Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

Ike's been just horrendous, and he's now bringing in onto the field botching plays he should make. I think they need to send him down, clear his head, hit the reset button on his season. Its unfathomable to think a guy that is still young, has shown some talent, could just fall off the cliff like this.

Time to think about Murph at 1st and Valdespin at 2nd, or some other combination - Turner, whoever - for a couple weeks, and hopefully Ike straightens himself out in Las Vegas.

All League
    In a lost season, that was a fun win.

Jets Insider VIP
    great performance by Harvey

great comeback win against Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    great performance by Harvey

great comeback win against Rivera
    Instant Classic. Rivera had never in his career entered in a save situation and not recorded an out.

The Mets are the only team in the majors with 3 walk-off wins vs Rivera.

Harvey's eight innings of 1-run, 10 strike outs, and no walks...

In Rivera's last regular season game vs the Mets, where he is honored bf the game....

Instant Classic.

Hall Of Fame
    Congrats to the Mets for winning their WS.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    oh stop let us enjoy a big few wins....of note, the Mets 1st 3 game winning streak & the Yankees 1st 3 game losing streak of the year-

The Mets HAVE to bring Wheeler up June 1st- it's friggin time! And Ike Davis should be sent to the minors so he can clear his head.....he's a disaster!

All Pro
    Ugh what a typical Yankee fan response. It's like I'm reading Facebook all over again. you should have added 'our games are in October' and found a way to add the number 27 somewhere.

It was a great regular season game with 2 guys pitching great and both Teams getting timely hits. Plus, we did it against the GOAT who we all respect which makes the game even more fun.

Anyway, Mets have been down so long that it's nice to be in a game with some emotion. I really can't wait for them to be competitive again. I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Condolences on being one of "those" Yankee fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    the happiest part of the game yesterday was watching the fat drunk arrogant Pinstriper frontrunners at the beginning of the ninth inning cheering wildly when the "Great Mariano" marched to the mound and then watching them running to the exits with their tails between their legs as if Citifield was on fire when the "Great Mariano" started his own fire and then threw gasoline on it.

Don't worry, Yankee$ fans, you'll buy another 100 million dollar payroll reliever to replace the old geezer next year

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the happiest part of the game yesterday was watching the fat drunk arrogant Pinstriper frontrunners at the beginning of the ninth inning cheering wildly when the "Great Mariano" marched to the mound and then watching them running to the exits with their tails between their legs as if Citifield was on fire when the "Great Mariano" started his own fire and then threw gasoline on it.

Don't worry, Yankee$ fans, you'll buy another 100 million dollar payroll reliever to replace the old geezer next year
    Condolences on being one of "those" Mets fans

I particularly enjoyed the sarcasm of "Great Mariano" as if he is anything but. Get a clue.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Ugh what a typical Yankee fan response. It's like I'm reading Facebook all over again. you should have added 'our games are in October' and found a way to add the number 27 somewhere.

It was a great regular season game with 2 guys pitching great and both Teams getting timely hits. Plus, we did it against the GOAT who we all respect which makes the game even more fun.

Anyway, Mets have been down so long that it's nice to be in a game with some emotion. I really can't wait for them to be competitive again. I
    lol +1

Sure sounds like:

Killjoy.

Why are so many fans giving up on the season so early?

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Condolences on being one of "those" Mets fans

I particularly enjoyed the sarcasm of "Great Mariano" as if he is anything but. Get a clue.
    Mariano is the best we'll ever see around here, in any sport- that's why I am hoping the game last night will be viewed as a classic, given Harvey's presence & continued dominance...

i'd rather they beat a good team.

I sadly watched about 4 innings combined of these past two games...these games just don't have the juice (no pun intended) anymore. A combination of this no longer being new and both teams not being good at the same time I guess. That and it's friggin May...

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    In a lost season, that was a fun win.
    49 down, 113 to play. Hardly lost, as unlikely as it might be.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    I sadly watched about 4 innings combined of these past two games...these games just don't have the juice (no pun intended) anymore. A combination of this no longer being new and both teams not being good at the same time I guess. That and it's friggin May...
    Admittedly, the Mets are boring 80% of the time this year. But, if you say you are a Mets fan, and can't get excited about the 20% of time that Harvey is pitching, well you may just be a "bandwagon" fan.

No crime in that.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    When Harvey starts at Citi Field this summer my guess is it'll be packed...

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    When Harvey starts at Citi Field this summer my guess is it'll be packed...
    doubt it. the mets are unwatchable in the field and at the plate.