Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Roll The Dice, Idzik. Final mock 4-5-13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Roll The Dice, Idzik. Final mock 4-5-13

I'm a swing for the fences kind of guy and that is sort of reflected in these picks. Here we go...

1- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
    He's failed the off-season. Good thing is the off-season doesn't matter nearly as much as games do. And when it's game time, this dude brings it. We'd be so lucky to have him in green and white.

2- Menelink Watson, OT, Florida State
    I'd rather take the RT here and try to sure that position up than go for a OG. Let Howard and Vlad compete for the OG spots. Watson has All-Pro potential.

3- Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia
    I have a funny feeling this guy is going to be very, very good in the NFL. Getting an athletic, fast, ball-hawk like him in the 3rd round would be nice. Stedman Bailey is my other pick for this position.

4- Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
    Jones has the arm and mechanics. A good guy to develop for a year and see what happens. The ability is clearly in there somewhere and it has flashed in big games. Could be a steal in the 4th round.

5- Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
    Potential starting TE who has serious athleticism for a big guy. The Jets need a TE pretty badly and Kasa has the ability to be similar to Martellus Bennett (without the brain farts) in the right situation.

6- Rick Wagner, OL, Wisconsin
    A classic overachiever who will come in and work hard. Might latch on as a RG. It's worth a shot.

7- Chris Thompson, RB, Florida St.
    He needs to be a Jet.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming Jordan gone in round 1 I'm good with ansah or jones

I'll also assume the other picks are realistically projected ... I like it

Ljr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Assuming Jordan gone in round 1 I'm good with ansah or jones

I'll also assume the other picks are realistically projected ... I like it

Ljr
    I might be a round off on some of these guys. It's always very tough to tell. I don't think I'm 2 or 3 rounds off on most of them though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I might be a round off on some of these guys. It's always very tough to tell. I don't think I'm 2 or 3 rounds off on most of them though.
    There is a real good analysis of jarvis jones on turnonthejets.com Not sure how well he suits an OLB in our defense, but worth the read.

Im a big fan of wagner late, especially if we can get a guard like winters in the 3rd. Wagners knock is his pass blocking, but he was dinged up this year, will play on the right side in the NFL and if you remember, zeitler (also from wisconsin) had a "bad senior bowl week" and was very good as an NFL rookie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm OK with most of the this draft, but I see the 4th round pick as a complete waste. If you're going to spend a pick on a total crapshoot QB, don't do it the 4th. We can still land a potential DT/WR/RB/Anything over a guy that may or may not ever beat out McElroy for #3 duties. ...I like Kasa, and Jones, could accept Watson.

Why are people like lamont rules, still talking about Ansah? You couldn't pick a worse player in the top 15 for our defense. It's not news either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really think Jones is going to take a Courtney Upshaw-esque fall on draft day.

Not a fan of the Watson pick. Don't want another project OL.

Like the rest though. I'm cool with taking a flyer on Landry Jones in the 4th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'm OK with most of the this draft, but I see the 4th round pick as a complete waste. If you're going to spend a pick on a total crapshoot QB, don't do it the 4th. We can still land a potential DT/WR/RB/Anything over a guy that may or may not ever beat out McElroy for #3 duties. ...I like Kasa, and Jones, could accept Watson.

Why are people like lamont rules, still talking about Ansah? You couldn't pick a worse player in the top 15 for our defense. It's not news either.
    The 4th is a perfect time to go after a project QB with upside like Jones. He's not exactly a complete project. He has ability and experience and all the physical tools.

I honestly don't know if he'll still be there in the 4th, but if he is, they should jump on it. Of course there are other positions that can be addressed with that pick, but let's be real here... no position is a bigger need than QB. It's a crap shoot with any position, so I'd like to see if the QB can work out.

And Jones is way better than McElroy. Jones actually has the physical tools to play in the NFL, unlike McElroy.

UT, Watson was a questionable call, even for me. His upside is so great though. He has the feet to play LT with more experience, so having him at RT would be a huge plus. It would have been easier, safer, to put Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas in that slot. I went for the home run though.

Jones very well might fall, but I would be a little sad to see the Jets let him get past them. I can see him taking this big drop on draft day and landing with the Steelers at 17 and terrorizing the AFC for years.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 04-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.