Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guard Peterman visiting Jets

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'd rather Colon at LG and Peterman at RG than Colon at RG and Ducasse at LG.
    +1.. Anyone but King Ugly.. Sign this beast

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The purpose of signing these type of guys is so you don't need to reach for a guy on draft day. Kind of surprised as Detroit/Dallas runs a one on one power scheme and the jets a ZBS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I'd rather Colon at LG and Peterman at RG than Colon at RG and Ducasse at LG.
    Agreed. Get Ducasse out of the rotation altogether. The only person he should be backing up is Biz Markie on Yo Gabba Gabba:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Agreed. Get Ducasse out of the rotation altogether. The only person he should be backing up is Biz Markie on Yo Gabba Gabba:

Ducasse doesn't look bad. But the rest of our O-Line is a bit strange...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Peterman is a decent stopgap.

With the Colon signing, I'm wondering if Idzik with shy away from drafting a Guard in the first 3 rounds.
    Would be a huge mistake

If we want to pass on Warmack/Cooper in the 1st round, then that's fine.

But we should absolutely take an OG in the 2nd/3rd like Justin Pugh, Barrett Jones, Kyle Long, Dallas Thomas, or Brian Winters.

Colon can't stay healthy to save his life and Peterman is a 30+ year old, mediocre at best starter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone is an improvement over Ducasse.

In other news, saw that Matthew Mulligan (remember him) signed with GB- is that all they can afford after paying Rodgers?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Don't be lazy, post more background info. No one knows this dude from a bar of soap
    Peterman. Guard Peterman. Who names their child Guard??????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Ducasse doesn't look bad. But the rest of our O-Line is a bit strange...
    The better to confuse defensive linemen with. If you can't outplay them...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I think he was just referring to the standard medical clearance. I looked it up and didn't see any injury news about him since 2011.

This is more concerning:

"Lions informed RG Stephen Peterman of his release. The move clears $3.2 million in salary cap space. Peterman started every game at right guard for the cap-strapped Lions in each of the last three years. But he's 31, was owed $2.65 million in base salary, and allowed a league-high (among guards) 36 quarterback hurries in 2012."

Stafford threw the ball 727 times last year and the Lions were behind most of the time so not too surprising he would lead in QB hurries!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to draft a guard in the first round to find a Pro Bowl player. There has literally been a handful of guards taken in the 1st round over the past 10 years. Most teams find starting guards in rounds 3-5 and the guard pool is so deep this year that the Jets can find a quality starter in those rounds. It's all about finding the guy who fits your system.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Is this a delayed April Fools joke? This guy makes Big Vlad sound like John Hannah.
    LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Stephen Peterman leaving Jets without a deal. Sources tell me the team made a contract offer, but the parties could not agree to terms.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Stephen Peterman leaving Jets without a deal. Sources tell me the team made a contract offer, but the parties could not agree to terms.
    Fine, eff you then, Guard.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 04-08-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, we couldn't sign a 31 year old guard? I wonder if Idzik is leaving cap room for another acquisition as we are about 6m from the cap assuming we trade Revis and the rookie pool at around 2.5m. Roster wise, I have to believe we will sign a Safety, TE or OL before the draft as there are a number of older FA players looking for small contracts just to play this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    isn't moore about the same age as peterman? if so can moore be brought back or is he just damaged goods?

i think one of the real problems with the oline is that they've been getting jerked around with regard to blocking schemes. do they have to dominate run blocking? pass blocking? few teams can dominate both and if sanchez doesn't do his job by either avoiding the rush or making the pass completion then they could have hannah, herman, hill, mangold and dbrick and they wouldn't look very good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure this is such a bad thing...

Although he didn't specifically mention Peterman, general manager Martin Mayhew was critical of the interior pressure allowed by the Lions' offensive line last season. According to football analytics website Pro Football Focus, Peterman allowed more quarterback pressure than any starting guard during the 2012 season.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...will_rele.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess he didn't get the memo about the lack of money in FA this year. If someone offers you - a marginal starting player - a contract, you take it. There is not going to be more money later. Slauson is younger and better, yet he took a 1 year deal for cheap. Peterman needs to get real, or retire.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    why does something have to be wrong with him...he is called a free agent...he would be a solid starter.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What was wrong with him?

I'm all for finding these guys who's price tag has come down on account of injury, but I'm not sure I want a whole team of them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like hot garbage pass

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despite the fact that we need alot of help on the OLine, I trust that the front office is on the ball.