Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of generator / Korean car should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetset21 View Post
    Can't tell if this is a serious question but I just got a 2012 kia Optima SX and I absolutely love it. Its got a turbo 2.0 liter with 274 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, it really gets up and goes.

Bought mine used with 17577 miles on it. Certified pre-owned though so it still has the ten year warranty. Paid $24500 out the door. Has every feature you can imagine. Push-start/proximity key, dual sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, infinity speaker system, bluetooth, nav, etc... It even has a cooled glove box to keep drinks cold on a road trip. Also highest safety score possible from both govt and insurance safety institute.
    those 274 hp are worth jack **** when you're on the highway, they are so damn slow they impeded traffic.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    You need to spend less time in the Polidick forum and more time here, 'cause...

LOL

Can't tell if this is a serious question but I just got a 2012 kia Optima SX and I absolutely love it. Its got a turbo 2.0 liter with 274 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, it really gets up and goes.

Bought mine used with 17577 miles on it. Certified pre-owned though so it still has the ten year warranty. Paid $24500 out the door. Has every feature you can imagine. Push-start/proximity key, dual sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, infinity speaker system, bluetooth, nav, etc... It even has a cooled glove box to keep drinks cold on a road trip. Also highest safety score possible from both govt and insurance safety institute.

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing and this was far and away the car that offered the most for the money. Take it for a test drive and I think you'll be surprised at just how nice it is.
    It wasn't - kind of a long story but this is good to know. Both Kia and Hyundai have really been stepping it up in the looks department as well, particularly the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    those 274 hp are worth jack **** when you're on the highway, they are so damn slow they impeded traffic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    offspring of PSY and Uncle Fester

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    You need to spend less time in the Polidick forum and more time here, 'cause...

Actually my first sentence is 100% spot on. Our car industry is laughable.
    2nd sentence obviously tongue in cheek.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Bought mine used with 17577 miles on it. Certified pre-owned though so it still has the ten year warranty. Paid $24500 out the door.

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing and this was far and away the car that offered the most for the money. Take it for a test drive and I think you'll be surprised at just how nice it is.
    For $24,500 you could have leased a well-equipped BMW 328i for 6 years.

So instead of being in 2 consecutive brand new BMW's you'll instead be in 1 seven year old Kia for the same time period. The money you'll get back at the end of the Kia's life would be offset by the money you'd have made by keeping that $24,500 invested.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

So instead of being in 2 consecutive brand new BMW's you'll instead be in 1 seven year old Kia for the same time period. The money you'll get back at the end of the Kia's life would be offset by the money you'd have made by keeping that $24,500 invested.

SAR I
    BMW, particularly a leased 3 series, hasn't been a status symbol in two decades, chimp.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    BMW, particularly a leased 3 series, hasn't been a status symbol in two decades, chimp.
    Words like" chimp" are the type that fill mods in boxes with PM's

Please adjust accordingly

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This reminds me of when Howard Stern had a roasted chicken hanging off a fishing pole in the face of some guy he was interviewing who lost 300 some odd pounds. lol

channel 9 show, richard simmons. classic

I also cant tell the degree of seriousness but for what its worth:
    1. If you need a really good, QUIET inexpensive generator check out Kippor. I have one on my boat and it has run, well, like a honda for 3/5 the price

2. I had a new hyundai excel for many years.....ran up 140k miles without a single cough

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    I am young (24) and I covered most of the cost with savings and graduation money. I'll have it paid off in 2 years. I'm not set in a career yet so leasing isn't viable for me. I plan to keep this car for many years so being covered by warranty until 2022 is great peace of mind. BMW's need premium gas, cost twice as much to insure as the kia and are rated as one of the least reliable car companies.

I researched it and it wasn't worth the cost for me.

All League

mods in boxes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Kias and Hyundais are both very good automobiles

People in Philadelphia love em to death

Jets Insider VIP

how about "mid-level primate"?

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    how about "mid-level primate"?
    I don't usually stick up for SG3 but that crosses the line.

Jets Insider VIP

Happily, but wow. “Chimp" was PM-worthy? Talk about thin skin. I'll back off because now I just feel sad for the guy.

Happily, but wow. “Chimp" was PM-worthy? Talk about thin skin. I'll back off because now I just feel sad for the guy.
    He called me a twink. Does his feelings hurting know no bounds?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    He called me a twink. Does his feelings hurting know no bounds?!?
    Take it to PM's, twink.

Jets Insider VIP
    Take it to PM's, twink.
    Hey...there are people behind these keyboards with real feelings...Massengale...

...is Twink short for Twinkie?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Hey...there are people behind these keyboards with real feelings...Massengale...

...is Twink short for Twinkie?
    It's Massengill TwinkleToes....