Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MetLife grossed $12.3M tonight with Wrestlemania

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so true.

"As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species."
    Be careful, you will get banned for calling out so many of the posters with one post.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Be careful, you will get banned for calling out so many of the posters with one post.
    LOL...names were not mentioned.

Please, It is not a guy thing. it is a kid thing. Some kids just don't grow up. My kids are 9 years apart and I was subjected to it twice.
    Ah yes, it was just kids filling MetLife for Wrestlemania. They saved up their earnings from lemonade stands in order to snap up the prime seats.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Understood, but to me personally I don't understand how people enjoy reality TV or wrestling. I don't get it.
    Ditto. I LOVED wrestling it in the 80s, of course I was also the ages of 1-10 during that decade lol. And at least they didn't have all the forced back-stage stories of today back then.

Please, It is not a guy thing. it is a kid thing. Some kids just don't grow up. My kids are 9 years apart and I was subjected to it twice.
    THIS

LOL...so true.

"As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species."
    This is honestly one of the truest things I have ever, ever read on JI.

LOL...so true.

Get over yourself. Anyone trying to judge the intelligence of a person over what they choose as entertainment is pretentious. I'm sure there are so called "intelligent" people who view football the same way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ah yes, it was just kids filling MetLife for Wrestlemania. They saved up their earnings from lemonade stands in order to snap up the prime seats.
    maybe your hero Timmy should consider a WWE career next....Dwayne Johnson couldn't play worth a damn as a professional football player either and was a smash in scripted Rasslin'

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Wrestlemania at MetLife Stadium tonight apparently raked in the dough!

http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wr...a-29-1.5024714
    Meanwhile, that night's episode of Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo had zero viewers tune in.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 04-08-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Imagine if they had put a roof on the new stadium. They could have events like this, NCAA tournament, concerts, etc year round.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfanbc77 View Post
    Imagine if they had put a roof on the new stadium. They could have events like this, NCAA tournament, concerts, etc year round.
    Yeah, but we wouldn't have the wind gusts that actually help Sanchez's passes occasionally get blown right to our WRs!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    maybe your hero Timmy should consider a WWE career next....Dwayne Johnson couldn't play worth a damn as a professional football player either and was a smash in scripted Rasslin'

And maybe you should consider trying to study real hard so that you can finally graduate from high school ?

Run along now little one and leave the conversation to the adults.

What TV shows do you watch? Wrestling is no different. It's entertainment.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And maybe you should consider trying to study real hard so that you can finally graduate from high school ?

Run along now little one and leave the conversation to the adults.
    Stop with your insults. namecalling and personal attacks

Thanks

Is Ivan Putski still around?

Red face Ahh

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The day after Christmas 1986, my dad took a buddy and I to MSG for an event w/ the main event being Hogan vs Kamala. it was just awesome.

I have great childhood memories from wrestling as it was a huge part of my life for a few years.
    The good ole days. Glad your dad took you out to a wrestling event. Wish I had those moments with my dad. Oh well, here's to givin our children what our fathers may have missed out on. I was a Macho Man Randy Savage kinda fan and Ricky the Dragon Steamboat on the other wrestling channel. Wonder why I stopped watching wrestling? My GiJoe's would wrestle. Here's to entertainment. Here's to the Jets and hope for draft success.