Tinstar's last mock before the Draft

1st : Ezekiel Ansah - SOLB

2nd : Tyler Bray - QB

3rd : Christine Michael - RB

4th : Chris Harper - WRF

5th : Chris Faulk - OT/OG

6th : Michael Williams - TE

7th : Cooper Taylor - SS

If the Jets should somehow manage to trade Revis for the 13th pick, then i would like to see them use that pick on Jonathon Cooper. I happen to believe that guy is gonna be a great LG. I take him over Warmack basically because of 2 reasons.

1 - Cooper can play both guard and the Center position.
    2 - i really believe that at the NFL level, Warmack is a pure RG . Yes, i realize he played LG at Bama, but he is an in the box short area war dawg.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 04-06-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bray in the 2nd, Harper in the 3rd!?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This mock takes the prize as the worst I have seen yet. Not one pick I'd even say is redeeming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So according to someone who's opinion is valued by many around here, I took the:

#1 Rated DE with my 1st round pick

#5 rated QB with my 2nd round pick

#3 Rated RB with my 3rd round pick

And according to some of u, it's not a decent draft.

Tough room.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    So according to someone who's opinion is valued by many around here, I took the:

#1 Rated DE with my 1st round pick

#5 rated QB with my 2nd round pick

#3 Rated RB with my 3rd round pick

And according to some of u, it's not a decent draft.

Tough room.
    Ezekiel Ansah is not the #1 rated anything. Yeah JETS fan in me but he is anther work out warrior IMO, I'll pass. Jones, Jordain, Mingo, the other Jones, and Ogletree are all better option IMO. Heck I'd rather Collins, Tank, Moore, Monty, or Brown in the 2nd. I like this QB class but Brey is not going that early. He killed his chances of that with his mouth. He is a late 3rd at earliest and that is all on potential. That is a lot to invest who's commitment to the game is in question. He is anther Sanchez IMO pass. This RB class sucks but Christine Michael is likely our 3rd round pick. Nothing special. Michael Williams is the only pick I even like.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this draft class makes me puke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the Jets Draft:
    #1 Mingo or Austin
    #2 Ertz
    #3 Safety.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you really think last yr

The consensus in the NFL world is that Ryan Tannehil would be the 1st QB taken in the 2013 Draft if he didn't come out last season. The problem i have with this assumption is that before the draft last yr, many thought that Tannehil wasn't more than a late 2nd to early 3rd round pick .

During the weeks leading up to the draft it was widely thought that the Dolphins taking Tannehil with their early 1st round pick was a mistake due to his inexperience as a starting QB and his rather inacurate nature . Today, after 1 yr he's looked at differently.

These QBs in this draft have plenty of ability, but not as immediate starters, atleast not all of em. Provided they are healthy, i happen to think that both Matt Barkley and Sean Renfree could start the season as starters. Both would probably struggle mightly, but would also do as well as Tannehil did last yr.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Here's the Jets Draft:
    #1 Mingo or Austin
    #2 Ertz
    #3 Safety.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE DO I WANT MINGO

but the Austin/ertz combo would be nice.....better yet let eifert slip!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Ezekiel Ansah is not the #1 rated anything. Yeah JETS fan in me but he is anther work out warrior IMO, I'll pass. Jones, Jordain, Mingo, the other Jones, and Ogletree are all better option IMO. Heck I'd rather Collins, Tank, Moore, Monty, or Brown in the 2nd. I like this QB class but Brey is not going that early. He killed his chances of that with his mouth. He is a late 3rd at earliest and that is all on potential. That is a lot to invest who's commitment to the game is in question. He is anther Sanchez IMO pass. This RB class sucks but Christine Michael is likely our 3rd round pick. Nothing special. Michael Williams is the only pick I even like.
    From Mike Mayock's updated list:

4-3 Defensive End
    1. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
    2. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
    3. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
    4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
    T-5. Tank Carradine, Florida State
    T-5. Alex Okafor, Texas

Rise: Ansah (2)

So i guess Mike Mayock is Nobody. I figured once it work for "you" others would see it my way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    From Mike Mayock's updated list:

4-3 Defensive End
    1. Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
    2. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
    3. Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
    4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
    T-5. Tank Carradine, Florida State
    T-5. Alex Okafor, Texas

Rise: Ansah (2)

So i guess Mike Mayock is Nobody. I figured once it work for "you" others would see it my way.
    We do not run a 4-3. Ziggy is a work out warrior he is not better then Jones, Jones, Jordan, Werner, Ogletree, or Mingo. Only one of which is even listed on that list.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like I'm beating a dead horse into a bloody mess here. Tin, why on are earth are you drafting us a 40 front DE? He's too small to play a 30 DE and there's no way he's going to play SOLB. No one thinks and OLB but JI! The Jets aren't visiting with Ansah.

Can we all just please let this Ansah thing go already...

*deep breath*

Ok, now who do we have in the 2nd - wait Bray?!

..i'm out

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We do not run a 4-3. Ziggy is a work out warrior he is not better then Jones, Jones, Jordan, Werner, Ogletree, or Mingo. Only one of which is even listed on that list.
    We run multiple fronts and with the crop of players we have now we are closer to a 4-3 than 3-4. There is no such thing as running 1 scheme in the nfl anymore.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, I appreciate the time and effort you put into your Mock's Tin'.

I am guessing that Jordan will be long gone by the times the Jets pick and in that case I would prefer Jarvis Jones over Ziggy but I would not have a problem with the Ansah pick. There is, of course, a chance that Ansah will be gone by 9.

I like Tyler Bray in the second if he lasts that long, I would not trade up even a few spots to get him, there is enough talent there not to be trading away draft picks.

I see Florio and Tannenbaum both has us picking Cordarrelle Patterson at 9. That idea makes me puke. I also don't want Geno Smith at 9 and I don't want Tavon Austin at 9, if we trade down, fair enough.

If Rex believes that Margus Hunt can play olb, we need to trade down.

Ideally OLB at 9 and if we trade Revis for a first, I want OL.

In the third I want a TE, it might be a little high for Nick Casa but his potential is exciting. if we get an extra third in the Revis deal I want a RB, Jonathan Franklin has a combination of the speed, elusiveness and toughness I want.

I want nose tackle dept in the fourth, if neither of the Williams drop to round four, I want Montori Hughes.

If we trade Revis, with a deep cornerback draft I want a corner in the fifth .
    If Terry Hawthorne falls that far that is who I want, otherwise Brandon McGee.

I want Micah Hyde drafted (and moved to safety) in the sixth.

In the seventh I am looking for more OLB depth, I want Travis Long and if there is a extra seventh round pick in the Revis trade, I want a guard Blaize Foltz or Omoregie Uzzi.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't see Ansah as an OLB and he's way too "boom or bust" for my taste. This is a classic case of "workout warrior". The guy was widely viewed as an UDFA before last season and now he's a possible Top 3 pick? Yeah, f*ck that noise.

And I want absolutely nothing to do with Bray. I've made my feelings on him well known. Kid is a total douchebag who has had his work ethic and commitment to football questioned by his own coaches. I want a QB who eats, sleeps and breathes football. A guy who is dedicated to his craft and a total film junkie. Bray is the exact opposite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    For what it's worth, I appreciate the time and effort you put into your Mock's Tin'.

I am guessing that Jordan will be long gone by the times the Jets pick and in that case I would prefer Jarvis Jones over Ziggy but I would not have a problem with the Ansah pick. There is, of course, a chance that Ansah will be gone by 9.

I like Tyler Bray in the second if he lasts that long, I would not trade up even a few spots to get him, there is enough talent there not to be trading away draft picks.

I see Florio and Tannenbaum both has us picking Cordarrelle Patterson at 9. That idea makes me puke. I also don't want Geno Smith at 9 and I don't want Tavon Austin at 9, if we trade down, fair enough.

If Rex believes that Margus Hunt can play olb, we need to trade down.

Ideally OLB at 9 and if we trade Revis for a first, I want OL.

In the third I want a TE, it might be a little high for Nick Casa but his potential is exciting. if we get an extra third in the Revis deal I want a RB, Jonathan Franklin has a combination of the speed, elusiveness and toughness I want.

I want nose tackle dept in the fourth, if neither of the Williams drop to round four, I want Montori Hughes.

If we trade Revis, with a deep cornerback draft I want a corner in the fifth .
    If Terry Hawthorne falls that far that is who I want, otherwise Brandon McGee.

I want Micah Hyde drafted (and moved to safety) in the sixth.

In the seventh I am looking for more OLB depth, I want Travis Long and if there is a extra seventh round pick in the Revis trade, I want a guard Blaize Foltz or Omoregie Uzzi.
    All kinds of yes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is funny how before the combine people where drooling all over Moore and Monty and now they may be 2nd round guys. I still think these 2 are better then a lot of the names people are saying have jumped them. Moore may not have Ziggy's up side but is a lot safer bet IMO. Monty is still my favorite guy here. If we grabbed him in the 2nd I'd be throwing a parade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I feel like I'm beating a dead horse into a bloody mess here. Tin, why on are earth are you drafting us a 40 front DE? He's too small to play a 30 DE and there's no way he's going to play SOLB. No one thinks and OLB but JI! The Jets aren't visiting with Ansah.

Can we all just please let this Ansah thing go already...

*deep breath*

Ok, now who do we have in the 2nd - wait Bray?!

..i'm out

Truth be told, i don't want to spend my 2nd round pick on Tyler Bray either. I made this draft without the benefit of a Revis trade meaning i have to possibly move my timeline on a QB up. I want Ziggy Ansah on the Jets because i believe he's a better version of Bryan Thomas . Last yr everyone and their mother wanted The OLber from South carolina, but i wanted Coples. Maybe i am stubborn, but i see what i see and i believe what i believe.

I believe you win in the NFL by Running the ball, making the plays in the passing game that present themselves and playing solid defense. The Packers, The Saints, The Patriots, The Peyton Manning Colts and The Lions have some of the most potent passing attacks in the league. When was the last time any of em won the big game.

I want a team built with a Smart accurate QB who can make all the throws. I put a Solid wall in front of that QB and a 3 down RB who can run, block and catch the ball out of the backfield. I surround them with quality support who are football players.

On Defense i must have a NT above anything else. Then depending
    on what scheme i play it's either DEs or OLBs and an Inside LBer who can run and tackle and fill in around them. For me, Football hasn't change, it's just that some fans want to be intertained even if it comes at the cost of the SB. It's why folks are in lust with this new NFL where QBs throw for 5thousand yards a season and their teams win as much as the Jets do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Truth be told, i don't want to spend my 2nd round pick on Tyler Bray either. I made this draft without the benefit of a Revis trade meaning i have to possibly move my timeline on a QB up. I want Ziggy Ansah on the Jets because i believe he's a better version of Bryan Thomas . Last yr everyone and their mother wanted The OLber from South carolina, but i wanted Coples. Maybe i am stubborn, but i see what i see and i believe what i believe.

I believe you win in the NFL by Running the ball, making the plays in the passing game that present themselves and playing solid defense. The Packers, The Saints, The Patriots, The Peyton Manning Colts and The Lions have some of the most potent passing attacks in the league. When was the last time any of em won the big game.

I want a team built with a Smart accurate QB who can make all the throws. I put a Solid wall in front of that QB and a 3 down RB who can run, block and catch the ball out of the backfield. I surround them with quality support who are football players.

On Defense i must have a NT above anything else. Then depending
    on what scheme i play it's either DEs or OLBs and an Inside LBer who can run and tackle and fill in around them. For me, Football hasn't change, it's just that some fans want to be intertained even if it comes at the cost of the SB. It's why folks are in lust with this new NFL where QBs throw for 5thousand yards a season and their teams win as much as the Jets do.
    Not for nothing but all of them except the Lions have won a Super Bowl recently...LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    All kinds of yes.
    I just want to make sure Im reading this correctly.

You dont want Ansah, a 6'6 271 athletic freak who isnt an "olb" for us but you are ok if we draft margus hunt, a 6'8 277 pound guy who cant play OLB either and who is 26 years old?

I know you and I have been on the argument for a while, but I dont see the logic with hunt being any good - he is actually a bigger risk due to his abnormal height as he will be easier to get leverage against.

Im still heavily in favor of picking ansah, as the "OLB" position he will fill for us plays in a 3 point stance 70% of the time and he is certainly athletic enough to play the other 30% standing up, especially since he did it at BYU.