Thread: Everyone will freak out when we select Margus Hunt

Jets Insider VIP

Everyone will freak out when we select Margus Hunt

at pick no. 9

I just feel it.. a total Jets type move. But, who knows...maybe he will turn into a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    at pick no. 9

I just feel it.. a total Jets type move. But, who knows...maybe he will turn into a stud.
    Idzik should be fired, if he does this.

All League

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

You really think that Idzik is going to start off his career by taking an extremely raw, 26 year old rookie in the Top 10?

He might as well resign right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

You really think that Idzik is going to start off his career by taking an extremely raw, 26 year old rookie in the Top 10?

yeah Hunt in the second is alright but at #9 is insane

Crazy talk now, but maybe not come draft time.
    I don't see such fantastic value at 9 that I'd totally dismiss Hunt...
    Every year some guy (Bruce Irvin) flies up draft boards.

I also think Hunt's value to the Jets will hinge on whether he can play 3-4 OLB at times for them.

I think the Pick is Austin.

All Pro
    I think this is ridiculous. Hunt over Ansah, Jordan, Jones, Mingo, even Werner... nah. One of those guys will be available. Hunt is a second rounder. Hunt would be a consideration if the Jets plan to take Warmack or Cooper in Rd. 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I am really not even a fan of taking him in the second round. I dont like the age combined with still being raw. Especially considering that the second round is filled with guys who come in and start right away.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I think the Pick is Austin.
    Nice try.

Hunt @ 9 hey? Well... SEA has been known for taking some real long shots in the first. This would a little much though. I do like Hunt, a lot. but 9? ehhh probably not.

All Pro
    SI's Don Banks and NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah are guessing Belli will take him in the first

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20..._englan_2.html

Due to the considerable depth at receiver that should last well into the second round, many experts believe that the Patriots will choose to add a pass rusher in the first round. And of those, several analysts, including Sports Illustratedís Don Banks, believe that Bill Belichick will bite on SMU defensive end Margus Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Crazy talk now, but maybe not come draft time.
    I don't see such fantastic value at 9 that I'd totally dismiss Hunt...
    Every year some guy (Bruce Irvin) flies up draft boards.

I also think Hunt's value to the Jets will hinge on whether he can play 3-4 OLB at times for them.
    lol I remember calling Irvin the guy I wanted in the 1st and it never went over well. He was a solid OLB that could cover and I still say that is a skill we need to beat the Pats. He wasn't the sexy sack machine but was one of the better OLBs in that one. On a side note that is one reason why I like our new GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets haven't had a reach like that since Nugent.

Not worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The Jets haven't had a reach like that since Nugent.

Not worried about it.
    Forget about Mark Sanchez already? Dont care what anyone says at this point we reached big on that one. Vlad was kinda a reach as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Forget about Mark Sanchez already? Dont care what anyone says at this point we reached big on that one. Vlad was kinda a reach as well.
    Both went pretty much were the majority thought they would go. Would love to see any major mock that didnt have Mark within the top 15. And even still picking a qb at 6 such as Sanchez isn't even in the same ballpark as picking Hunt.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 04-08-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Both went pretty much were the majority thought they would go. Would love to see any major mock that didnt have Mark within the top 15.

I didnt even have him in the 1st much less top 15. I know there was a lot who figured Seattle to take him but they showed no real interest. Other then us Washington and TB where the only teams that showed any interest and TB was clearly not high on him. Never bought Washington either as Campbell actually looked good the year prior. We where duped that year and Tanny out thought himself. It was a huge push IMO. It would be like trading up this year for Nessib. Just so Buff doesnt get him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I didnt even have him in the 1st much less top 15. I know there was a lot who figured Seattle to take him but they showed no real interest. Other then us Washington and TB where the only teams that showed any interest and TB was clearly not high on him. Never bought Washington either as Campbell actually looked good the year prior. We where duped that year and Tanny out thought himself. It was a huge push IMO. It would be like trading up this year for Nessib. Just so Buff doesnt get him.
    I hear ya but when I hear reach I think 15 plus picks b4 where most projected said player. Little doubt in my mind that Mark would have gone top 10 that year.

Both went pretty much were the majority thought they would go. Would love to see any major mock that didnt have Mark within the top 15. And even still picking a qb at 6 such as Sanchez isn't even in the same ballpark as picking Hunt.
    Absolutely

I hear ya but when I hear reach I think 15 plus picks b4 where most projected said player. Little doubt in my mind that Mark would have gone top 10 that year.
    For all the talk on how I love this QB class I wouldnt trade up to get one. When we drafted Sanchez it seemed more like we took him because someone else wanted him. Rex's comments on his work out was no better then what he said about Freemen. I was mad as heck when we traded up and didnt take Crabby or Raji for a player that would have likely fallen anyway. I mean I get it QB and all but never thought he was worth a top ten pick in the least. We took him simple because we thought Washington wanted him and he was a name we could sell. That pick was all Tanny IMO.