Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: Gronk Needs Surgery #4

  1. #21
    the bugs are everywhere and need to be dealt with. there's probably little doubt that gronk didn't adhere strickly to his doctor's orders. it's really too bad because this could be a huge set back for him. on the other hand, so much about the patsies getting high character and dedicated guys on their team. it's not like gronk wasn't giving any signals about playing too hard.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Obviously he wouldn't be in a whirlpool with an acute fracture...what I said, and what is true, is that a larger proportion of these athletes as opposed to non-athletes are chronic MRSA carriers....the bacteria is already part of their now usual skin flora due to past exposure, and it's hard to eradicate. Let's say he cuts himself shaving or whatever...the bacteria gets into the bloodstream and having a foreign body on a bone, like a plate and screws, is a particularly prone site to become seeded and infected.

    Do people get MRSA in a hospital? Yes they certainly can..but there is a difference between HA-MRSA and now the CA-MRSA..and athletes, the NFL in particular, are at a higher risk of developing an MRSA infection.

    http://archive.mensjournal.com/mrsa
    http://www.time.com/time/arts/articl...853828,00.html
    Great insight on these chronic infections and athletes, thanks. I lost my Mom to one of those chronic hospital infections but she was a senior so obviously that is a different kind of medical conundrum that hospitals face today.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,577
    That's what happens when you are made out of steroids

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Great insight on these chronic infections and athletes, thanks. I lost my Mom to one of those chronic hospital infections but she was a senior so obviously that is a different kind of medical conundrum that hospitals face today.
    We aint seen nothing yet.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Sucks for him. Yay for us.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    That's what happens when you are made out of steroids
    I know. I remember Mark Gastineau's career.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    We aint seen nothing yet.
    Thanks to Obama.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I know. I remember Mark Gastineau's career.
    True, who was your team back then? Cowboys? Steelers? Or where you one of the four Pats fans that existed at that time? I'm sure you were.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    True, who was your team back then? Cowboys? Steelers? Or where you one of the four Pats fans that existed at that time? I'm sure you were.
    I was a big Carolina Panthers fan in the 80's and early 90's. Then they drafted Kerry Collins and that pretty much killed my interest in the team.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I was a big Carolina Panthers fan in the 80's and early 90's. Then they drafted Kerry Collins and that pretty much killed my interest in the team.
    Must of been cool rooting for a team in 80s and early 90s that didn't exist until 1995.i see you were a real big panthers fan.hope you were joking.

  11. #31
    One down. Now just root for 52 more injuries so you can cement your spot as 2nd in the AFCE this season behind Miami.

  12. #32
    Karma! Gronk is almost too big to play TE in the nfl anyway.. Dude is a Monster 6'7 260+ lbs

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Must of been cool rooting for a team in 80s and early 90s that didn't exist until 1995.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    One down. Now just root for 52 more injuries so you can cement your spot as 2nd in the AFCE this season behind Miami.
    Won't take that many. Only one for your one man team to sink to the bottom as the Colts did when Peyton Manning, the best QB of his entire era went down.

    And the Colts had far better offensive support players and a billion times better defense than your Sucksboro Bradys have.

    Hopefully four or five 250 pound plus defenders meet at Tammi's knees early this season and allow virtually all NFL fans to joyfully celebrate

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Won't take that many. Only one for your one man team to sink to the bottom as the Colts did when Peyton Manning, the best QB of his entire era went down.

    And the Colts had far better offensive support players and a billion times better defense than your Sucksboro Bradys have.

    Hopefully four or five 250 pound plus defenders meet at Tammi's knees early this season and allow virtually all NFL fans to joyfully celebrate
    Love the revisionist Colts history. Bill Polian had been doing his best Matt Millen impersonation for several years and left the cupboard almost completely bare when Manning went down.

    Reggie Wayne was the only offensive player on that team that would start on the current Patriots team. And Curtis Painter was historically terrible. He was no Ryan Mallett. Heck, he wasn't even Mike Kafka.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    We all hope Ryan Mullet is the starting QB of the Cheaters as early as the opening game of this season

    LORD hear our prayer

    Your one man team would sink like the Titanic

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Love the revisionist Colts history. Bill Polian had been doing his best Matt Millen impersonation for several years and left the cupboard almost completely bare when Manning went down.

    Reggie Wayne was the only offensive player on that team that would start on the current Patriots team. And Curtis Painter was historically terrible. He was no Ryan Mallett. Heck, he wasn't even Mike Kafka.
    You're expecting Skippy to actually know something, anything, about football. Skippy only knows hate. Irrational, juvenile, and vile hate. So stop talking football to him. It makes his little head hurt and that makes him ANGRY.

  18. #38
    I wouldn't wish him any ill but even without him in the lineup they have a lot of weapons. I'd much rather him be off the field then on when the Jets play them.

  19. #39
    I never wish injury on anyone, I feel back for Gronk but I have absolutely no pitty for NE

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You're expecting Skippy to actually know something, anything, about football. Skippy only knows hate. Irrational, juvenile, and vile hate. So stop talking football to him. It makes his little head hurt and that makes him ANGRY.
    Please refrain from you continued barrage of personal attacks and namecalling and try and keep focused on what is being discussed.

    You are a good poster who is better than this

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us