Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

They are easily the worst team in baseball. Miami may have more losses but they sure as hell can beat down on the Mets. Just a pitiful team all together. What the hell was Wright thinking when he agreed to resign?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Seems there are multiple guys in slumps at the same time. Now it's Wright and Murphy along with Davis. When the starting pitching is good, the bullpen blows it. Parnell and the Mets can STFU about an All-Star appearance for him please. I understand he'd been good most of the season, but you don't hand the Nats that game so easily. That was the old, no movement on the ball Parnell I saw last night - giving up not only hits but ropes, and he didn't record an out until the game was over.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    It looked like the fly ball was obviously going foul and not being close enough to get the tagging runner at home, why the fvck did the OF catch the ball?!?! He shoulda let it come down in foul territory.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    It looked like the fly ball was obviously going foul and not being close enough to get the tagging runner at home, why the fvck did the OF catch the ball?!?! He shoulda let it come down in foul territory.
    Even better ches

They just inserted Baxter in the ninth "for defensive purposes"

Jets Insider VIP
    Brandon Inge singles with 2 out bottom 8 to break up.Braves Teheran's no hitter bid

Hall Of Fame
    Matt Harvey leaves with tight back

NEW YORK -- New York Mets ace Matt Harvey left Saturday's game against the Miami Marlins with lower back tightness.

Harvey came out to warm up for the eighth inning and was quickly joined on the mound by manager Terry Collins and trainer Brian Chicklo. After a brief talk, Harvey headed to the dugout, where he could seen pointing out his lower back area to pitching coach Dan Warthen.

Moments before Harvey was pulled, he singled to center in the seventh inning. He didn't stay on the bases long, however, as the next batter, Omar Quintanilla, grounded out to end the frame.

Harvey, who entered the game with a 4.35 ERA this season against Miami, gave up just one run in seven innings. He gave up six hits and struck out six as he remained undefeated on the season. Harvey has not recorded a decision in his last four starts and eight of his last nine outings. He's 5-0 with a 2.10 ERA.

The 24-year-old departed with the game tied at 1-1.
    Have the Mets overhauled their medical staff since the Minaya years?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Matt Harvey leaves with tight back

Have the Mets overhauled their medical staff since the Minaya years?
    According to their facebook page, their chiropractor worked it out.

Today was about as brutal as it gets. It reminded me of the early nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post

Today was about as brutal as it gets. It reminded me of the early nineties.
    Till today's game against the worst team in baseball. This team is just plain bad, swept twice by the worst team in baseball. Enough already, just bring up all the prospects and play the kids.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Till today's game against the worst team in baseball. This team is just plain bad, swept twice by the worst team in baseball. Enough already, just bring up all the prospects and play the kids.
    That might be what they are doing:

Jay Horwitz ‏@Jay_HorwitzPR
    #Mets option 1b Ike Davis, OF Mike Baxter and LHP Robert Carson to Las Vegas (AAA) following today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I guess that is why Ike look so dejected after the disgrace of a game sitting in the dugout bench. We all knew it was going to be bad this year, this bad is the surprise. I am sure the Marlins wish they could play the Mets the rest of the year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    They didn't bring up any actual prospects.

Jets Insider VIP
    seriously folks, it's time for drastic action

Send Davis, Dudu, Byrd, Buck, most of the bullpen and a few others to Las Vegas or designate for assignment, bring up whatever kids are out there in AA or AAA and give them a chance

The only ones who should remain at the Major League level are Murphy and Wright in the infield, Baxter and maybe Valdespin in the outfield, and the starting pitchers

Jets Insider VIP
    Went to my first game in 2+ years on Saturday for my dads birthday. Maybe I'll go again in 5 years. This team has maybe 2 MLB caliber position players.

purge! How many guys they send down to AAA??

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    purge! How many guys they send down to AAA??
    Everybody but the starting pitchers, Parnell and Wright at third, Murphy second and Turner at first and Baxter and maybe Valdespin in the OF. Make Recker the stopgap catcher until Darnoud gets healthy enough to be the starting catcher

Of the rest, about half get sent down and the rest released or designated

Fill the holes from AAA or AA

17 strikeouts on Saturday were the camel's back for this Met fan. More fans would probably show up to watch the kids than this current embarrassing mish mosh

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'll be at this Thursday afternoon's game vs the Cards, courtesy of my company (otherwise I wouldn't pay), and it's supposed to be Harvey vs Wainwright. Looks like it will be another tough-luck loss or ND for Harvey that day, as I don't see how the Mets will generate any offense. However, since it's not the mighty Marlins (lol), maybe there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriously folks, it's time for drastic action

Send Davis, Dudu, Byrd, Buck, most of the bullpen and a few others to Las Vegas or designate for assignment, bring up whatever kids are out there in AA or AAA and give them a chance

The only ones who should remain at the Major League level are Murphy and Wright in the infield, Baxter and maybe Valdespin in the outfield, and the starting pitchers
    Baxter sucks. He rightly got sent down to AAA yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    I have to admit, I am surprised (pleasantly) that more people aren't calling for Wally.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have to admit, I am surprised (pleasantly) that more people aren't calling for Wally.
    Only an idiot would blame the manager for this.

He has a double A team to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Only an idiot would blame the manager for this.

He has a double A team to work with.
    I think most Mets fans understand Collins and his staff are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Yet even some of the of the on field decisions being made, leave one scratching there head.