Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Revis 'not optimistic' about Tampa Bay trade

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Who was the source from the earlier report?
    I can't recall. It's in one of these threads.

Jets playing this one perfectly for once

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports the Jets are pressing the "pause button" on Darrelle Revis trade talks with the Bucs.

In other words, Jets GM John Idzik is trying to further leverage Revis' only known pursuer. SI's Peter King reported Monday the Bucs are willing to surrender first-, third- and fifth-round picks for the league's top cornerback, but are "growing impatient" with the Jets' stall tactics. The Bucs have no leverage aside from abandoning their pursuit, so Idzik could continue to let them twist in the wind for the foreseeable future. It remains in both sides' best interest to hammer out a deal before the draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    For someone who spends 95% of his posts whining about the ''trolls'' you are a bigger troll than most any Pats fan here. What does the Pats or Rams history have anything to do with the possible Revis trade? Why must you drag every thread off topic in a pathetic attempt to denigrate the Pats? That's the very definition of trolling. Why not try to talk football for once?

Back on topic, if Idzik pulls off the 13th, a 3rd and a 6th for Revis, he should go down as one of the best hires since Parcells. I honestly didn't think there was a chance in hell the Jets would find a trading partner willing to give anything near that plus satisfying Revis for an extension, especially coming off the acl and the no franchise tag clause.
    Now they are talking about a 1st, 3rd and 5th....pft has an article about it today, shortly after sal pal reported that izdik is pushing the pause button on the deal. I think izdik is playing this perfect and I can see the jets possible getting 1,3 this year and a 2nd next year. IF that happens I would be ok with it, still not sold on trading revis completely.

Veteran
    SI's Peter King "hears" the Bucs are willing to surrender first-, third- and fifth-round picks for Darrelle Revis, but is unsure which picks would be for this year or 2014.
    Previous reports had said the Bucs would give up first-, third- and sixth-round picks. It's safe to assume the first-rounder would be this year's No. 13 selection. According to King, Tampa Bay is "growing impatient," but that's been the case for weeks. King reports West Virginia WR Tavon Austin could be a possibility for the Bucs if they stay put at No. 13.

sorry it was peter king with the updated picks. and below is the sal pal story.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports the Jets are pressing the "pause button" on Darrelle Revis trade talks with the Bucs.
    In other words, Jets GM John Idzik is trying to further leverage Revis' only known pursuer. SI's Peter King reported Monday the Bucs are willing to surrender first-, third- and fifth-round picks for the league's top cornerback, but are "growing impatient" with the Jets' stall tactics. The Bucs have no leverage aside from abandoning their pursuit, so Idzik could continue to let them twist in the wind for the foreseeable future. It remains in both sides' best interest to hammer out a deal before the draft.

All League
    As Idzik plays this game of poker, the anty keeps going up.

The good free agent CB's were all signed signed while the Bucs stood on the sideline. Now it's slim pickings and they are in desperate need of an upgrade to their secondary. It's either trade for Revis, or their secondary will suck again this season. The Jets have them over a barrel.

LOL - leak that Jets are hitting pause followed by positive health news for Revis knee...consider the ante just upped Tampa!

ESPN New York reports Darrelle Revis' (knee surgery) Monday MRI showed he's "ahead of schedule," and that he's been cleared to run "without restriction."
    Revis will now head to Jets' team facilities to meet with GM John Idzik for the first time since Idzik's hiring. According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, Idzik will review Revis' MRI, and then decide the "right thing to do." The implication is that Idzik has yet to decide whether or not he'll trade his star cornerback, but it strains belief. Revis' destiny remains a ticket out of New York, likely to the Bucs, and likely before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Now they are talking about a 1st, 3rd and 5th....pft has an article about it today, shortly after sal pal reported that izdik is pushing the pause button on the deal. I think izdik is playing this perfect and I can see the jets possible getting 1,3 this year and a 2nd next year. IF that happens I would be ok with it, still not sold on trading revis completely.
    you take that, sign the trade papers and run before TB changes their mind..

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    yep

Exactly, would be pissed if Tampa walks. Hopefully they are hammering out final details now that the MRI results were positive.

All Pro
    "Ahead of schedule." So much for damage goods theory
    Last edited by Scoop24; 04-15-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    "Ahead if schedule." So much for damage goods theory
    could also entice another team or two to get into the bidding, tampa def. does not want the rest of the nfl to know that revis is ahead of sched.

Veteran
    I agree just for the fact that revis probably signs for 15 mill a year. If here were to sign for 10-12, I may still rather keep him.

I agree just for the fact that revis probably signs for 15 mill a year. If here were to sign for 10-12, I may still rather keep him.
    Not to start a fire storm but history has demonstrated he'd be back in 2 yrs wanting another deal..

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    could also entice another team or two to get into the bidding, tampa def. does not want the rest of the nfl to know that revis is ahead of sched.
    I still wonder if Atlanta has an interest...

They are SB ready, lost Grimes...

Veteran
    Not to start a fire storm but history has demonstrated he'd be back in 2 yrs wanting another deal..
    Yea but this next contract will be the 5-6 yr big contract he has been looking for....Its diff than before jmho

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I still wonder if Atlanta has an interest...

They are SB ready, lost Grimes...
    Interest perhaps... No cap space to do it though ... Trying to iron out long term extension with matty ice is the only priority down here at this time
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-15-2013 at 08:59 PM.

I just hope Idzik doesn't push it too far.

Jets price for Revis may be too high for Bucs

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Jets price for Revis may be too high for Bucs http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/jets-price-for-revis-may-be-too-high-for-bucs/2115687 … via @TB_Times

The Bucs may pass on a chance to trade for Darrelle Revis if the Jets continue to insist on three draft picks for the Pro Bowl cornerback.

The Jets reportedly have asked for the Bucs' 13th overall pick in the NFL draft April 25, as well as selections in the third and fifth rounds. It's not clear whether one, both or neither of those later picks could come in 2014.

Tampa Bay appears ready to trade its first-round pick in 2013 and 'something else,' but the Bucs believe they are the only team with the salary cap room and the need at cornerback currently engaged in talks for Revis. The Bucs are $32.8-million under the salary cap, second only to Cleveland ($33.6-million), but the Browns have not been linked to Revis.

Tampa Bay was last in the league in pass defense and has a dire need at cornerback. They did not address the position through free agency, opting only to sign Eric Wright to a restructured 1-year contract. Veteran Ronde Barber has not decided whether to return for a 17th season.

But the Bucs front office and coach Greg Schiano are in agreement that the Jets' price is currently too high for Revis, especially due to the lack of suitors and the fact he is coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL. While Revis was cleared to begin running without restriction following an examination of his knee in New York Monday, it is not a trade that can be made on the clock. The Bucs would want several days to have Revis' injury evaluated. In addition to the draft picks, the Bucs must be prepared to pay Revis about $15-million per year.

Eight days before the NFL dtaft, the Bucs and Jets are in a virtual stare down when it comes to Revis.

Schiano has said he is not afraid to start a rookie cornerback and they could be in position to draft one in the first round. Last year, safety Mark Barron, linebacker Lavonte David and running back Doug Martin combined to start 48 games as rookies.

“Yeah, it’s very difficult to pull the trigger on a deal like that and reach a compensation level that makes everyone happy and I don’t know what the players’ prognosis is,'' said former Colts and Bills general manager Bill Polian. "Everybody is always ahead of schedule and you don’t know until you see him on the field and even then it’s difficult to tell in the preseason because it’s not the same speed as the regular season. It’s hard to reach a level of compensation the trading team may want based on the situation. The injury is a complicating factor, there are no two ways about that. I understand the reluctance.’’

[Last modified: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:21pm]

Veteran
    Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Jets price for Revis may be too high for Bucs http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/jets-price-for-revis-may-be-too-high-for-bucs/2115687 Ö via @TB_Times

The Bucs may pass on a chance to trade for Darrelle Revis if the Jets continue to insist on three draft picks for the Pro Bowl cornerback.

The Jets reportedly have asked for the Bucs' 13th overall pick in the NFL draft April 25, as well as selections in the third and fifth rounds. It's not clear whether one, both or neither of those later picks could come in 2014.

Tampa Bay appears ready to trade its first-round pick in 2013 and 'something else,' but the Bucs believe they are the only team with the salary cap room and the need at cornerback currently engaged in talks for Revis. The Bucs are $32.8-million under the salary cap, second only to Cleveland ($33.6-million), but the Browns have not been linked to Revis.

Tampa Bay was last in the league in pass defense and has a dire need at cornerback. They did not address the position through free agency, opting only to sign Eric Wright to a restructured 1-year contract. Veteran Ronde Barber has not decided whether to return for a 17th season.

But the Bucs front office and coach Greg Schiano are in agreement that the Jets' price is currently too high for Revis, especially due to the lack of suitors and the fact he is coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL. While Revis was cleared to begin running without restriction following an examination of his knee in New York Monday, it is not a trade that can be made on the clock. The Bucs would want several days to have Revis' injury evaluated. In addition to the draft picks, the Bucs must be prepared to pay Revis about $15-million per year.

Eight days before the NFL dtaft, the Bucs and Jets are in a virtual stare down when it comes to Revis.

Schiano has said he is not afraid to start a rookie cornerback and they could be in position to draft one in the first round. Last year, safety Mark Barron, linebacker Lavonte David and running back Doug Martin combined to start 48 games as rookies.

ďYeah, itís very difficult to pull the trigger on a deal like that and reach a compensation level that makes everyone happy and I donít know what the playersí prognosis is,'' said former Colts and Bills general manager Bill Polian. "Everybody is always ahead of schedule and you donít know until you see him on the field and even then itís difficult to tell in the preseason because itís not the same speed as the regular season. Itís hard to reach a level of compensation the trading team may want based on the situation. The injury is a complicating factor, there are no two ways about that. I understand the reluctance.íí

[Last modified: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:21pm]
    Back in forth using the media to try to gain leverage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I would be mad if we dont get atleast 1,3 and 6.

Hall Of Fame
    Back in forth using the media to try to gain leverage. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I would be mad if we dont get atleast 1,3 and 6.
    True, first we hear that the Jets push the pause button on trade talks with Tampa, and now Tampa says the price is too high. The clock is ticking regardless.