Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 nights of ugly. This team is a disaster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what we all expected.... great job by Hefner, no hitting, worst bullpen in the history of Major League or even AAA baseball

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see no reason not to bring these young studs up soon....wheeler and montero. Let them learn at the majors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

METS 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    what we all expected.... great job by Hefner, no hitting, worst bullpen in the history of Major League or even AAA baseball
    When is Sandy going to start taking heat for the bullpens he has put together these past couple of years.

Shame that Collins might not get a chance to manage this team when they have money to spend and the kids are all up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    When is Sandy going to start taking heat for the bullpens he has put together these past couple of years.

Shame that Collins might not get a chance to manage this team when they have money to spend and the kids are all up.
    The bullpens have been miserable, but this year the back end of the rotation (3-5)
    Has been killing them. Mets need to get through this year because next year they will be around 50 mill salary and they csn be mahor players in adding solid relief and 1 or 2 big bats in of.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    The bullpens have been miserable, but this year the back end of the rotation (3-5)
    Has been killing them. Mets need to get through this year because next year they will be around 50 mill salary and they csn be mahor players in adding solid relief and 1 or 2 big bats in of.

I'm not really confident that they'll spend the money. They'll come up with excuses why they're better off waiting til 2016 to spend or some other BS that they're so good at spewing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone should of known that the mets where not going to compete this year. 2014 2015 are going to be the real do or die years, I'd hate to see Collins take the fall for this team not performing. Alot of these guys have no business starting in the majors.

What bothers me the most is Davis. these struggles shouldnt be happening to someone like him. Hes going to be the long term key for this team. He really needs to find a way to bring his spring training numbers to the regular season and get off to a good start.

Hopefully next year we'll be more on the way of becoming a serious contender.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I'm not really confident that they'll spend the money. They'll come up with excuses why they're better off waiting til 2016 to spend or some other BS that they're so good at spewing.
    Dude they were very close to shelling out 14 mill a yr for a cf this year...they will spend money

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude they were very close to shelling out 14 mill a yr for a cf this year...they will spend money

But they didn't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    But they didn't.
    They were outbid and they didn't want to meet the price and lose the 11th pick of the draft

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets/Mets wait, see and hope.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great win last night.

In Atlanta on business and I was able to get out to Turner Field, and when Wright hit the home run off Kimbrel and shut up that tomahawk chop thing, great moment.

Hopefully, they can get something going, now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were outbid and they didn't want to meet the price and lose the 11th pick of the draft

So they were almost willing to spend but they decided to be cheap?

That is your argument for the Mets not being cheap?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    So they were almost willing to spend but they decided to be cheap?

That is your argument for the Mets not being cheap?
    Personally, I would not have gone big on Michael Bourne. THAT is not the player the Mets need.

What really held up any deal was the process of understanding if their pick would have still been protected.

At the end of the day, Bourne and his agent were not willing to wait on that to play out. It might have been best for all parties

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    Personally, I would not have gone big on Michael Bourne. THAT is not the player the Mets need.

What really held up any deal was the process of understanding if their pick would have still been protected.

At the end of the day, Bourne and his agent were not willing to wait on that to play out. It might have been best for all parties
    I agree. But the original comment was "...they were close to shelling out $14 million for a CF..."

Kind like saying I was close to banging an FSU cheerleader. Close don't count, IMHO.

That also brings up the question of how valuable is a MLB 1st round pick?

I'd bet the majority of those guys start less than 100 MLB games in their careers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    An infield hit with 2 outs in the 7th breaks up a perfect game for harvey...damn

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    9ip 12ks 1 infield hit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ike Davis....batting around .160. Tejada with Aton of errors. Lucas Duda disappointing again. Niese, Marcum, Hafner all crap. This team is underperforming big time.

Ironic that they very well may have the Cy Young award winner again yet still suk. Hopefully they open up the purse strings next year, get Wheeler into the rotation, and make some progress for us fans.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is further away than I thought. Wright, Harvey, Niese & Parnell are really the only guys with real value at this point. After the nonsense of the last series in the field Davis should be banished to Vegas for awhile.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    This team is further away than I thought. Wright, Harvey, Niese & Parnell are really the only guys with real value at this point. After the nonsense of the last series in the field Davis should be banished to Vegas for awhile.
    Yes, very painful to watch this team sometime. There are days when I say to myself, would it not been easier to have just been born a Yankees and Giants fan, too late now.