Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugh... Idzik likes Ertz

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sigh... Petti. He'll be a free agent next year ya' know. My sweet prince, we should have never taken Sanchez instead of you.
    I remember I really warmed to him as a prospect when he came out but haven't really followed his progress in Detroit.Is he likely to hit FA?Those Lions are in bad cap shape no?

The dream flickers into life......

.......and then we draft Ertz

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    I remember I really warmed to him as a prospect when he came out but haven't really followed his progress in Detroit.Is he likely to hit FA?Those Lions are in bad cap shape no?

Lol, noooo!

I think there's a decent chance he'll hit the market. The Lions' cap will tight again next year and will always be carrying the weight of Stafford/Mega/Suh. They spend again this year on Bush, and will need to address either LT or DE here in the draft with a costly pick.

With Broyles' injury and Titus Young's jettison, Pettigrew's going to be in position to have a huge year if he steps up. That's either going to make him too $$ for the Lions to pay (though they can tag for relatively cheap) or conversely it will inspire them to pay.

Here's hoping Sheffler and Stafford fall in love with each other next year, and let Petti come home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4851964]What do you know, you're not a real person.[/QUOTE

Don't show all ur teeth plastic smile cant work. That's the realla!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post

I liked Pettigrew coming out of college, but I've seen enough of him to say that he would drive us crazy. Lots of drops, tipped passes for INTs, and other dumb plays. He has nice stats because Detroit throws the ball so much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I liked Pettigrew coming out of college, but I've seen enough of him to say that he would drive us crazy. Lots of drops, tipped passes for INTs, and other dumb plays. He has nice stats because Detroit throws the ball so much.
    pff gimme a break. I know the internet is the capital of exaggeration town, but it's gotten ridiculous here on JI...

Ya - you're probably right. In fact, he'll be out of the league next year. Fck, he might even get cut in TC cause HE'S SO AWFUL. He never blocks well, and i think he drops EVERY SINGLE PASS that goes his way. He might actually be the worst TE in the NFL. ....It has NOTHING to do with that offense. ya

There, I spoke in NYRAGE dialect. In normal human tongue - Petti had 9 drops on 68 catchable passes. It's obviously 9 more than anyone would like, but I'm not sure that warrants blowing his head off. He isn't setting any statistical anomalies

EDIT** You know who had worse drop % that Petti? Hernandez and Graham.... and those guys suck balls. You got me thinking RAGE, maybe we just draft a bunch of toy soldiers and suit' em up with velcro.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-07-2013 at 07:41 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    pff gimme a break. I know the internet is the capital of exaggeration town, but it's gotten ridiculous here on JI...

Ya - you're probably right. In fact, he'll be out of the league next year. Fck, he might even get cut in TC cause HE'S SO AWFUL. He never blocks well, and i think he drops EVERY SINGLE PASS that goes his way. He might actually be the worst TE in the NFL. ....It has NOTHING to do with that offense. ya

There, I spoke in NYRAGE dialect. In normal human tongue - Petti had 9 drops on 68 catchable passes. It's obviously 9 more than anyone would like, but I'm not sure that warrants blowing his head off. He isn't setting any statistical anomalies

EDIT** You know who had worse drop % that Petti? Hernandez and Graham.... and those guys suck balls. You got me thinking RAGE, maybe we just draft a bunch of toy soldiers and suit' em up with velcro.

It's getting stupid the way people talk about drops and label players as having bad hands.No WR will ever catch every ball...sometimes the fact you get a hand on it is more because of outrageous talent and athleticism getting in a position to be near enough to have a chance yet if you fail to haul it in you 'dropped' it.Hill had a couple of real drops last year( the NE one being the most glaring)but he also had a couple of tough plays that people labelled drops that were just tough catches he didn't manage to grab.

Must also be tough handling Stafford missiles all the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats your problem? Jets need a TE and Ertz is a good prospect and should be available at 39. You guys overrate Cumby he's barely a JAG.