Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Tinstar's last mock before the Draft

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,377

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I just want to make sure Im reading this correctly.

    You dont want Ansah, a 6'6 271 athletic freak who isnt an "olb" for us but you are ok if we draft margus hunt, a 6'8 277 pound guy who cant play OLB either and who is 26 years old?

    I know you and I have been on the argument for a while, but I dont see the logic with hunt being any good - he is actually a bigger risk due to his abnormal height as he will be easier to get leverage against.

    Im still heavily in favor of picking ansah, as the "OLB" position he will fill for us plays in a 3 point stance 70% of the time and he is certainly athletic enough to play the other 30% standing up, especially since he did it at BYU.

    Let me clarify--

    I wouldn't take Hunt before our 2nd pick. Or in some version where we own a late late 1st

    They're equally risky. Ansah's simply younger

    Ansah has no business, no business at all being discussed as an OLB. He'll be 285-290 after a year or two in the nfl. He's 4-3 DE

    I like what I've seen from playing in a similar system to ours. More burst than ansah, better closing speed and has a much better chance of succeeding in spot time at OLB

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Let me clarify--

    I wouldn't take Hunt before our 2nd pick. Or in some version where we own a late late 1st

    They're equally risky. Ansah's simply younger

    Ansah has no business, no business at all being discussed as an OLB. He'll be 285-290 after a year or two in the nfl. He's 4-3 DE

    I like what I've seen from playing in a similar system to ours. More burst than ansah, better closing speed and has a much better chance of succeeding in spot time at OLB
    I think he's got plenty of business being discussed as a 3-4 olb. He's got the footwork and agility to play in space but his job regardless will be to rush the passer ie. Suggs. And why is ansah "too big" but not hunt? He hasn't been through an NFL training program either

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I think he's got plenty of business being discussed as a 3-4 olb.
    Ansah? Don't agree with that sentiment at all. And from what I can tell, Neither do most in the NFL (if not all).

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Ezekiel Ansah is not the #1 rated anything. Yeah JETS fan in me but he is anther work out warrior IMO, I'll pass. Jones, Jordain, Mingo, the other Jones, and Ogletree are all better option IMO. Heck I'd rather Collins, Tank, Moore, Monty, or Brown in the 2nd. I like this QB class but Brey is not going that early. He killed his chances of that with his mouth. He is a late 3rd at earliest and that is all on potential. That is a lot to invest who's commitment to the game is in question. He is anther Sanchez IMO pass. This RB class sucks but Christine Michael is likely our 3rd round pick. Nothing special. Michael Williams is the only pick I even like.
    Agreed i think Ansah will be a pure project and waste our turn around time with any real production i think Dion Jordan is the pick and I hope we get a Strong armed QB at some point...lwe need to turn this around quick...

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I think he's got plenty of business being discussed as a 3-4 olb. He's got the footwork and agility to play in space but his job regardless will be to rush the passer ie. Suggs. And why is ansah "too big" but not hunt? He hasn't been through an NFL training program either
    Bryan Thomas 6'4 265
    Calvin Pace 6'4 262
    Terrell Suggs 6'3 260

    Those are the "OLBs" Rex has used in the past few seasons. His defense is predicated on an "OLB" to play 70+% of the time in a 3 point stance which all the above guys did.

    Ansah is 6'6 271 - can he put on weight, sure. But its not definite and even if he does play at 277 that is where the NFL is going. There werent DEs like JPP who weigh 299 and can run 5 years ago either.

    Ansah is athletic enough to play "in space" and spend most of the time as a "DE" in our system. No clue if he falls to us or if we take him, and yes he is very raw but I just dont see the "poor fit" thing.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Agreed i think Ansah will be a pure project and waste our turn around time with any real production i think Dion Jordan is the pick and I hope we get a Strong armed QB at some point...lwe need to turn this around quick...
    Of the mock drafts I have looked at only one has Dion Jordan fall as far as 9. If in the unlikely scenario he falls to 9, I think he is the logical pick for the Jets. However, I don't think he falls and we have too many needs to trade up.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    1st : Ezekiel Ansah - SOLB

    2nd : Tyler Bray - QB

    3rd : Christine Michael - RB

    4th : Chris Harper - WRF

    5th : Chris Faulk - OT/OG

    6th : Michael Williams - TE

    7th : Cooper Taylor - SS


    If the Jets should somehow manage to trade Revis for the 13th pick, then i would like to see them use that pick on Jonathon Cooper. I happen to believe that guy is gonna be a great LG. I take him over Warmack basically because of 2 reasons.

    1 - Cooper can play both guard and the Center position.
    2 - i really believe that at the NFL level, Warmack is a pure RG . Yes, i realize he played LG at Bama, but he is an in the box short area war dawg.
    Without knowing who else is on the board when the picks are made makes it harder to comment on.

    I feel better about Ansah as a DE in a 4-3 than a SOLB

    Bray is a much less talented Jeff George, but more talented than A Jimmy Clausen, talented but not really a leader, If you feel it will come with maturity a 4th rd pick is where I see his value.

    What is a WRF?

    Love Faulk there,
    Last edited by patman; 04-09-2013 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Ansah? Don't agree with that sentiment at all. And from what I can tell, Neither do most in the NFL (if not all).
    Uh many 3-4 teams have shown interest... Philly, AZ, browns, saints, pitt

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Without knowing who else is on the board when the picks are made makes it harder to comment on.

    I feel better about Ansah as a DE in a 4-3 than a SOLB

    Bray is a much less talented Jeff George, but more talented than A Jimmy Clausen, talented but not really a leader, If you feel it will come with maturity a 4th rd pick is where I see his value.

    What is a WRF?

    Love Faulk there,
    In the defensive scheme the Jets run, stopping the run is the most important thing, and IMHO, far more important than rushing the Passer. That's why when the Jets had their best success, it was with Jenkins/Pouha playing the NT position clogging the middle and Bryan Thomas setting the edge preventing the outside run.

    I happen to think that Ezekiel Ansah is an Improved Bryan Thomas who sets the edge just as well but whose instincts even at this stage in his career is better than Thomas making him a better pass rusher .


    I love what Tyler Bray bring to the table as a QB over any other QB in this draft. His talent Level lends itself to the 1st round, but his attitude and off the field issues makes him a late 3rd round. Given the fact that so many teams will probably be taking QBs around this time and most of em pick before we do, i would prefer to not take the chance on a prospect like Bray. Considering that I have a comfort level for Zac Dysert i wouldn't be opposed to waiting until our 3rd round pick for a shot at Bray with Dysert as the fall back option. I really want this Revis trade to come to fruition(1st, 3rd and 6th ) so i can Look at Bray with either our 3rd or the Bucs 3rd.\

    WRF is my way of presenting the Flanker position at Wide Receiver. I invision a receiving core in 2014 of :

    Flanker : Chris Harper
    Spit End : Stephon Hill
    Slot : Kerley / Moore


    Nobody ever accused me of knowing what i was doing, LOL.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    In the defensive scheme the Jets run, stopping the run is the most important thing, and IMHO, far more important than rushing the Passer. That's why when the Jets had their best success, it was with Jenkins/Pouha playing the NT position clogging the middle and Bryan Thomas setting the edge preventing the outside run.

    I happen to think that Ezekiel Ansah is an Improved Bryan Thomas who sets the edge just as well but whose instincts even at this stage in his career is better than Thomas making him a better pass rusher .


    I love what Tyler Bray bring to the table as a QB over any other QB in this draft. His talent Level lends itself to the 1st round, but his attitude and off the field issues makes him a late 3rd round. Given the fact that so many teams will probably be taking QBs around this time and most of em pick before we do, i would prefer to not take the chance on a prospect like Bray. Considering that I have a comfort level for Zac Dysert i wouldn't be opposed to waiting until our 3rd round pick for a shot at Bray with Dysert as the fall back option. I really want this Revis trade to come to fruition(1st, 3rd and 6th ) so i can Look at Bray with either our 3rd or the Bucs 3rd.\

    WRF is my way of presenting the Flanker position at Wide Receiver. I invision a receiving core in 2014 of :

    Flanker : Chris Harper
    Spit End : Stephon Hill
    Slot : Kerley / Moore


    Nobody ever accused me of knowing what i was doing, LOL.
    his name did not strike a bell, so when i looked him up, he has almost H back size so the WRF acronym threw me.

  11. #31
    Bray had Rogers, CP, and Hunter. The fact that he didn't do enough damage with those weapons scares me. Plus his accuracy is spotty and he has question marks. I do like him, however. Not before round 4 however.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    his name did not strike a bell, so when i looked him up, he has almost H back size so the WRF acronym threw me.
    Think Anquan Bolden. The same size, attacks the ball in the air the same way and if it's near him he catches it. That kid had Colin Klein for a Qb and still was able to make his mark.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us