Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Revis 'not optimistic' about Tampa Bay trade

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    "Ahead of schedule." So much for damage goods theory
    And what would you expect them to say if he was behind schedule, and whose schedule? Really what does that tell you when they are talking about a player involved in trade talks.

6 weeks ago, revis said that he expected to get the go ahead to run by the time the draft rolled around. One week before the draft he is starting to run. Welker and AP were playing football 8 months after their ACL injuries. Revis is just getting the go ahead to run in a straight line 7 months later. Not cutting, not even running all out, just running without a weight reduction harness.

@RichCimini: My thoughts on Revis after listening to Idzik today? Have fun in Tampa. #Jets http://t.co/5z0syIAhHt

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And what would you expect them to say if he was behind schedule, and whose schedule? Really what does that tell you when they are talking about a player involved in trade talks.

6 weeks ago, revis said that he expected to get the go ahead to run by the time the draft rolled around. One week before the draft he is starting to run. Welker and AP were playing football 8 months after their ACL injuries. Revis is just getting the go ahead to run in a straight line 7 months later. Not cutting, not even running all out, just running without a weight reduction harness.
    The report I read said Revis was cleared to run without any restrictions.

That being said I'd like to know where you are getting all the details about what Revis is and isn't doing....have you been to his workouts recently?
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 04-18-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The first person that ALL of Revis, Feinsod and Schwartz, Sean Gilbert, Drs Warren and Montgomery, John Idzik and any other Jet staff go to reveal information is a smarmy chowd troll known as "patman"...aka the source for all Jet inside info.

Sean needs to add this sniveling dork to the staff ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

That being said I'd like to know where you are getting all the details about what Revis is and isn't doing....have you been to his workouts recently?

The Jets team doctor said he was clear to run without any restrictions. Now there is a reason why Revis went to his own doctor for the surgery than use the Jets team doctor. ( jet team doctor works for the organization- has their best interest at heart)

Lets use this as example. Jarvis Jones. Two different university doctors had two way different opinions on him. One said he shouldn't play again and the other had no problem with him playing. So just because the Jets team doctors says he way ahead of schedule, that doesn't mean the Tampa Bay doctor going to see it that way. (again he works for Tampa bay and they have to pay less if there are questions)

IF Tampa Bay is smart they should just wait the Jets out. ) not a big market for him) The closer we get to training camp the Jets fearing they will lose him for nothing will be doing back flips for a second rounder. Jets are a able to get multiple picks for Revis and Idzik pulled a fast one on the Buccaneers .
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-18-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The Jets team doctor said he was clear to run without any restrictions. Now there is a reason why Revis went to his own doctor for the surgery than use the Jets team doctor. ( jet team doctor works for the organization- has their best interest at heart)

Lets use this as example. Jarvis Jones. Two different university doctors had two way different opinions on him. One said he shouldn't play again and the other had no problem with him playing. So just because the Jets team doctors says he way ahead of schedule, that doesn't mean the Tampa Bay doctor going to see it that way. (again he works for Tampa bay and they have to pay less if there are questions)

IF Tampa Bay is smart they should just wait the Jets out. ) not a big market for him) The closer we get to training camp the Jets fearing they will lose him for nothing will be doing back flips for a second rounder. Jets are a able to get multiple picks for Revis and Idzik pulled a fast one on the Buccaneers .
    That works both ways. The Jets can hold off wait for their price and if they don't get it, re-sign their HOF cb and let him play out his career here. At least that's what they are telling the bucks. What options do the bucks with their 32nd pass defense have? Hold off and try to land a similar talented CB with pick#13?

That's like saying someone should draft the next Brady or Manning this year...

I know rival fans like to believe the Jets are in a position of weakness in this negotiation, but it's just not the case.

Idzik's played this perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post

yes he is being cleared to run without any restrictions, No brace, No length of time. But even then he is probably restricted to a track or a field turf surface so even that is misleading. For instance you won't see him running in sand or uphills. In all ACL recoveries that I heard of the player does not do any cuts for at least a month which is when the lateral stresses put strain on the ligaments.

"Early sports activities can be started and patients can often begin light jogging, cycling outdoors, and pool workouts. Side-to-side, pivoting sports -- such as basketball, soccer and football -- must be avoided. "

Then throw in the NFL.com footage of his workout exercises last week, His statement that he has been running on a treadmill with a lightening harness and now the statement that he can run without restrictions which i take as no harness and no brace and for any length of time.
    Last edited by patman; 04-18-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    That works both ways. The Jets can hold off wait for their price and if they don't get it, re-sign their HOF cb and let him play out his career here. At least that's what they are telling the bucks. What options do the bucks with their 32nd pass defense have? Hold off and try to land a similar talented CB with pick#13?

That's like saying someone should draft the next Brady or Manning this year...

I know rival fans like to believe the Jets are in a position of weakness in this negotiation, but it's just not the case.

Idzik's played this perfectly.
    The jets are in a position of weakness.
    1. They are trying to trade a player who can not be tagged
    2. He wants big money
    3. There appears to be no other suitors.
    3. The jets have not had any talks with him regarding extending him-per Revis

A position of strength is when there are multiple suitors for a player and the the player is locked up long term. Granted the jets can keep him on the team this year and then the bucs will have to deal with an open market. But they will also have the benefit of thier draft choices.

To improve that secondary they have already signed an all pro safety to go with last years rookie Barron, and wright will not be suspended (hopefully at least)
    Last edited by patman; 04-18-2013 at 07:54 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets are in a position of weakness.
    1. They are trying to trade a player who can not be tagged
    2. He wants big money
    3. There appears to be no other suitors.
    3. The jets have not had any talks with him regarding extending him-per Revis

A position of strength is when there are multiple suitors for a player and the the player is locked up long term. Granted the jets can keep him on the team this year and then the bucs will have to deal with an open market. But they will also have the benefit of thier draft choices.

To improve that secondary they have already signed an all pro safety to go with last years rookie Barron, and wright will not be suspended (hopefully at least)
    Well duh. That's why we can't get 3 1sts for him, but it's not as bad as they(and you repeatedly repeatedly) say. Tampa has the worst CBs in the league, and a GM who is going to lose his job if they don't win this year. Wright getting suspended or not, still sucks, and all the good FAs are gone. They put all their eggs in the Revis basket. If they don't get him they are screwed.

Jets Insider VIP
    patman is an expert on crappy secondaries

His Shats have, arguably, the worst one in NFL history

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post

Again, if the Jets get a deal as good as the Harvin deal will you go away for good?? Your analysis of this Revis situation is about as good as your thousands of failed predictions about your Raiders.

So if the Jets get better than one second round pick as you say, will you leave here for good?? Or are you going to continue to just come up with complete nonsense like you usually do?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Well duh. That's why we can't get 3 1sts for him, but it's not as bad as they(and you repeatedly repeatedly) say. Tampa has the worst CBs in the league, and a GM who is going to lose his job if they don't win this year. Wright getting suspended or not, still sucks, and all the good FAs are gone. They put all their eggs in the Revis basket. If they don't get him they are screwed.
    OK lets just say the jets are not negotiating from a position of strength. Look, I have no doubt that the Bucs want Revis and that the jets want to trade him.Can we agree on that? Can we agree that the jets will still want to trade him after next Thursday if the trade does not happen then? If Tampa picks Rhodes in the 1st and say another at the start of the 4th does that strengthen the jets position or weaken it.

My point is that the closer the teams get to Thursday without the trade being consummated, the less of the chance the jets are to receive the #13 in this years draft. The rumor is that the jets want the picks this year and the bucs want to give them next year. So it appears

And the jets could not get three #1s for Revis under any circumstances.

And Wright does not suck, he is an average nfl corner that got overpaid and got suspended.

Now I was totally wrong on my opinion that no team would trade a 1 for Revis without him being able to work out in pads. It was not the first time I was wrong and it will not be the last. But I still think it is stupid no matter if I was proven wrong and there is a team that is willing to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Again, if the Jets get a deal as good as the Harvin deal will you go away for good?? Your analysis of this Revis situation is about as good as your thousands of failed predictions about your Raiders.

So if the Jets get better than one second round pick as you say, will you leave here for good?? Or are you going to continue to just come up with complete nonsense like you usually do?

But the jets are asking for a lot more. The vikings got the 25th pick in the first, the bucs have the the 13th. The delta there is a high 2nd rd pick at least. According to fans here, the jets also want this years third, which is 12 spots better in the third and a year earlier. So I see in draft value the jets asking for a high 2nd and a 4th rd more than what the viking received.

Then if you take into consideration that the Seahawks thought process was one that believed that harvin would make the diff in going to the SB while no one is predicting the bucs to make the playoffs with or without revis. The believe was that Seattle was willing to "overpay"