expecting to get a double digit sack artist at #9 are being extremely optimistic IMO. There is no Von Miller or Aldon Smith in this class.

And I'm not in favor of taking a receiver like Austin or Patterson at #9 because, quite frankly, I don't view either as an elite Julio Jones/AJ Green type of prospect. Hell, I like guys like Hopkins, Patton and Hunter just as much if not more than those guys and at least one of them is bound to still be on the board at #39.

This draft is weak as hell at the top. Weakest in recent memory.

So I say take the stud OG that can make an impact from day 1 and is a safe, reliable pick with little to no downside.

Yes, this is a deep draft class for interior OL, but make no mistake, there is a large dropoff in talent after Warmack and Cooper go off the board.