Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Congrats to the Mets for winning their WS.
    Don't be a Yankee Cliche.

Congrats to the Mets fans. Great win for you last night. Thing is, after the 7th, I knew Yanks were going to lose, can't say why. That guy stays healthy, you have a young STUD pitcher for years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    When Harvey starts at Citi Field this summer my guess is it'll be packed...
    Thats what I thought when it was Harvey/Strasburg earlier this year. It was basically a regular game.

And if the Mets only draw 31k for Harvey AND the Yankees, you know its going to be a pretty dire turnout the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    Admittedly, the Mets are boring 80% of the time this year. But, if you say you are a Mets fan, and can't get excited about the 20% of time that Harvey is pitching, well you may just be a "bandwagon" fan.

No crime in that.
    I am actually a Yankees fan but with and 8 month old, another on the way and work kickin my a$$, I dont have the time to watch alot or all of the games. Sleep is a hot commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Thats what I thought when it was Harvey/Strasburg earlier this year. It was basically a regular game.

And if the Mets only draw 31k for Harvey AND the Yankees, you know its going to be a pretty dire turnout the rest of the year.
    I think alot of Mets fans are jaded/turned off by ownership. Whether rightfully so or not, most of my friends who are Mets fans feel this way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i'd rather they beat a good team.
    No one scolding these dumb posts, huh? Funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    49 down, 113 to play. Hardly lost, as unlikely as it might be.
    Not sure if you heard the story from before the game when Wilpon basically said he regretted Rivera would never pitch there again, given that the Mets had no chance at the Series this year... and Mariano basically gave him a weird look and a "why not" in front of some Mets STHs that they met with.

I mean, don't actually say it. At least pretend.

Everything about Mo, on the field and off is spectacular. Maybe thus Harvey kid will take the reins. I'm going to enjoy watching him battle the Yanks for years I hope.

(forgive me in advance, I am NOT pointing at anyone in this thread....begin rant)

It's sad so many Mets fans have adopted the Yankees fans' mentality when it comes to going to and watching the Mets. It's stinks of bandwaggoning and fair weather, and it's hard to respect that. If you call yourself a serious/die hard Mets fan and are only into them if they're good or winning, you might as well jump ship to the Yankees. They'd love to have you, their stadium is packed with people just like you.

If you hadn't figured it out yet, the Mets and Yankees are quite different in many ways, so to expect the same out of both is foolish. Yeah this is New York and we should have the best, and blah blah blah...
    Well guess what, we don't. Our ownership sucks and doesn't GAF about the team or any of us. So deal with it. *****in about the Yanks is beyond futile.

I've been to 6 games this year and I had a great time at all of them (even last Friday freezin my ass off in the rain and waiting thru the delay for nothing). I guess I'm old school for a 31 year old, but I still love going to the ballpark and watching baseball. After all, that is what it's all about, the game. If my boys win, I'm pumped, if they lose, I'm bummed, but I still can enjoy the beauty of the game regardless of the outcome.
    If nothing else, it's better than anything on TV, or sitting on the couch.
    (end rant)

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    (forgive me in advance, I am NOT pointing at anyone in this thread....begin rant)

It's sad so many Mets fans have adopted the Yankees fans' mentality when it comes to going to and watching the Mets. It's stinks of bandwaggoning and fair weather, and it's hard to respect that. If you call yourself a serious/die hard Mets fan and are only into them if they're good or winning, you might as well jump ship to the Yankees. They'd love to have you, their stadium is packed with people just like you.

If you hadn't figured it out yet, the Mets and Yankees are quite different in many ways, so to expect the same out of both is foolish. Yeah this is New York and we should have the best, and blah blah blah...
    Well guess what, we don't. Our ownership sucks and doesn't GAF about the team or any of us. So deal with it. *****in about the Yanks is beyond futile.

I've been to 6 games this year and I had a great time at all of them (even last Friday freezin my ass off in the rain and waiting thru the delay for nothing). I guess I'm old school for a 31 year old, but I still love going to the ballpark and watching baseball. After all, that is what it's all about, the game. If my boys win, I'm pumped, if they lose, I'm bummed, but I still can enjoy the beauty of the game regardless of the outcome.
    If nothing else, it's better than anything on TV, or sitting on the couch.
    (end rant)
    going to games "for fun" doesnt make you a fan, it makes you a sap. stay home, drink a beer, watch the game like the rest of us do.

why would i get my ass out there when the ownership doesnt seem to be care about winning? let them build a winning team, then ill go spend 10 bucks a beer and 6.25 a hot dog.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I am actually a Yankees fan but with and 8 month old, another on the way and work kickin my a$$, I dont have the time to watch alot or all of the games. Sleep is a hot commodity.
    Congratulations! Priorities have a sudden way of changing. Enjoy the time, and slip in the games when you can.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No one scolding these dumb posts, huh? Funny.
    Actually, you are.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    49 down, 113 to play. Hardly lost, as unlikely as it might be.
    Have you watched them? It's a lost year because they don't have MLB starting caliber players at many spots in the lineup/rotation. Find a couple of OFers, the Ike Davis from the 2nd half of last year, a few starters and you'll have something. Until then, this is a lost season same as 2011, 2012 etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Before they declare this season over,...

Metropolitans 6

Pin$triper$ 0

top 4 in the Bronx

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Metropolitans 6

Pin$triper$ 0

top 4 in the Bronx
    This has been a surprisingly fun series

Veteran

Metropolitans 8

Pin$triper$ 0

top 4 in the Bronx
    Fixed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League

Metropolitans 6

Pin$triper$ 0

top 4 in the Bronx
    8-0 now. Hopefully that will be enough for Hefner to pick up his first W of the season.

going to games "for fun" doesnt make you a fan, it makes you a sap. stay home, drink a beer, watch the game like the rest of us do.

why would i get my ass out there when the ownership doesnt seem to be care about winning? let them build a winning team, then ill go spend 10 bucks a beer and 6.25 a hot dog.
    Not sure where to start with this...
    So I think I'll pass.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 05-29-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Not sure where to start with this...
    So I think I'll pass.
    The answer lies somewhere in the middle. I'll still go to an occasional game - especially (or mostly) with my kids, but I'll feel a lot better about it and would attend a lot more when ownership shows a commitment to winning. If/When they sign Jacoby Ellsbury and another bat next year, I'll be there for 10 games for sure. This year? I've been to 1 and will probably make 2-3 more. There are too many other commitments and responsibilities out there that makes prioritizing a crappy team not worth it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The answer lies somewhere in the middle. I'll still go to an occasional game - especially (or mostly) with my kids, but I'll feel a lot better about it and would attend a lot more when ownership shows a commitment to winning. If/When they sign Jacoby Ellsbury and another bat next year, I'll be there for 10 games for sure. This year? I've been to 1 and will probably make 2-3 more. There are too many other commitments and responsibilities out there that makes prioritizing a crappy team not worth it.
    Agreed. The only game I will try to go to is Wheeler's first start.

Other than that....meh. Get us an MLB outfield and you'll get MLB fans.

Btw, forget Ellsbury. Alderson Is lusting after Choo. He has great stats in every category that Sandy loves.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Agreed. The only game I will try to go to is Wheeler's first start.

Other than that....meh. Get us an MLB outfield and you'll get MLB fans.

Btw, forget Ellsbury. Alderson Is lusting after Choo. He has great stats in every category that Sandy loves.
    I don't understand why there is not more excitement about Harvey's starts. Those are the games I would try to get to if I lived in the NY area. I saw him pitch at Wrigley a couple of weeks ago and it was a really good game. Maybe the weather kept the crowd down the other night - but Harvey & the Yankees and still a lot of empty seats. I don't get it.

For now, they seem to be on a pretty good run. Hopefully the bats woke up a bit last night and maybe they can get things turned around. 4 straight wins, 3 games coming up with the Marlins, maybe they can get something going.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I don't understand why there is not more excitement about Harvey's starts. Those are the games I would try to get to if I lived in the NY area. I saw him pitch at Wrigley a couple of weeks ago and it was a really good game. Maybe the weather kept the crowd down the other night - but Harvey & the Yankees and still a lot of empty seats. I don't get it.

For now, they seem to be on a pretty good run. Hopefully the bats woke up a bit last night and maybe they can get things turned around. 4 straight wins, 3 games coming up with the Marlins, maybe they can get something going.
    Agreed - if possible, I will try and time my next games with Harvey's starts. My son has been taunting my FIL (who is a Nats STH) about how Harvey is better than Strasburg.

And, as BRJ suggests, if it works out, I would love to catch Wheeler's first game. Hopefully, in 10 years, we will still have those two at the front of our rotation....pitching to Travis D'Arnaud. I put the odds of that happening at about 10 - 1.