Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: METS 2013

Jon Niese
    Can someone please convince me that even a small Rotator cuff tear isn't bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Jon Niese
    Can someone please convince me that even a small Rotator cuff tear isn't bad?
    Its bad.

But hey, Duda got hurt, and they may call Ike back up...

Jets Insider VIP
    if (probably when) Niese is on the DL and probably needing surgery, it's pretty much down to Harvey, Wheeler, pray for rain for the Metropolitans for the remainder of this season

Hefner has actually been pitching sort of bulldog OK, but Gee and Marcum suck donkeyballs

Jets Insider VIP
    so Gee sucked and saddled the Metros with a 7-1 deficit but they fought back and tied the game at 7 in the top of the ninth

only to have some palooka named Torres show up out of the bullpen and offer a batting practice fastball to the first Phillie batter who hit it far enough to bang off the Liberty Bell

HARVEY. 6 innings, 2 hits, no runs..blowout win. Happy Sunday and another series win, Mets fans! Off day tomorrow and Zach Wheeler on Tuesday. Trending positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    HARVEY. 6 innings, 2 hits, no runs..blowout win. Happy Sunday and another series win, Mets fans! Off day tomorrow and Zach Wheeler on Tuesday. Trending positive.
    could the young jr pick up end up being decent? watching this lineup is so painful.

i really dont see where this is going with the lineup. D'arnaud is not going to be playing till mid july, prob up in august earliest, Nimmo is 2 years away, Puello could be decent but i am not sure when he would come up. hard for me to imagine they are going to go from a lineup with 3 ML'ers to a lineup with 8 ML'ers next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Last year Nimmo wasn't hitting well in Brooklyn. How is he looking lately?

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Last year Nimmo wasn't hitting well in Brooklyn. How is he looking lately?
    i mean he is getting on base, but like i said i think he is 2 years away...and probably will never end up being a true difference maker. its king of amazing to me that as bad as the mets have been, we dont have at least 1 legit OF prospect ready to contribute to the big club.

So Marcum doesn't go to 0-10...he pitched a great game and they actually played stellar D behind him. Nice W. mets now 6-4 on the road trip with just one make up game vs Colorado tonight left.

Eric Young, jr has been fantastic.

Jets Insider VIP
    For those of you who have been demanding the execution.of Alderson, it should be noted that Young, so far, has finally been the Mets first decent leadoff hitter since Reyes and that McHugh for whom he was traded, has already been optioned to Double A baseball.

All Pro
    So Marcum doesn't go to 0-10...he pitched a great game and they actually played stellar D behind him. Nice W. mets now 6-4 on the road trip with just one make up game vs Colorado tonight left.

Eric Young, jr has been fantastic.
    Yup, I was at the game last night and Marcum pitched well, and the Mets infield defense was awesome. Qunitanilla, Murphy, Wright and Satin all made great plays behind Marcum.

Nothing better than being in a visiting stadium and keeping the home fans quiet for 9 innings.

Absolute MONSTER win! Marlon Byrd 2 run HR in the top of the 8th gives them a lead, and then he throws out the lead off batter at 2nd base to start the bottom of the 9th (guy was trying to stretch a single into a double)

7-4 road trip and HARVEY on the mound at Citi Field tomorrow night!

Jets Insider VIP
    Absolute MONSTER win! Marlon Byrd 2 run HR in the top of the 8th gives them a lead, and then he throws out the lead off batter at 2nd base to start the bottom of the 9th (guy was trying to stretch a single into a double)

7-4 road trip and HARVEY on the mound at Citi Field tomorrow night!
    Great 7-4 road trip visiting 4 opponents in three cities including a one game make up in Denver

Jets Insider VIP
    It's Harvey Time again at Citifield

2 innings pitched, 23 pitches

4Ks

1 popup to second

1 can of corn to left

Jets Insider VIP
    through 4

12 up, 12 down

6Ks

and a terrific shoestring catch of a low liner by Marlon Byrd to save a hit

Jets Insider VIP
    thru 6

2 hits for the Nationals, a round tripper and a triple

9Ks for Harvey

Metropolitans up 3-1, middle 6

Jets Insider VIP
    Harvey leaves after 7 up 4-1

In come a parade of bullpen palookas in the eighth..

3 runs, tie game at 4...Harvey screwed out of a win

followed by Parnell blowing the tie in the ninth and another L
    Last edited by sg3; 06-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.

All Pro
    In his last 8 home starts, Harvey has 2.05 ERA, 63Ks and 7BBs, but a 0-1 record. No wins at Citi Field in over 2 months.

Finally gets a little run support and the bullpen gacks one up.

Frustrating night last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    nice clean methodical win today

Zack Attack tomorrow

All Pro
    Good win last night. Down 3-0, they battle back to force extras, fall behind again in the 13th and Brown delivers with the bases loaded. This team has been fun to watch over the last few weeks -- ever since they brought up some of the kids.