Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 254

Thread: Revis 'not optimistic' about Tampa Bay trade

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Are you serious in thinking that Revis is going to drive ticket sales?
    a
    Uhh yeah buddy. If Revis plays at the same level he was before the injury= wins for team. Which translates to more ticket sales. He is also a marque name in the NFL.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    nope because he also knows if he plays out season he gets better deal next year.. Players don't play scared.
    Leon Washington says Hi

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How do they hold all the cards? All they have him is for one year and no team will trade for him if he does not want to go there.
    Manish, is that you?

    Keep thining that way...Players want security, and right now Revis is all alone on his island. Another injury, and he is the land on Aqib Talib and the 1 year deal

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,559
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Uhh yeah buddy. If Revis plays at the same level he was before the injury= wins for team. Which translates to more ticket sales. He is also a marque name in the NFL.
    That's true they call him Mevis..

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Leon Washington says Hi
    Joe Flacco and Ryan Clady say Hi

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Manish, is that you?

    Keep thining that way...Players want security, and right now Revis is all alone on his island. Another injury, and he is the land on Aqib Talib and the 1 year deal
    Raiders will have close to 70 million in cap space in 2014. After they draft J clowney , Revis wouldn't be a bad guy to add to their defense as they have to spend their money some where.

    So please play hardball and wait to trade Revis. The longer this goes on the most likely revis wants to test FA. Once he hits FA he is gone.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,186
    finally a little honesty from Raider 90210

    You'll need to have the first pick in the draft to get Clowney and it's nice to see that T Pryor and M Flynn are the guys that can get that record done

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    finally a little honesty from Raider 90210

    You'll need to have the first pick in the draft to get Clowney and it's nice to see that T Pryor and M Flynn are the guys that can get that record done
    I like how he goes from talking about how the raiders are the bestest most explosive team ever to how the raiders will be the worst team in the league so they can draft the bestest pass rusher ever. It's much more likely the raiders will win 4-5 games and have the #4 pick in the draft next year

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I like how he goes from talking about how the raiders are the bestest most explosive team ever to how the raiders will be the worst team in the league so they can draft the bestest pass rusher ever. It's much more likely the raiders will win 4-5 games and have the #4 pick in the draft next year
    LOL, the homer is all over the map

    I love when he gets his ass handed to him on this board over crap he's said in the past that blows up in his face, he ignores it and moves on to the next batch of players he overhypes and turn out to be bums.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    finally a little honesty from Raider 90210

    You'll need to have the first pick in the draft to get Clowney and it's nice to see that T Pryor and M Flynn are the guys that can get that record done
    What Does T Pryor and M Flynn have to do with the number 1 pick. Both can play very well and it doesn't matter as the defense might not be able to stop anyone.

    With the third pick of the 2013 NFl draft Raiders select OT Eric Fisher. This year we upgrade the offense even further. 2014 we address the defense with J clowney and D Revis.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    What Does T Pryor and M Flynn have to do with the number 1 pick. Both can play very well and it doesn't matter as the defense might not be able to stop anyone.

    With the third pick of the 2013 NFl draft Raiders select OT Eric Fisher. This year we upgrade the offense even further. 2014 we address the defense with J clowney and D Revis.
    You will upgrade to be the worst team in the league.

    Just like every other year, only you predicted they would be a top 10 team.

    Baby steps with you.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    What Does T Pryor and M Flynn have to do with the number 1 pick. Both can play very well and it doesn't matter as the defense might not be able to stop anyone.

    With the third pick of the 2013 NFl draft Raiders select OT Eric Fisher. This year we upgrade the offense even further. 2014 we address the defense with J clowney and D Revis.
    You'll select sharif Floyd and your D will be slightly better. Good for 4-12 and the #4 pick next year. One pick after Johnny football and 3 picks after clowney

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Last year the Bucs had only 2 home games that were NOT BLACKED OUT. That is a big issue for management.
    Those black outs are only partly due to the Bucs playing poorly. If you have been to Tampa in the last few years, you will know that poverty permeates the city. The middle class is shrinking - from what I have seen I am guessing that the average Tampa resident cannot afford to see the Bucs play. I have not been to Jacksonville in a decade but I am guessing that the middle class are struggling there too - the job market in much of Florida is abysmal.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Supposedly the bucs have offered the 2014 1st rd pick and nothing more.
    but that offer is based on them coming to a long term deal and not a rental for the year. People speculated and i was one of them that no team would give up a first without him being able to work out, I was wrong but I still stand by my statement that it is stupid for any team to do so. But then again that is why the bucs make the playoffs once every 10 years.

    Peter king only speculated that they would throw in something more and they may well. But all this speculation still revolves around Revis's contract demands. The bucs may well be willing to offer the 2014 pick if they can sign revis long term to a 5 year 60 mill contract making him the highest paid corner in the league. But want if revis wants more? Is the price then too high in both picks and dollars. If the Bucs drop out there has not been another team even rumored to be after him, that has not publicly denied it.

    To go along with that speculation, media reports are saying that the jets are holding out for this year's #1. Now fans are saying that they even expect more than this years #13 when the jets are not even rumored to be asking for more and you call this media spin?

    As far as waiting it out to camp, why do you feel there will be more teams willing to make the deal for Revis as a long term solution? There will certainly be more teams looking at him as a short term rental.
    Can you please decide if you want specualtion and rumors to be of importance or not? You point out that King is speculating but in your 1st line you use suppisdely with absolutely ZERO source for that comment. Later on you bring out 'media reports'. If you are going to try and slant an argument against the Jets position at least be consistent because your not named supposiudly is even weaker than kings speculation.

    No one holds all the cards in this situation, each side has options. Now that the Jets have passed the 1 million dollar bit to revis they are in no hurry to make a move at all. Two out of three outcomes have the potential to be not bad for the Jets and the one bad does not require the jets to panic.

    1) They trade him for what the new GM thinks is good enough value.
    2) With the Cb market looking softer than some thought and the Matio Williams lesson they may be able to resign him long term for a more resonable rate.
    3) They get a full year out of a pro bowl cb and lose him for a possible comp pick.

    As a new gm the last thing you want to do is fold like a dollar bill on something like this.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Can you please decide if you want specualtion and rumors to be of importance or not? You point out that King is speculating but in your 1st line you use suppisdely with absolutely ZERO source for that comment. Later on you bring out 'media reports'. If you are going to try and slant an argument against the Jets position at least be consistent because your not named supposiudly is even weaker than kings speculation.

    No one holds all the cards in this situation, each side has options. Now that the Jets have passed the 1 million dollar bit to revis they are in no hurry to make a move at all. Two out of three outcomes have the potential to be not bad for the Jets and the one bad does not require the jets to panic.

    1) They trade him for what the new GM thinks is good enough value.
    2) With the Cb market looking softer than some thought and the Matio Williams lesson they may be able to resign him long term for a more resonable rate.
    3) They get a full year out of a pro bowl cb and lose him for a possible comp pick.

    As a new gm the last thing you want to do is fold like a dollar bill on something like this.
    As usually is the case with Pats fans, whatever spin presents the argument strongest against the Jets. And patman is one of the better chowd posters here.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    What Does T Pryor and M Flynn have to do with the number 1 pick. Both can play very well and it doesn't matter as the defense might not be able to stop anyone.

    With the third pick of the 2013 NFl draft Raiders select OT Eric Fisher. This year we upgrade the offense even further. 2014 we address the defense with J clowney and D Revis.
    Lol at you for thinking that you're going to draft a tackle. Yeah..defensive tackle maybe. On top of all that you realistically aren't getting the first pick in the draft next year and EVEN IF YOU DO....wasting it on a pass rusher and not the top QB would again show everyone in the NFL the raiders are still the most retarded organization in football.

    But as I've said before, you predicted all this so I have a better chance of banging a super model or winning 100 million dollars than anything you just typed coming true.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Uhh yeah buddy. If Revis plays at the same level he was before the injury= wins for team. Which translates to more ticket sales. He is also a marque name in the NFL.
    Cornerbacks do not sell tickets, Revis does not even intercept many passes. Cornerback play is probably the most boring thing on a football field.
    How does Revis, a cornerback who nobody watches but for 10 plays out of 150 during the game sell tickets? Is he going to sell less tickets if he goes there as a FA vs if he is traded there?

    If adding a Wright, Carl Nicks, Mark Barron and Vincent Jackson not sell tickets and adding the best FS in FA this year did not cause a rush to buy tickets A Revis signing won't cause a blip neve mind a spike in sales.

    Revis is worth a first rd pick to Tampa, he is a great player and tampa has the cap room in the next two years to fit him in. The trade makes sense for both teams. My responses were as a rebuttal to "the jets hold all the cards" it is far from that.

    It seems like some fans believe Revis thinks he is better off signing with a team in a situation where there is a down market and only one team bidding and he is at his weakest bargaining position. That does not sound like Revis to me at all. nothing that he has done on or off the field makes me think he doubts his ability to play or his desire to still be paid according to what he believes his worth is. His asking price may be such that Tampa backs out and goes with Trufant/Rhodes to pair with Wright. Where are the jet's
    cards then? no other team has expressed an interest and Lombardi/Chudzinki in Cleveland is putting in a Zone.

  19. #39
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,262
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And if he lets it play out he will get more next year if getting him is un-emcumbered by having to give draft choice competition. Flacco got 5 mill more a year by not signing a year early. Kruger who until this year was a part time player got over 8 mill, Bushrod 9, Wallace and Harvin 11 mill, the top players still get paid in FA. It is the next group down that took a beating.
    Barwin got 7 mill and was injured and played lousy.

    ... the problem with this line of thinking is Revis is all about $$$ and $$$ now ...

    he is scheduled to make about $6 million or so more for 2013

    he WILL NOT play 2013 for that in hopes of making more $$$ in 2014.

    instead revis will look to work out the best possible deal to make as much new $$$ in 2013 as possible ... whether that's renewing with the NYJ, with the Bucs, or with a mystery team

    the jets & other front offices have other things involved in their efforts .... revis's camp has 1 thing ... max $$$ beginning in 2013





    ljr

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... the problem with this line of thinking is Revis is all about $$$ and $$$ now ...

    he is scheduled to make about $6 million or so more for 2013

    he WILL NOT play 2013 for that in hopes of making more $$$ in 2014.

    instead revis will look to work out the best possible deal to make as much new $$$ in 2013 as possible ... whether that's renewing with the NYJ, with the Bucs, or with a mystery team

    the jets & other front offices have other things involved in their efforts .... revis's camp has 1 thing ... max $$$ beginning in 2013





    ljr
    I don't think so...Revis wants the Holy Grail and thats unrestrictive free agency...Jets don't have an insider price... best thing possible is give him his money...their cap is fine next year...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us