Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Haters

Veteran

Yankee Haters

Your dreams are coming true so far...we look dreadful...lousy, injuries hurt, but I think we'd still kinda blow. So haters take your bows and sleep well...

Am I overeacting? Maybe it's April, you know there's a lotta season left...

I will still watch, I'm not a bandwagoner...is there any hope in the farm system?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Yankees, and Devils owe me nothing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Agree about the Yanks, I'm still a fan and will always be, just aware that they will be mediocre....

Hall Of Fame
    Yankees will get the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong for giving it to them. They are old, the season is young, the weather is cold.

Let's see where they are at on June 1st before we start panicking. I have a feeling the haters will be proven wrong yet again.

And I agree with Apache. The Yanks owe me nothing. They have given me 5 championships and tons of great memories. I go to about 10 games a year and will always go even if they suck. It's the other teams that I am a fan of that rip my heart out each and every year.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yankees will get the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong for giving it to them. They are old, the season is young, the weather is cold.

Let's see where they are at on June 1st before we start panicking. I have a feeling the haters will be proven wrong yet again.

And I agree with Apache. The Yanks owe me nothing. They have given me 5 championships and tons of great memories. I go to about 10 games a year and will always go even if they suck. It's the other teams that I am a fan of that rip my heart out each and every year.
    Agree with your point about them being old and it being cold. Wait til they get their injured players back and June rolls around before you put a fork in them. It doesn't feel good right now, but it's a very long season...I've counted them out so many times before only to be disappointed.

Cashman is terrible. how that team has a 230 million dollar payroll is beyond me. The Arod contract is one of the worst ever.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Cashman is terrible. how that team has a 230 million dollar payroll is beyond me. The Arod contract is one of the worst ever.
    Not worse than the Bonilla Contract

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Contracts or championships, I only care about one.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    The Arod contract is definitely worse than the Bonilla contract. They were both insanely stupid and embarrassing, but Arod's is still playing out. They did win (buy) the World Series in '09 with Aroid leading the way, along with a quarter billion in guaranteed contracts to CC, Tex and AJ Burnett. That WS made me hate the Yankees more than any team ever...buying it and playing in that sh*t stadium that ripped off taxpayers.

We needed this IMO. We should have cleaned house when we changed managers but never did. Lets get all these old guys off the team and start to rebuild already. We havent raised a home grown talent worth a damn sense Buck left. It was the guys he brought that started one of the greatest runs ever. You cant build a real team in FA like we did in 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We needed this IMO. We should have cleaned house when we changed managers but never did. Lets get all these old guys off the team and start to rebuild already. We havent raised a home grown talent worth a damn sense Buck left. It was the guys he brought that started one of the greatest runs ever. You cant build a real team in FA like we did in 07.
    Cano?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    The Arod contract is definitely worse than the Bonilla contract. They were both insanely stupid and embarrassing, but Arod's is still playing out. They did win (buy) the World Series in '09 with Aroid leading the way, along with a quarter billion in guaranteed contracts to CC, Tex and AJ Burnett. That WS made me hate the Yankees more than any team ever...buying it and playing in that sh*t stadium that ripped off taxpayers.
    Aren't they still paying out Bonilla's contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Aren't they still paying out Bonilla's contract?
    Good point, though the impact is real for the Yankees at 5 yrs and 110mm, vs slight for the Mets.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I never really get involved in the Yankee vs. Mets hating but this comment is plain dumb and wrong.

Bonnilla's 1 mil a year is not holding the Mets back from doing anything payroll wise. Yes the contract was a bust and the Mets are still paying him out long after he's gone but it has no affect on what they do as an orginization.

Arod on the other hand is making close to 30 million each of the next 5 season. It the wrost contract in baseball when you look at it right now and absolutley kills the Yanks on how they build a team. He is holding them back in so many ways it's not even funny.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I never really get involved in the Yankee vs. Mets hating but this comment is plain dumb and wrong.

Bonnilla's 1 mil a year is not holding the Mets back from doing anything payroll wise. Yes the contract was a bust and the Mets are still paying him out long after he's gone but it has no affect on what they do as an orginization.

Arod on the other hand is making close to 30 million each of the next 5 season. It the wrost contract in baseball when you look at it right now and absolutley kills the Yanks on how they build a team. He is holding them back in so many ways it's not even funny.
    Arod has compiled first ballot hall fame stats. Bonilla has compiled met hall of fame stats. Do some research on Yankee attendance and the Arod signing. No coincidence in those figures. Not to mention the ring. The Yanks have made a boatload of cash because of Arod. Bonilla on the other hand......... Please

All League
    Post Arod Yanks achieved 4 consecutive seasons over the 4 million mark. No other American franchise has even sniffed that. Yanks have surpassed all NfL teams and are now the most valuable franchise on the face of the planet. It would be safe to assume they have already made a nice return on the Arod contract.

Post Arod Yanks achieved 4 consecutive seasons over the 4 million mark. No other American franchise has even sniffed that. Yanks have surpassed all NfL teams and are now the most valuable franchise on the face of the planet. It would be safe to assume they have already made a nice return on the Arod contract.
    and you dont think that the Arod contract held the team back from spending more money on good players?

lets talk about baseball...on the field the yankees are not a 230 millon dollar team and one of the reasons if because of the bad contracts that cashman gave out, which are now catching up with him. in fact, i would argue that the amount of bad decisions he has made over the years would have killed any other GM...i dont know how anyone could disagree with that one.

if you take into account that the core was built by Bob Watson...i think that Cashman has been an average GM at best with the amount of resources he had and the with type of aggressive owner that George was.

Do some research people..god the AROD contract was not a Cashman decision..yes Cashman has not been the best GM, but the AROD deal is a Hank Steinbrenner deal (its not a coincidence that you dont see or hear from Hank anymore) Hal is now the main "owner" in charge.

Nice to to see the sucky baseball forum in midseason form.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Do some research people..god the AROD contract was not a Cashman decision..yes Cashman has not been the best GM, but the AROD deal is a Hank Steinbrenner deal (its not a coincidence that you dont see or hear from Hank anymore) Hal is now the main "owner" in charge.

Nice to to see the sucky baseball forum in midseason form.
    You're right about Arods contract being the work of Hank Steinbrenner but wrong about the forum. Stay out if you don't like it....it's actually improved a great deal.