Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis 'not optimistic' about Tampa Bay trade

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    The other thing here that the media isn't recognizing ...

Maybe the Jets have a reasonable offer on the table - Maybe the new GM took a different position than the old. It's certainly possible there's an offer that they would actually expect Revis to take if he wasn't traded...

and the Jets have an idea in mind that states - he's worth trading ONLY if we get ________ - otherwise we intend on keeping.

Maybe they know Revis IS NOT willing to play out the season without a new contract (there is just soooo much risk in it for him)

Isn't it possible Idtzik is being honest when he's saying they're listening but intend on keeping him - and if something blows them away they take it, but a 1 and 2 next year or a 1 and 3 this year isn't enough!

That actually sounds like the most reasonable scenario to me.
    Except there are huge logical flaws in the above. Playing Revis for one more year is just not a realistic option. It will cost $9 million against the 2014 cap and we MIGHT get a compensatory 3rd in 2015 fir him.

If we are not going to re-sign him long term, we can only be so firm in our negotiations. At some point Idzik HAS to take the best offer from TB and trade him. There is no other option. Playing him for one more year, is completely out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Except there are huge logical flaws in the above. Playing Revis for one more year is just not a realistic option. It will cost $9 million against the 2014 cap and we MIGHT get a compensatory 3rd in 2015 fir him.

If we are not going to re-sign him long term, we can only be so firm in our negotiations. At some point Idzik HAS to take the best offer from TB and trade him. There is no other option. Playing him for one more year, is completely out of the question.
    True, but Tampa wants to win this year and needs Revis and can't play games. As we get closer to the draft Tampa also needs to know who they are going to target in the draft (they would need a CB if they don't get Revis). So while Tampa could play chicken with us our WORST case scenario is that we end up with a slightly smaller package of picks from another team while TB's worst case scenario is a failed run at a super bowl. Edge Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    True, but Tampa wants to win this year and needs Revis and can't play games. As we get closer to the draft Tampa also needs to know who they are going to target in the draft (they would need a CB if they don't get Revis). So while Tampa could play chicken with us our WORST case scenario is that we end up with a slightly smaller package of picks from another team while TB's worst case scenario is a failed run at a super bowl. Edge Jets.
    You think Tampa makes a run this year? I think they are the 3rd best behind NO and Atl. Right now Tampa and the jets are both 66 to 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You think Tampa makes a run this year? I think they are the 3rd best behind NO and Atl. Right now Tampa and the jets are both 66 to 1.
    Well if Tampa gets Revis the odds on them probably come down somewhere into the 12-1 to 14-1 range.

Yes, he is THAT good

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    TB thinks they are close, that's all that matters. Plenty of experts have said that the Bucs are really good and that their one weakness is pass defense. That is where Revis comes into play.

If i were them, i would never give up a 1st PLUS for Revis and then have to sign revis to a 15 mill per year deal. As Jets fan, i wouldn't want the jets to sign Revis to that deal (and we wouldn't have to give up a 1st to do it). If the Bucs think they can get Revis to sign for 10-11 million then its not a bad deal for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Well if Tampa gets Revis the odds on them probably come down somewhere into the 12-1 to 14-1 range.

Yes, he is THAT good
    I am a big Revis fan, but I have to ask, if he is that good to bring T.B.`s, SB odds from 66-1 to 12-1 , then why are the JETS at 66-1 now with him?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I am a big Revis fan, but I have to ask, if he is that good to bring T.B.`s, SB odds from 66-1 to 12-1 , then why are the JETS at 66-1 now with him?
    Two words: "Dirty Sanchez"

Or Tampa Bay can trade up to say the browns for Milliner. Save themselves a boat load of money they would have gave up for Revis. Their aren't that many teams with the cap space or willing to pay anywhere near the amount Revis wants to be paid. Than in 2014 when Revis is UFA, they can sign him.
    Revis and Milliner are way better combo than just Revis.( now you addressed your pass defense)

So Jets can either trade him for a one year rental( compensation won't be that great back) or watch him leave in FA in 2014 with the Jets possible getting nothing in return.

So Jets have even more to lose than Tampa Bay . How can you get slightly smaller package from another team when Tampa Bay is the only suitor for him.( the others are probably waiting till he hits Fa as unrestricted Fa)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-12-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    I currently see them at 55-1. They wouldn't drop to 12-1. Unless a team trades for Brady/Rodgers/Peyton/Brees they would never go from 60-1 to 12-1. The Texans are at 14-1 and the Falcons are at 17-1. No chance they leapfrog those teams. But i do think they could drop to 25 or 30-1. They have a better team, minus revis, than we do so it makes sense that they would be a bigger favorite than us WITH Revis. Its also possible that the Bucs line has already been adjusted slightly lower on the assumption that they are landing Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Or Tampa Bay can trade up to say the browns for Milliner. Save themselves a boat load of money they would have gave up for Revis. Their aren't that many teams with the cap space or willing to pay anywhere near the amount Revis wants to be paid.

So Jets can either trade him for a one year rental( compensation won't be that great back) or watch him leave in FA in 2014 with the Jets possible getting nothing in return.

So Jets have even more to lose than Tampa Bay . How can you get slightly smaller package from another team when Tampa Bay is the only suitor for him.( the others are probably waiting till he hits Fa as unrestricted Fa)
    First off, lol at a raiders fan trying to explain trade value. Didn't you like the Carson Palmer trade? Watching the Raiders make trades the last two decades would warp any fans sense of reality.

Second, how do you know how many teams want Revis. Perhaps other teams wanted Revis but they weren't willing to give up a 1st rounder this year. If TB backed out and the Jets lowered the demand to a 2nd rounder other teams could enter the picture.

If your theory is correct why would the Bucs ever give up a 1st rounder for revis? no one else wants him according to you, so why not offer up a 4th rounder? Maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you are talking about.

First off, lol at a raiders fan trying to explain trade value. Didn't you like the Carson Palmer trade? Watching the Raiders make trades the last two decades would warp any fans sense of reality.

Second, how do you know how many teams want Revis. Perhaps other teams wanted Revis but they weren't willing to give up a 1st rounder this year. If TB backed out and the Jets lowered the demand to a 2nd rounder other teams could enter the picture.

If your theory is correct why would the Bucs ever give up a 1st rounder for revis? no one else wants him according to you, so why not offer up a 4th rounder? Maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Okay as a Jet fan you wouldn't want a first round pick from Tampabay but you would be okay with a second rounder for him from someone else. Okay Monte Hall.

The Jets aren't getting a second round pick if Revis isn't willing to sign an extension with that team( why Tampabay floating out there what they would be willing to offer Revis 15 million per year was brilliant ). That team isn't willing to go that high in paying Revis there is no incentive for him to do anything but wait till he unrestricted Fa in 2014.

Now RevisJudas all we have heard is rumors and your making the mistake believing they are fact. If the Jets were offered a first, 3rd and a fifth for Revis and they didn't trade him already ,Woody Johnson should have fired the new GM on the spot.
    Let's wait and see what the Jets get for a D Revis trade and see who was more off.

BTW. I heard a rumor a team was willing to give up a first for TebOw- you guessed it it was the Raiders for their third pick in the draft.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-09-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Everyone does realize that I was joking about the 66-1 to 12-1 move right?

Just checking.

@DPENN70: I just heard some good news Bucs fans y'all will find out soon and it has nothing 2do with Revis but will help our team out a lot #trustme

@NFLSTROUD: @DPENN70 says good news coming for Bucs fans that will make the team better not involving Revis. It's not R. Barber, who is still undecided
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-09-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @DPENN70: I just heard some good news Bucs fans y'all will find out soon and it has nothing 2do with Revis but will help our team out a lot #trustme
    If the news is that Tampa has picked up a different CB and is now out of the running, this board will explode.

IBTFire Idzik (for blowing deal that was on the table) threads.

@NFLSTROUD: Bucs CB Eric Wright has restructured his contract to remain with the team.

@AdamSchefter: Buccaneers announced they re-signed QB Dan Orlovsky and restructured contract of CB Eric Wright. Both one-year deals.

@NFLSTROUD: By retaining Wright, the Bucs have one starting CB and can either attempt to trade for Darrelle Revis, sign a FA and/or draft a CB
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

I think you missed the entire point of the post - what I was saying was that the Jets might actually intend on signing him long term. That the new GM's thoughts on Revis might be very different from Tanny's. We know very little about Idzik's thinking - he clearly isn't saying much.

Understanding Revis will not play this year without a contract, the Jets may very well believe they can sign him long term - Unless they get an offer that really blows them away. The forgone conclusion that they're trading him has only come from the media. The Jets have said the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    If the news is that Tampa has picked up a different CB and is now out of the running, this board will explode.

IBTFire Idzik (for blowing deal that was on the table) threads.
    So the Bucs resigned one the CB's from their team last year - that was the worst pass defense in the league and the reason their going after Revis..

And this is supposed to scare the Jets? or somehow make Idzik an idiot?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    So the Bucs resigned one the CB's from their team last year - that was the worst pass defense in the league and the reason their going after Revis..

And this is supposed to scare the Jets? or somehow make Idzik an idiot?
    If anything this clears the way for the trade. Although there was no way that Wright was going to play this year at 7.75 million dollars, that was still a huge pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If anything this clears the way for the trade. Although there was no way that Wright was going to play this year at 7.75 million dollars, that was still a huge pay cut.
    I didn't realize Wright was that large a cap hit for them. Yes, that does continue to open up space -

I wonder what Idtiz wants?

1 and 2?

1 and 1 (next year)