Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: METS 2013

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...s-bonilla.html

So are we talking Cano, Elsbury, Choo?

or

someone's 4th outfielder and the back up catcher we've needed for so long?

And are we talking about a $185 million payroll or a $95 million payroll?

"Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?"
    It won't be anywhere near $185 million. Ellsbury would be my choice from this year's class. Cano is staying with Yankees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Maybe a couple hundred PA's in AAA is what he needs.
    But if your intention is making the big club better by cutting him then I think that is against our new process. If we are truly playing "money ball" then the idea is buying low and selling high. If we don't get Davis right and we cut him we are then selling (cutting) low.

look for him to get a couple more years of more seasons somewhere.
    Not sure if we're intentionally playing money ball. Until I see it, Wilpon is lying about spending.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Not sure if we're intentionally playing money ball. Until I see it, Wilpon is lying about spending.

MLB screwed us when they floated Wilpon that loan.

The loan would have been acceptable if the condition on cashing that check was "...you've got 18 months to sell..."

But instead they watched as the 2006 Pittsburgh Pirates to suited up and played as the NY Mets.

And they allowed this to go on in the NYC market. Bud Selig is such a dope it is hard to believe.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    It won't be anywhere near $185 million. Ellsbury would be my choice from this year's class. Cano is staying with Yankees.
    Elsbury will want a fortune. They will get Choo.

MLB screwed us when they floated Wilpon that loan.

The loan would have been acceptable if the condition on cashing that check was "...you've got 18 months to sell..."

But instead they watched as the 2006 Pittsburgh Pirates to suited up and played as the NY Mets.

And they allowed this to go on in the NYC market. Bud Selig is such a dope it is hard to believe.
    Another Harvey gem, and Mets series win.....10 games out of wild card, 10.5 out of first place. This optimistic fan is enjoying the hell out of this season, and not focusing on Madoff and the past....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Another Harvey gem, and Mets series win.....10 games out of wild card, 10.5 out of first place. This optimistic fan is enjoying the hell out of this season, and not focusing on Madoff and the past....
    Don't talk about wild card or 1st place until you get to .500

All League
    Tucker I hope your optimism pays off.

I'd recommend that you don't bet your kids college fund on it. IMHO picking up 10 games with 68 to go would be a giant feat.

Tucker I hope your optimism pays off.

I'd recommend that you don't bet your kids college fund on it. IMHO picking up 10 games with 68 to go would be a giant feat.
    agreed....4 at home against the Braves would be a great time for them to start working on it-

Jets Insider VIP
    Miles away from predicting playoffs in 2013.

Just enjoying watching my little team play with max effort and watching Harvey and Wheeler join Wright in the top echelon, Parnell develop as a solid closer and nice additions like Young, Lagares, B Satin and Quintinilla and even maybe Neiwenhaus show they belong with the big team. The back of the rote with Gee, Hefner and Neise when he comes back looks like it's developing into an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Miles away from predicting playoffs in 2013.

Just enjoying watching my little team play with max effort and watching Harvey and Wheeler join Wright in the top echelon, Parnell develop as a solid closer and nice additions like Young, Lagares, B Satin and Quintinilla and even maybe Neiwenhaus show they belong with the big team. The back of the rote with Gee, Hefner and Neise when he comes back looks like it's developing into an asset.
    agreed on all fronts- just seeing that since early June the Mets have been consistently winning series...if that continues by late August they should be within a stone's throw of the playoffs. This team is scrappy but can be dangerous given their pitching. Mark me down as a believer....if they can take 3 of 4 from the Braves they'll be 8.5 games out of first, & NY will start to get excited.

All League
    Ugly loss tonight. I hope d'Arnaud gets ready soon, I"m sick of watching John Buck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ugly loss tonight. I hope d'Arnaud gets ready soon, I"m sick of watching John Buck.
    That was a tough one.

You watch a game for three hours and you have the divisional rival dumbfounded and you let them back in at the end ....I was ranting, my wife hates when I swear like that....

Have to admit that was a hell of a catch by Haywood to end it, I thought it was going to drop. If it did we would have won the game because Kimbel was done and we had the momentum ...

Great finish to the Atlanta series, as they earned a split. Fantastic start to the Nats series, as Meija throws a gaming is first appearance of the year

Harvey tonight, and the Mets are ahead of the Nats in the loss column, and tied with the Phil's

Playoffs???

All League
    Great finish to the Atlanta series, as they earned a split. Fantastic start to the Nats series, as Meija throws a gaming is first appearance of the year

Harvey tonight, and the Mets are ahead of the Nats in the loss column, and tied with the Phil's

Playoffs???
    No.

From metsrefugees
    http://www.metsrefugees.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=94500
    LesGrossmanRP

Let's do a little math...

The 1973 Mets won the division with an 82-79 record. If history repeats itself, and all 162 are played, let's say they win the division with an 83-79 record.

Entering today, the Mets are 45-53. They have to go 38-26 the rest of the way (.594 winning percentage).

For the Braves to fall to 82-80 and second place, they have to really tank. They're 57-45; they have to go 25-35 (.417) to finish a game behind the 83-79 Mets.

The Braves are currently on pace for a 91 win season. If they just played .500 ball the rest of the way, they finish 87-75.

So for the Mets to get to 88 wins and potentially take the division, they need to go 43-21 the rest of the way (.672).

I haven't even mentioned the Phillies or Nationals.

It's tough. A lot has to go very, very right for us if we want postseason baseball this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Have to say NO thoughts of playoffsin 2013.

However in 2014 with maybe the best pitching staff in baseball, D'Arnaud emerging as the starting backstop, a full season of Youong, Lagares, Satin an Quintadilla joining Wright and Murph in the lineup, the prospects for winning the Division and postseason play are bright.