Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gronk Needs Surgery #4

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Please refrain from you continued barrage of personal attacks and namecalling and try and keep focused on what is being discussed.

You are a good poster who is better than this
    Right. Sorry.

Please oh Lord, either reign nukes down on Foxboro or at least have career ending injuries on those faggot Patriots, especially that delicious looking...er I mean, homo Cindy Brady.

Better?

Jets Insider VIP
    no to nukes

yes to injuries by the dozens

Jets Insider VIP
    Tight Noodle?

Noodle End?

Gronk should really call Chad Pennington for some advice.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I was a big Carolina Panthers fan in the 80's and early 90's. Then they drafted Kerry Collins and that pretty much killed my interest in the team.

there were as many carolina panthers fans in the 80s as there were Pats fans, so that makes sense

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Probably a rash from taking his shirt off all the time.

If he was another AFCE team then I'd probably be happy that the Pats got a break, the guy is a load and a half, but I would never root for an injury for any player.

This is all about arrogance in such abundance that it borders on stupidity.

As you may recall, this all started when BB decided to keep Gronk in the game for a ST's play, with the game completely out of reach for the opponent no less. He then breaks his arm when he easily could have put in some retread ST's player for the sake of the play.

Now, his season could be in jeopardy? BB is so arrogant he makes damn fool out of himself.

What is so surprising is that people do not see it for what it is. Just like a long list of dumb things BB has done in the past.

As I've said before:

Glasskowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is all about arrogance in such abundance that it borders on stupidity.

As you may recall, this all started when BB decided to keep Gronk in the game for a ST's play, with the game completely out of reach for the opponent no less. He then breaks his arm when he easily could have put in some retread ST's player for the sake of the play.

Now, his season could be in jeopardy? BB is so arrogant he makes damn fool out of himself.

What is so surprising is that people do not see it for what it is. Just like a long list of dumb things BB has done in the past.
    This specious line of discussion was raised repeatedly by the incognoscenti after Gronk was injured. Belichick's response hit the nail on the head: "Tell me which guys are going to get hurt, and I'll take them out of there."

This specious line of discussion was raised repeatedly by the incognoscenti after Gronk was injured. Belichick's response hit the nail on the head: "Tell me which guys are going to get hurt, and I'll take them out of there."
    That's bullsh*t and that's not the point.

The point is when you have a player of Gronk's caliber you save him for the more important things. The Patsies had the depth to send someone else out for an otherwise insignificant play in a game that was not in doubt.

If BB had done that, Gronk, one of your biggest talents and Brady's number 1 target for big games, is around to play another day.

Saying stupid sh*t like what BB responded with only invites more controversy. Also, this is not the first time he's done some pretty arrogant sh*t in a game. Remember the 2008 SB? Do I even need to illustrate all the dumb, arrogant sh*t he pulled in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    That's bullsh*t and that's not the point.

The point is when you have a player of Gronk's caliber you save him for the more important things. The Patsies had the depth to send someone else out for an otherwise insignificant play in a game that was not in doubt.

If BB had done that, Gronk, one of your biggest talents and Brady's number 1 target for big games, is around to play another day.

Saying stupid sh*t like what BB responded with only invites more controversy. Also, this is not the first time he's done some pretty arrogant sh*t in a game. Remember the 2008 SB? Do I even need to illustrate all the dumb, arrogant sh*t he pulled in that game?
    You could make a list of all the dumb stuff BB has done in a game. I would agree with you about a lot of the items on the list. This is definitely not one of them.

FG block team is about as low risk as you can get. Freak injuries happen sometimes. You can't lock your best players in a padded room throughout the season and bring them in only at key times in a game. How many teams sit their starting QB at the end of a game and bring their backup in to take a knee? If Brady got hurt doing that, would you be singing the same tune? I'm guessing yes, so you could shoehorn yet another example into your "BB is arrogant" narrative.

Hindsight is 20-20. A routine decision to put a player into a relatively low-risk situation only looks bad in the rare cases where the player actually gets hurt. That was precisely Belichick's point and he is 100% right.

nothing to see here, folks.

BB was right to put in Gronk on special teams.

Gronk was right to go drunken rasslin' shortly after surgery on his twice-broken arm.

move along, now.

That is a silly comment because everyone knows some players are so important at their main spot that they should not be risked doing other things. This is why each and every year when someone puts forth great special teams return ability as a draft plus I downgrade it's importance because the 1st time your prime slot Wr or CB gets crushed on a kick return and misses time he will no longer be on st's.

In my mind the worst thing about this scenario was not necessarily the original injury but having him come back to play so soon with a cast when there was no need for it at all.

I was a big Carolina Panthers fan in the 80's and early 90's. Then they drafted Kerry Collins and that pretty much killed my interest in the team.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That is a silly comment because everyone knows some players are so important at their main spot that they should not be risked doing other things.
    Depends on what other things you are talking about. Clearly you would never have Randy Moss in his prime returning kicks. But he was always on the "hands" team for on-side kicks. If he got hurt doing that, would his coach really be subject to criticism? At some point it gets ridiculous to try to protect your key players and you just them play in their assigned roles. IMO, FG Block Team is one of those roles.

Depends on what other things you are talking about. Clearly you would never have Randy Moss in his prime returning kicks. But he was always on the "hands" team for on-side kicks. If he got hurt doing that, would his coach really be subject to criticism? At some point it gets ridiculous to try to protect your key players and you just them play in their assigned roles. IMO, FG Block Team is one of those roles.
    The hands team is a once in 5-10 game kind of thing and is a play that cmn decide a game. Far different than a short Fg or covert when the pct of success is 90% or more. Especially when you should have plenty of backup players who can block on a kick. The reason to have him in there all the time? Perhaps because you have a fake in your play book and that's about it.

As I said before, 1st break was a bit of a fluke but the game was out of had, the bad thing was what seemed like rushing back after the injury, no need for that at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    In other words, in the view of you, BB, the Wonderful Wizard of the Emerald City of Foxboro is perfection personified and can do no wrong in anything, any time, anyplace anyhow

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    In other words, in the view of you, BB, the Wonderful Wizard of the Emerald City of Foxboro is perfection personified and can do no wrong in anything, any time, anyplace anyhow
    Mike Tice and Denny Green too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Great insight on these chronic infections and athletes, thanks. I lost my Mom to one of those chronic hospital infections but she was a senior so obviously that is a different kind of medical conundrum that hospitals face today.
    That sucks. Sorry for your loss. Is this why your name is Gangrene?

I notice you don't spell it Gangreen.

Letting Welker go and leaving Gronkowski in for a stupid special teams play are two moves that look better by the day.