Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee Haters

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Do some research people..god the AROD contract was not a Cashman decision..yes Cashman has not been the best GM, but the AROD deal is a Hank Steinbrenner deal (its not a coincidence that you dont see or hear from Hank anymore) Hal is now the main "owner" in charge.

Nice to to see the sucky baseball forum in midseason form.
    Brain Cashman is the general manager of the New York Yankees...without definitively knowing who does what within the organization the responsibility of all roster related decisions falls on him (good and bad). thats how the real world works, and thats how he should be judged.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Not worse than the Bonilla Contract
    The Bonilla contract is basically an accounting deal. They deferred money and paid it in small amounts over a long period of time. The AROD contract is massive money over a relatively short period of time.

Hall Of Fame
    The Yanks are coming off 20 years of dominance. Everyone needs to pipe down. They have a plan. Their young pitchers have hit some snags. We still got some decent catchers in the pipeline. People forge that we produced Cano and Wang. Too bad he hurt himself running the bases. I still have hopes for Gardy and Nunez.

Everything will be fine. Worst case scenario they are an 85 win team. We are never going to lose 100 games like some of these other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The Yanks are coming off 20 years of dominance. Everyone needs to pipe down. They have a plan. Their young pitchers have hit some snags. We still got some decent catchers in the pipeline. People forge that we produced Cano and Wang. Too bad he hurt himself running the bases. I still have hopes for Gardy and Nunez.

Everything will be fine. Worst case scenario they are an 85 win team. We are never going to lose 100 games like some of these other teams.
    would you make the same statement with an 100 million dollar payroll? not exactly a stretch with a 230 million dollar payroll.

Their plan blows. If they hadn't won in 09 Cashman would be long gone. That year was an obnoxious free agent bonanza...be honest did 09 really pull on the heart strings, Yankee fans?

This thread is about Yankee hate having a good year. Let's hope their good start for us continues. They're the least likeable team in sports.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Your dreams are coming true so far...we look dreadful...lousy, injuries hurt, but I think we'd still kinda blow. So haters take your bows and sleep well...

Am I overeacting? Maybe it's April, you know there's a lotta season left...

I will still watch, I'm not a bandwagoner...is there any hope in the farm system?
    This maybe the most nauseating “hedge” post ever. 5 games into the season. Geez.

Man up, will'ya.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    would you make the same statement with an 100 million dollar payroll? not exactly a stretch with a 230 million dollar payroll.
    I don't get upset with the payroll argument. Their payroll should never be less than $150MM. Their payroll reflects the fact that they are one of the world's most famous franchises playing in the largest media market. It also reflects the expectations of their fans and the money they make from the YES Network. Yanks make a lot of money therefore they spend a lot of money. Hal is tired of lining the pockets of other owners who do not re-invest in their teams. The Yanks don't want to pay 50% luxury tax. They will do what they need to do to get under that number and once they do that their luxury tax rate will reset and they will start spending again.

Yanks will be fine. We do not need to replace Jeter with a HoFer. We do not need to replace Mariano with an all-time great. It will be OK to have 5yr players at those positions. We have Cano. We have some players in the pipeline. Yanks can always purchase some bats.

I don't get upset with the payroll argument. Their payroll should never be less than $150MM. Their payroll reflects the fact that they are one of the world's most famous franchises playing in the largest media market. It also reflects the expectations of their fans and the money they make from the YES Network. Yanks make a lot of money therefore they spend a lot of money. Hal is tired of lining the pockets of other owners who do not re-invest in their teams. The Yanks don't want to pay 50% luxury tax. They will do what they need to do to get under that number and once they do that their luxury tax rate will reset and they will start spending again.

Yanks will be fine. We do not need to replace Jeter with a HoFer. We do not need to replace Mariano with an all-time great. It will be OK to have 5yr players at those positions. We have Cano. We have some players in the pipeline. Yanks can always purchase some bats.
    i dont disagree with anything you said, i think the yankees do the right thing as far as having a high payroll with no salary cap...that being said when you have that much financial flexibility, you have to do a better job of putting a team on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Cano?
    He was an international signing out of the pro Dominican League so I dont count him. But yeah he was in our farm system a few years.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 04-07-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Their plan blows. If they hadn't won in 09 Cashman would be long gone. That year was an obnoxious free agent bonanza...be honest did 09 really pull on the heart strings, Yankee fans?

This thread is about Yankee hate having a good year. Let's hope their good start for us continues. They're the least likeable team in sports.
    The Yankees plan was practically the same as the Mets. The difference is that the Yanks' young pitchers (Betances, Banuelos and Pineda) have suffered setbacks. Harvey and Wheeler have managed to stay healthy and are on pace.

Yanks want to grow their pitching and buy the bats. The Mets want (need) to grow everything b.c their ownership has gone back into their pre-Minaya gun shy mode. That is the only difference in the plans.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He was an international signing out of the pro Dominican League so I dont count him. But yeah he was in our farm system a few years.
    Cano is home grown by my standards. Lets not forget that the Yanks are always drafting at the bottom every year and lose picks b.c of FA signings.

Also, they were a pick away from getting Trout a few years ago. They wanted him and were going to take him. The Tex signing is what cost them position. People would be saying the Yanks have the best system if they had gotten him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This maybe the most nauseating “hedge” post ever. 5 games into the season. Geez.

Man up, will'ya.
    I'm a fan no doubt, I can deal w down years...( I am a Jet fan after all )

Cashman is terrible. how that team has a 230 million dollar payroll is beyond me. The Arod contract is one of the worst ever.
    And Cashman had nothing to do with that Arod contract.... The $230 mil payroll accounts for Vernon Wells $24 mil salary when the Yankees are only paying like $6 mil of that this year.

Brain Cashman is the general manager of the New York Yankees...without definitively knowing who does what within the organization the responsibility of all roster related decisions falls on him (good and bad). thats how the real world works, and thats how he should be judged.
    This is hilarious....when reyes and ra were traded were mets fans upset with sandy or the wilpons? When the jets trade revis for john lynch bobblehead are you gonna be pissed at idzik or woody?

Cashman is an avg gm but the arod deal is not his doing...

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    This is hilarious....when reyes and ra were traded were mets fans upset with sandy or the wilpons? When the jets trade revis for john lynch bobblehead are you gonna be pissed at idzik or woody?

Cashman is an avg gm but the arod deal is not his doing...
    Mets fans were happy with the RA trade because most understood that it was a move that needed to be made, they were also pretty pleased that the Mets not only got an elite prospect at a position of need (catcher) they also landed a top of the rotation type prospect in the deal.

I dont know any Met fan who was upset with Reyes leaving, i do know plenty who were upset with the Mets not trading him and getting a Wheeler type prospect back for Reyes.

Again, the GM carries the responcibility for the roster...thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    And Cashman had nothing to do with that Arod contract.... The $230 mil payroll accounts for Vernon Wells $24 mil salary when the Yankees are only paying like $6 mil of that this year.
    ok, 212 million.

how do u know that? can you show me anything factual that says he didnt? he is the general manager...that IS a fact.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    The Arod contract is definitely worse than the Bonilla contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Aren't they still paying out Bonilla's contract?
    Lmao...

As soon as I saw that Tucker stepped on that irony land mine, with both feet, I started howling.

The Mets will pay him nearly 30 million bucks between 2011-2035.

There are grown men watching games at Citi-field that werent born when Bonilla last played for the Mets!

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lmao...

As soon as I saw that Tucker stepped on that irony land mine, with both feet, I started howling.

The Mets will pay him nearly 30 million bucks between 2011-2035.

There are grown men watching games at Citi-field that werent born when Bonilla last played for the Mets!

-
    Why ,laugh it off. Both teams were stupid which one is more so is dependent on which team you root for.

Terms of endearment

Breakdown of A-Rod's record $252 million contract

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...11/arod_terms/

Met fan here but not a Yankee hater. No doubt it is foolish to count the Yanks out or declare Met victories. Heres hoping both have a great season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post
    Why ,laugh it off. Both teams were stupid which one is more so is dependent on which team you root for.

Terms of endearment

Breakdown of A-Rod's record $252 million contract

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...11/arod_terms/

Met fan here but not a Yankee hater. No doubt it is foolish to count the Yanks out or declare Met victories. Heres hoping both have a great season.
    Not defending the Yanks in this at all, just thought the Bonilla angle was funny.

Heck, I'm still smarting from the Pavano contract!

All Pro
    I don't like Cashman, but come one.

If you advise your boss, "Do not buy this piece of equipment. It is shoddy and overpriced, and outdated.", and he buys it anyway, over your objections, how is that your fault?