Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

All League
    He hasn't been Wally Pipped. That would be mean that Josh Satin is actually a stud player. He's not.

Travis d'Araud is a player they're really counting on and he's never stayed healthy throughout his career, that's not a good sign for a catcher.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    He hasn't been Wally Pipped. That would be mean that Josh Satin is actually a stud player. He's not.

Travis d'Araud is a player they're really counting on and he's never stayed healthy throughout his career, that's not a good sign for a catcher.
    Ike should be Pipped

Unless you like a lineup where the pitcher is the eighth best batter

Breaks my heart to say it, but compared to Ike right now, Satin looks 100% more comfortable at the plate and on the field.
    An if Satin is not a stud, which i agree with you on, what does that say about Davis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ike should be Pipped

Unless you like a lineup where the pitcher is the eighth best batter
    I'm with replacing Ike Davis, I'm not fine when that long term solution is Josh Satin.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If he's really a .300 hitter the power lack doesn't bother me.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    so D'Arnaud died and will never play again??
    I did not say that

But it is unlikely he will be replacing anyone this season.

In general the way it works is guys get a couple of thousand plate appearances in the minor leagues to get ready for MLB. When this season started the Mets felt he still needed some more so they sent him to AAA. But then he got hurt. Again.
    D'Arnaud has had 49 plate appearances this year and 303 last season. My guess is he will need to play some games in Vegas to get his timing back and will start next season in AAA. again.
    Hopefully I am wrong.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=darnau001tra

and I could care less if they get rid of both Duda and Davis...the team is much better with Young in left and Satin at first. Ike should be sent back to Las Vegas during the all star break and never return. He's been Wally Pipped
    Satin has less than 100 MLB AB's and you are comparing him to Lou Gehrig. Get a freaking grip.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...atinjo01.shtml

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Satin looks like a legit tough out. I'm thinking the high average is no fluke. I'll take it, provided we obtain some legit power in the outfield.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I did not say that

But it is unlikely he will be replacing anyone this season.

In general the way it works is guys get a couple of thousand plate appearances in the minor leagues to get ready for MLB. When this season started the Mets felt he still needed some more so they sent him to AAA. But then he got hurt. Again.
    D'Arnaud has had 49 plate appearances this year and 303 last season. My guess is he will need to play some games in Vegas to get his timing back and will start next season in AAA. again.
    Hopefully I am wrong.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=darnau001tra

Satin has less than 100 MLB AB's and you are comparing him to Lou Gehrig. Get a freaking grip.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...atinjo01.shtml
    Learn to read

1) Who even talked about this season?? NOT ME. D'Arnaud will.be the Met catcher in 2014, the season I was posting about

2) Never compared Satin to Gehrig. Compared Davis to Wally Pipp. UNFAIR only in that Pipp could hit and wasn't a below .200 automatic strike out

Get your own grip

All League
    Learn to read

1) Who even talked about this season?? NOT ME. D'Arnaud will.be the Met catcher in 2014, the season I was posting about

2) Never compared Satin to Gehrig. Compared Davis to Wally Pipp. UNFAIR only in that Pipp could hit and wasn't a below .200 automatic strike out

Get your own grip
    If Davis is Pipp, Satin is Gehrig. That's how the analogy works.

Jets Insider VIP
    not even close to true

It applies to ANY starter who for any reason gets replaced because he wasn't in the lineup... certainly applies to IKe King K Davis in this case

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Will suspend my Wilpon boycott to witness Harvey sunday. With good rest something special might happen. It's bound to soon

All League
    not even close to true

It applies to ANY starter who for any reason gets replaced because he wasn't in the lineup... certainly applies to IKe King K Davis in this case
    Not really. By your definition any starter who gets replaced has been Pipped and that just isn't accurate. Pipp took a day off because of headache and never got his job back. That isn't what happened with Davis.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If Davis is Pipp, Satin is Gehrig. That's how the analogy works.
    Actually, the analogy is more about a player taking a seat (Pipp had a headache and Gehrig replaced him), only to never get his job back.

Jets Insider VIP
    And in this case, Davis has had a "bat ache" for a season and a half and has given Met fans nausea and a stomach ache every time they foolishly allow him in the lineup.

The good news is I heard Alderson on an all star pregame interview and it sounds like Las Vegas or DFA is arriving in Ike.169's future

Ike Davis is a left-handed Dave Kingman. Without the homeruns. That said, the Mets should play him everyday the rest of the season, against all pitching, to see if he can play at this level. Then make a decision at the end of the season, live with it, and move on. You can't play this game every year.

All League
    And in this case, Davis has had a "bat ache" for a season and a half and has given Met fans nausea and a stomach ache every time they foolishly allow him in the lineup.

The good news is I heard Alderson on an all star pregame interview and it sounds like Las Vegas or DFA is arriving in Ike.169's future
    It's not good news when a guy who at the start of the season was one of your most valuable pieces turns out to be a disaster and is sent down or released. There's been nothing good about this situation, but in another lost season they should play him because he has more potential than his replacement. If at the end of the year they determine that he's completely broken they'll non-tender him and that'll be the end of that. Josh Satin isn't good enough that should make that kind of move now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Ike doesn't have enough power to wait around for. He's had more than his share of chances. Satin seems like a legit tough out. Let's see how it adds up after another 50abs or so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Ike doesn't have enough power to wait around for. He's had more than his share of chances. Satin seems like a legit tough out. Let's see how it adds up after another 50abs or so.
    THIS

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Maybe a couple hundred PA's in AAA is what he needs.
    But if your intention is making the big club better by cutting him then I think that is against our new process. If we are truly playing "money ball" then the idea is buying low and selling high. If we don't get Davis right and we cut him we are then selling (cutting) low.

look for him to get a couple more years of more seasons somewhere.

All League
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...s-bonilla.html

•Jeff Wilpon promised that the Mets are willing to spend in 2014, the team COO said in an interview on WFAN radio (and partially transcribed by Newsday's Neil Best). The Mets will be helped when the Johan Santana and Jason Bay contracts expire this winter, which will by themselves free up $43.625MM in payroll space. "We haven't set a payroll for next year, but I can tell you we're ready to invest with those big contracts coming off the books," Wilpon said. "We have the money to invest. We're going to invest it prudently. Sandy [Alderson] is going to set a path."

So are we talking Cano, Elsbury, Choo?

or

someone's 4th outfielder and the back up catcher we've needed for so long?

And are we talking about a $185 million payroll or a $95 million payroll?

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?"