Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tank Carradine at 39?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tank Carradine at 39?

Will he be there? Great value if he does make it to us at 39. He needs some coaching but he's a beast waiting to be unleashed. If not Brandon Jenkins in the third round would work as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasn't for the ACL tear, he'd probably be regarded as the best passrusher in this draft class.

I think he probably goes late 1st/very early 2nd but I'd jump all over him if he fell to #39.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, sure. sign me up if he's still there.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good player, bad fit. 4-3 player ala Werner.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carradine is an excellent fit for our defense at the hybird OLB/DE position we are looking for, the problem with him at 39 is he will be gone by pick 20.

If we wind up with 2 first round picks or better yet, if lane johnson happens to be on the board when we are picking, it would be an excellent opportunity to move down and trade with the saints for a mid (4-5) round pick this year and a 2nd next season (they dont have a 2nd this year).

If we did that carradine would be an exceptional pick at 16 IMO. Guy is a beast, great motor, strong enough to hold POA in our defense and then transition to a legit edge rusher on 3rd downs.

CNNSI had a good article about how hard he is working to come back from the ACL - moved down live near the rehab guy who worked with Apete. Seems like a guy who really loves football. Probably would have been top 8 or so pick this year without the injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Tank's still there at #39, then I would get Usain himself to run the card up.

I can't imagine him making it there. He's exactly the kind of player that will go bottom 1st. High ceiling, huge production.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Him and Werner used to schedule meetings at the QB. Don't be late!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If Tank's still there at #39, then I would get Usain himself to run the card up.

I can't imagine him making it there. He's exactly the kind of player that will go bottom 1st. High ceiling, huge production.
    Great. Lovely. He'll be Wilfork 2.0. Can't wait...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless something crazy like Geno falls to us I think we go OLB in the 1st. I really dont see any other options unless we trade down. Dont see us taking 2 OLB in a row. I love the idea of Tank here but I think it is a long shot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Unless something crazy like Geno falls to us I think we go OLB in the 1st. I really dont see any other options unless we trade down. Dont see us taking 2 OLB in a row. I love the idea of Tank here but I think it is a long shot.
    what would be so crazy about that?? geno isnt worth a first round pick let alone the number 9!!!!
    BUST!!!

and as for tank....he isnt worth the 9 and will be gone by 39.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    what would be so crazy about that?? geno isnt worth a first round pick let alone the number 9!!!!
    BUST!!!

and as for tank....he isnt worth the 9 and will be gone by 39.
    Geno goes no later then 4. If he fell to 9 we'd be lucky as heck to have him. I am not even that high on Geno but he is well worth a 1st round pick. Stop with this nonsense. He is Stafford with more mobility. Not every 1st rounder in Luck or Manning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno goes no later then 4. If he fell to 9 we'd be lucky as heck to have him. I am not even that high on Geno but he is well worth a 1st round pick. Stop with this nonsense. He is Stafford with more mobility. Not every 1st rounder in Luck or Manning.
    Easy on Stafford.

Stafford has a cannon, and was great at reading defenses. Just inaccurate at times. Geno is really accurate.

I see Tony Romo and Donavan McNabb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Easy on Stafford.

Stafford has a cannon, and was great at reading defenses. Just inaccurate at times. Geno is really accurate.

I see Tony Romo and Donavan McNabb.
    I actually dont remember Romo in college to make a comment on that but McNabb I seems like a good comparison. McNabb was always a question mark prospect as well but their games did very quite a bit. Geno never ran a physical out of the pocket O like McNabb did. Geno has almost the same game as Stafford he just has more physical ability. Stafford had a stronger arm but outside of that ran pretty much the same O coming out. Geno is smarter then people are giving him credit for right now. Stafford isnt exactly a master at calling Ds right now much less when he came out. Geno never had to read Ds in WV most of what they do is quick inside passes based on athletic RBs, TE, and WR to make plays. He is a quick step QB that just played out of a shot gun so he never saw heavy blitz. Question is can he do what he did in the pocket that he did in a shot gun. Same as Stafford coming out. Genos issues are when he is forced out of the pocket again much like Stafford he looses his footing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah and the majority of qb's are bust....the fact that tannehill would easily be the first pick in this dradt if he didnt come out last year tells me everything.....and gil brant said that.....no freaking way do i want a bum like geno...PASS.