Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Jets insist Revis attends workouts or he doesn't get his bonus

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: More on Revis-Jets dispute: He doesn't mind flying to NY for physical w/ team docs, but he'd prefer to return to Az for rehab. #Jets

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right. Coming off the AFCCG People here were *****ing to get a contract done, including the HC. Now you state good for Idzik for playing tough. It's in his contract to report. Duh.

    Again, it's the new guy can do no wrong, and I like Idzik, but you and others will be trashing him in no time.
    +1

    Revis would've held out last offseason had Tannenbaum not swung the deal he did.As it is Revis may have missed his perfect window to cash in.Last offseason at still only 27 and with crazy deals like the Aso and Mario Williams contracts in vogue,was his time.We'd likely be locked into an insanely crippling contract by now.

    The relentless Tanny trashing is just dumb.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    That is the truth, I remember posters endlessly laying praise at the feet of Tannenbaum ... "In Mike we trust" ... "Trader Mike" . In the end he was not nearly as bad as he is portrayed now and not nearly as good as he was perceived then.

    In time Idzik will first be lionized and then cast out into the desert as being " a numbers guy" or some other appropriate failing.

    Which Jets coach or front office guy has not, in time, been turned on by the fans ? Weeb Ewbank is the only name I can think of and maybe fans like Savage can correct me ... Even Parcells was criticized for his drafting.

    I am excited about Idzik, I think he is an upgrade, more cerebral than Tannenbaum who was like Woody Johnson, has a hard time separating hyperbole from fact.

    On Revis, it's the right thing to do i.e. to insist that he attends the off-season workouts. He is getting paid Diva money over the length of his current contract (don't tell me he is playing for 6M this year, that is a distortion of the facts). To ask him to honour his end of the contract is common sense, it's so obvious. The Jets need to get a look at his progress to help determine what his value is worth in a trade and whether to trade him at all and attempt to resign him.
    So true GG..I'll give it about another 17 days before the first Sh!t hits fan when Idzik drafts someone the armchair GM's have already annointed a failure.

  4. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    +1

    Revis would've held out last offseason had Tannenbaum not swung the deal he did.As it is Revis may have missed his perfect window to cash in.Last offseason at still only 27 and with crazy deals like the Aso and Mario Williams contracts in vogue,was his time.We'd likely be locked into an insanely crippling contract by now.

    The relentless Tanny trashing is just dumb.
    +1 So true. It's especially disingenuous when the Rex-aholics lay all of the blame at Tanny's feet for the current state of the franchise and paint Rex as some innocent bystander

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    So true GG..I'll give it about another 17 days before the first Sh!t hits fan when Idzik drafts someone the armchair GM's have already annointed a failure.


    LOL

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post


    LOL
    DSH I'm going to ponder your post for a while(Courtneeeeeeeyyy)

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    DSH I'm going to ponder your post for a while(Courtneeeeeeeyyy)
    She definitely makes me "Up The Irons" (nudge nudge, wink wink)

  8. #28
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,079
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    I wouldn't call it hardball, or 'holding his feet to the fire' as the author said..I would call it making him honor his damn contract.

    Besides, if they let him stay home that only adds fuel to the potential 'trade me' scenario...and until he is dealt he is a part of the team.

    Only in the NY media, particularly dealing with the NYJ, is making a player honor his contract considered an injustice, a 'cause of friction' or 'big news' worthy of a blog post.
    +1 it's in his deal!

    Cimini being a DICK, another non story

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really do not understand the hub bub here. It's actually rather simple, per his contract Revis is required to attend the offseason workouts. If he doesn't attend he forfeits 3 million dollars. If he does attend, he gets the money.

    So why is this a big deal? So he'd rather rehab in Arizona, and he can if he likes, but he'll also be 3 million dollars lighter.

  10. #30
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I really do not understand the hub bub here. It's actually rather simple, per his contract Revis is required to attend the offseason workouts. If he doesn't attend he forfeits 3 million dollars. If he does attend, he gets the money.

    So why is this a big deal? So he'd rather rehab in Arizona, and he can if he likes, but he'll also be 3 million dollars lighter.
    The media is trying to fan the flames on this story, as usual.
    Revis is not dumb, he’ll show up for the dough.

  11. #31
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post


    LOL
    Dudes were right on this one...

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    I wouldn't call it hardball, or 'holding his feet to the fire' as the author said..I would call it making him honor his damn contract.

    Besides, if they let him stay home that only adds fuel to the potential 'trade me' scenario...and until he is dealt he is a part of the team.

    Only in the NY media, particularly dealing with the NYJ, is making a player honor his contract considered an injustice, a 'cause of friction' or 'big news' worthy of a blog post.
    Agreed the article makes no sense one hand they say he may not want to rehab there to "force" a trade and then they jets might be impacted if he is a bother. he is making 9 mill this year, if he wants to work out with his trainer fine, let them do it in NJ, he can put the guy up in a short term rental for 2 months.

    The jets have every right to have their doctors exam him. But if he wants to rehab under the direction of his own doctor he certainly has that right also.

  13. #33
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post


    LOL

    The ticker below this made me revisit the 2009 draft (top 12 at least) and it is amazing to realize that Sanchez was one of the best players picked in the top of the draft

    1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB
    2 Rams Jason Smith OT
    3 Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE
    4 Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB
    5 Jets Mark Sanchez QB
    6 Bengals Andre Smith OT
    7 Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    8 Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT
    9 Packers B.J. Raji DT
    10 49ers Michael Crabtree WR
    11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE
    12 Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    So stupid. First of all it's in little Daryll's best interest to have a strong showing, so as to prove TO WHATEVER TEAM that he is healthy.

    Second, this is basically an NFL franchise telling a small-winded malcontent that, yes, son, you have to stick to your contract. A non news item in any other city.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    In my mind, I think Revis would want to attend these workouts. Show that he is healthy so he can start to collect trade interest and money
    You have demonstrated a lack of understandings how the self centered mind of MEVIS works.

    He cares nothing about logic or what you or I think is good.

    He is SELFSH.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    If the Jets hold firm on the voluntary workout requirement, I wonder how long and fast Revis will pedal that bike? And given the anti holdout clause I look forward to seeing what endurance record he breaks on that bike come regular season. Game 7? 8?
    Agreed, he has acted like a petulant child in training camp before. However, if he was to suffer "hamstring issues" until the November trade deadline, I think it would damage his ability to sign a mega contract in the off season. Teams will want to know that he is healthy and that he can perform at the highest level. If he suddenly returns to form after the trading deadline I think it would negatively impact his ability to sign a record breaking contract as an unrestricted free agent. He would be perceived as a higher risk investment and too unpredictable to be worth 15+ million a year.

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis would never have agreed to the last contract without the "no franchise tag" after 2013 clause in int.

    Tannenbaum did his best, and the "no holdout" clause + 3 years really helps the Jets right now and before. Revis was hinting of holding out, and IMO would have had it not been for that clause, last year even.

    Idzik can only play with what he has. Don't expect any huge contracts like this in the near future, for anyone.

    Revis will be gone, and the Jets will have an extra 1, 3 and 6 at the very least, according the the last statement put out.

    At this point, I just want all of this to be over.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    If the Jets hold firm on the voluntary workout requirement, I wonder how long and fast Revis will pedal that bike? And given the anti holdout clause I look forward to seeing what endurance record he breaks on that bike come regular season. Game 7? 8?
    Right. Because that'll really help him get that big contract after suffering a season-ending knee injury.

    I know you're just trolling, but do you think before you post?

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of this drama is so tiresome. I just wish it would be over. If they aren't going to trade him, just come out and say it. Tired of it all.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    The ticker below this made me revisit the 2009 draft (top 12 at least) and it is amazing to realize that Sanchez was one of the best players picked in the top of the draft

    1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB
    2 Rams Jason Smith OT
    3 Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE
    4 Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB
    5 Jets Mark Sanchez QB
    6 Bengals Andre Smith OT
    7 Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    8 Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT
    9 Packers B.J. Raji DT
    10 49ers Michael Crabtree WR
    11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE
    12 Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB
    If you had to rank those 12 he sadly would probably be sixth.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us