Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis 'not optimistic' about Tampa Bay trade

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I can't believe how wrong I was when I said that no team would trade a 1st rd pick for Revis before he completed his rehab. But then again Tampa is one of the NFL model franchises.
    Once that Harvin trade went down it became a certainty that Revis would command a first round pick.

Assinne comments? please find one. I am pragmatic. I loved the Barnes and Garrard signing, liked the Goodson and the Colon ones less.
    I'm not sure you understand what pragmatic means.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I wonder how much money Revis has in his account(s)? Is the almighty dollar really the end all/be all to him? There has to be more to his motivation to behave the way he does.

If the Bucs are offering a 1st, 3rd, 6th, and are willing to pay him 16 million/year (or something high), then the Bucs are the ones who are going to take a huge risk. I can understand their reservation to give in to whatever crazy demands the Jets are asking.
    His net worth is 15 million here a video of his boy Geiger talking about his and Darrelle's sneaker collection.. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/wat...-his-favorite/

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    His net worth is 15 million here a video of his boy Geiger talking about his and Darrelle's sneaker collection.. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/wat...-his-favorite/
    How could his net worth be that low? Unless he's squandered millions like so many other clueless athletes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    How could his net worth be that low? Unless he's squandered millions like so many other clueless athletes.
    I agree, his house in Livingston alone is worth probably a couple million.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree, his house in Livingston alone is worth probably a couple million.
    I think he's involved in music production so maybe alot of his $$ has gone into that i.e. studio, equipment etc....Not 100% sure but remember he tweeted about it alot a couple of yrs ago...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think he's involved in music production so maybe alot of his $$ has gone into that i.e. studio, equipment etc....Not 100% sure but remember he tweeted about it alot a couple of yrs ago...
    Thats an expensive hobby.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Are you in his tax bracket?? http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...vis-net-worth/

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what pragmatic means.
    Yes I do.

The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best." From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person is sensible, grounded, and practical and doesn't expect a birthday celebration filled with magical creatures.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yes I do.

The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best." From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person is sensible, grounded, and practical and doesn't expect a birthday celebration filled with magical creatures.
    Don't go ruining some posters dreams here when the unicorns don't show up at their party..

Maybe he doesn't want the taxman to know?

Yes I do.

Well at least we all learned that patman knows how to use google. congrats

I seen a TV show about a guy that has a million dollars worth of sneakers. All these limited edition models and one with artwork on them. People collect sneakers like they are some sort of Industrial/Fashion art.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe he's utilizing Unca Sean as his financial advisor

The other thing here that the media isn't recognizing ...

Maybe the Jets have a reasonable offer on the table - Maybe the new GM took a different position than the old. It's certainly possible there's an offer that they would actually expect Revis to take if he wasn't traded...

and the Jets have an idea in mind that states - he's worth trading ONLY if we get ________ - otherwise we intend on keeping.

Maybe they know Revis IS NOT willing to play out the season without a new contract (there is just soooo much risk in it for him)

Isn't it possible Idtzik is being honest when he's saying they're listening but intend on keeping him - and if something blows them away they take it, but a 1 and 2 next year or a 1 and 3 this year isn't enough!

That actually sounds like the most reasonable scenario to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    The other thing here that the media isn't recognizing ...

Maybe the Jets have a reasonable offer on the table - Maybe the new GM took a different position than the old. It's certainly possible there's an offer that they would actually expect Revis to take if he wasn't traded...

and the Jets have an idea in mind that states - he's worth trading ONLY if we get ________ - otherwise we intend on keeping.

Maybe they know Revis IS NOT willing to play out the season without a new contract (there is just soooo much risk in it for him)

Isn't it possible Idtzik is being honest when he's saying they're listening but intend on keeping him - and if something blows them away they take it, but a 1 and 2 next year or a 1 and 3 this year isn't enough!

That actually sounds like the most reasonable scenario to me.
    I tend to agree that right now Idzik is not 100% sure he is trading Revis. When I saw what he did with Cromartie's contract restructure it made me think he has at least planned for a possible Revis signing. I do think that Tampa will offer a package that Idzik finds acceptable in the end.

Ummm......actually. Yes.

but unlike Sar, I don't need to talk about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ummm......actually. Yes.

but unlike Sar, I don't need to talk about it.
    Too late you just did..

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I tend to agree that right now Idzik is not 100% sure he is trading Revis. When I saw what he did with Cromartie's contract restructure it made me think he has at least planned for a possible Revis signing. I do think that Tampa will offer a package that Idzik finds acceptable in the end.
    completely agree. It's just the media is portraying this as if the Jets have no leverage - my contention is they do and it's a lot of leverage. Because if they don't trade for him now - he likely doesn't become a free agent next year.

I don't see a scenario where Revis plays out his current contract this year.

And yes, ultimately I think the Jets will get what they want from the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Well at least we all learned that patman knows how to use google. congrats
    Yeah, you should have used it first