Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

METS 2013

4-2 thus far has been a great start to the year. Starting pitching has been stellar, and John Buck the biggest surprise. Let's hope they can stay competitive against tougher competition...fun team to root for and I'm really looking forward to Zach Wheeler joining the rotation sooner rather than later!

Going to game tomorrow. Hopefully this year becomes our 1984 year, the start of something big. The Magic is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    4-2 thus far has been a great start to the year. Starting pitching has been stellar, and John Buck the biggest surprise. Let's hope they can stay competitive against tougher competition...fun team to root for and I'm really looking forward to Zach Wheeler joining the rotation sooner rather than later!
    Oops, still just 3-2...will have to wait til tomorrow. Islanders huge W 2nite btw

i am cautiously optimistic...i think Neese and Harvey are going to give us a good game every time out...

Jonathan Niese now has 22 straight starts where he's logged at least 6 innings. That's currently the longest such streak of its kind.....in other words, the Mets have themselves an ace.

WALKOFF!!!! 2 series wins to start the year....

Hall Of Fame
    Jonathan Niese now has 22 straight starts where he's logged at least 6 innings. That's currently the longest such streak of its kind.....in other words, the Mets have themselves an ace.
    Didn't Glavine have a similar stretch for the Mets once. I think it got up to 26.

All Pro
    WALKOFF!!!! 2 series wins to start the year....
    Exciting win, and yes, very good to win our first two series, but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Padres and Marlins might be two of the five worst teams in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Exciting win, and yes, very good to win our first two series, but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Padres and Marlins might be two of the five worst teams in baseball.
    Agreed but need to win these series...the realistic expectation is .500 this year

i am tempering my expectations. last year they really looked like they could have something for a while, before the whole thing went to ****. pretty sure they started the season like 15-10 or something like that including a sweep of the braves to start the year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i am tempering my expectations. last year they really looked like they could have something for a while, before the whole thing went to ****. pretty sure they started the season like 15-10 or something like that including a sweep of the braves to start the year.
    It was the past two years. Last year the talk was of exorcising the second half demons of the year prior....that didn't go over so well.

Being 4-2 is a helluva lot better than 2-4, but I'm not geting pulled in just yet.

Yesterday's game featured Aaron Laffey pitching to Anthony Recker with Colin Cowgill, Lucas Duda and Mike Baxter in the OF. I have nothing against any of those guy individually, and if you needed to have one of them plugged into your lineup, that's cool - ya can't have a superstar at every position. But to have those guys as 5 of your starting 9 is AAA-esque.

I'm not particularly upset about it - wasn't expecting much this year anyway, but I'm not getting my hopes up until they carry winning baseball into August.

Matt Harvey, best young pitcher in baseball.

Mets have some very good young pitchers. If Santana was healthy, add Wheeler, and this rotation is NASTY! Still has great future potential without Santana.

So far looks like the right call to sell high on Dickey. Then again he hasn't faced the Yankees yet, so he will likely bounce back.

They say Wheeler is better than Harvey. I've only seen Wheeler once in person, and he was NASTY, but Wheeler would have to be so incredibly good for that to be true. Harvey has the attitude and the stuff to back it up. Watching him to slap around the Phillies is so incredibly enjoyable. I don't even feel like he had great control last night. He got into a lot of three ball counts. Still gave up just one run.

The guy is a beast...

Jets Insider VIP
    5-2

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    They say Wheeler is better than Harvey. I've only seen Wheeler once in person, and he was NASTY, but Wheeler would have to be so incredibly good for that to be true. Harvey has the attitude and the stuff to back it up. Watching him to slap around the Phillies is so incredibly enjoyable. I don't even feel like he had great control last night. He got into a lot of three ball counts. Still gave up just one run.

The guy is a beast...
    Wheeler up by mid 2013. Syndergaard possibly by mid 2014. The future of Mets pitching could be bright, with a little patience and a little bit of luck.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Wheeler up by mid 2013. Syndergaard possibly by mid 2014. The future of Mets pitching could be bright, with a little patience and a little bit of luck.
    Don't forget about montero and fulmer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Matt Harvey, best young pitcher in baseball.
    Fatcessa is all over Harvey. LOVES him. Today....he compared his impact on the Mets with...wait for it...the arrival of....Tom Terrific.

No joke.

Exciting stuff I must say.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Fatcessa is all over Harvey. LOVES him. Today....he compared his impact on the Mets with...wait for it...the arrival of....Tom Terrific.

No joke.

Exciting stuff I must say.

-
    Sounds like the mother of all jinxes.

And I don't even believe in jinxes.