Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guard Peterman visiting Jets

Guard Peterman visiting Jets

Thoughts?

It's challenging to.gauge a guard via stats

Don't be lazy, post more background info. No one knows this dude from a bar of soap

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Don't be lazy, post more background info. No one knows this dude from a bar of soap
    Peterman? I bought the Urban Sombrero from his catalog....

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post

"Peterman would replace Brandon Moore at right guard if everything medically checks out and the Jets sign him."

So that would mean Colon starts at LG and Moore at RG? Well, if we do sign him we won't go into the draft desperate to draft a starting caliber guard.

Peterman is a decent stopgap.

With the Colon signing, I'm wondering if Idzik with shy away from drafting a Guard in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    Woody believes!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    "Peterman would replace Brandon Moore at right guard if everything medically checks out and the Jets sign him."

So that would mean Colon starts at LG and Moore at RG? Well, if we do sign him we won't go into the draft desperate to draft a starting caliber guard.
    What was wrong with him?

I'm all for finding these guys who's price tag has come down on account of injury, but I'm not sure I want a whole team of them.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What was wrong with him?

I'm all for finding these guys who's price tag has come down on account of injury, but I'm not sure I want a whole team of them.
    Jets Training Camp. Revis is missing, of course:

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    What was wrong with him?

I think he was just referring to the standard medical clearance. I looked it up and didn't see any injury news about him since 2011.

This is more concerning:

"Lions informed RG Stephen Peterman of his release. The move clears $3.2 million in salary cap space. Peterman started every game at right guard for the cap-strapped Lions in each of the last three years. But he's 31, was owed $2.65 million in base salary, and allowed a league-high (among guards) 36 quarterback hurries in 2012."

Banned
    I don't think signing this guy changes anything as far as who we draft. He provides depth at a position where we have none.

I think he was just referring to the standard medical clearance. I looked it up and didn't see any injury news about him since 2011.

This is more concerning:

"Lions informed RG Stephen Peterman of his release. The move clears $3.2 million in salary cap space. Peterman started every game at right guard for the cap-strapped Lions in each of the last three years. But he's 31, was owed $2.65 million in base salary, and allowed a league-high (among guards) 36 quarterback hurries in 2012."
    Is this a delayed April Fools joke? This guy makes Big Vlad sound like John Hannah.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

With the Colon signing, I'm wondering if Idzik with shy away from drafting a Guard in the first 3 rounds.
    Probably not. I am sure Idzik is just bringing in some options in case the draft may not fall the way they think. Signing this guy Peterman in no way shape or form will change the Jets draft philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I don't think signing this guy changes anything as far as who we draft. He provides depth at a position where we have none.
    Exactly, a cheap vet who could start if need be. The Jets could still draft one of the top OG's early for all we know.

I'd rather Colon at LG and Peterman at RG than Colon at RG and Ducasse at LG.

This is more concerning:

True but the year before that he was one of the better pass blockers. Which leads me to believe that Detroit had issues all over their offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

If Peterman signs he may not draft a guard at all. The organization, for whatever reason, proved last year that they STILL love Ducasse and if Peterman signs that would likely be your three guard rotation. Add a third OT and maybe a back-up C and there's your 7 or 8 man line.

All Pro
    An experienced, serviceable veteran who will come cheap.

Plus, was cut by the Lions so fits the Idzik tactic of signing decent players who won't impact on comp picks for our FA losses.

Bring him on board.

In the event that we sign this guy, why would you change your outlook of BAP in the draft? If Peterman signs, then when the draft comes around and Warmack is there for the taking, I say take him. If nothing else, we have a great young player on the team and some already established backups/depth.