Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of generator / Korean car should I buy?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Question What kind of generator / Korean car should I buy?

Looking for all kinds of advice from anyone....even from new posters.

Common now, don't be shy

All League
    I hear Hitachi makes womans vibrators.

If they can make a woman cvm, then they should be more than good enough for powering your home and getting from point A to point B.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

This reminds me of when Howard Stern had a roasted chicken hanging off a fishing pole in the face of some guy he was interviewing who lost 300 some odd pounds. lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Common now, don't be shy
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This reminds me of when Howard Stern had a roasted chicken hanging off a fishing pole in the face of some guy he was interviewing who lost 300 some odd pounds. lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

-

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I hear Hitachi makes womans vibrators.

If they can make a woman cvm, then they should be more than good enough for powering your home and getting from point A to point B.
    Hitachi is Japanese; their price point rubs people the wrong way.

Definitely don't buy a North Korean one unless its a Type O Dong.

Buy a Hyundai (they're Korean).

Just don't tell GMC/Nike.

i just bought a brand new Kia.

it use it both as a means of transportation AND as a generator.

try doing that with an Audi.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why can't some US automakers, like GMC, have a 100k warranty like fine automakers like Hyndai? They truly stand behind their vehicles.

They are fast too - when you see them on the highway, best to move over a lane.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Subaru makes some nice lil compact pull start generators you can carry by hand 100feet.

Why can't some US automakers, like GMC, have a 100k warranty like fine automakers like Hyndai? They truly stand behind their vehicles.

No warranty because U.S.autos stink.
    Hold off on Korean cars with a potentail war starting. Hard on parts replacement as Toyota owners found out after the tsunami.

I bought a Champion generator a few years back… it’s a copy of a Honda from what I heard and it runs fine, no issues at all.
    Think it might be Chinese. There were some models that were blowing up at one time, so you gotta just research to ensure yours isn’t one of them… mine isn’t.

Here’s my advice for the car - If you just want a well-made car for not a lot of money that you don’t plan on ever selling and you aren’t scared of being labeled a geezer… then buy a 2-3 year old Ford Taurus, nice/roomy and powerful… They ride nicer than Caddy’s imo… Ford makes a solid V6, 200K miles is not a problem… they depreciate like crazy the first few years, so good deals are to be had if you are patient.

If you are looking for a smaller car, than take a look at the Mazda 3… fun car, dependable, reasonably priced and made in Japan and with a hatch, you might be able to fit the generator in the back… 

The 100K mile warranty is nice, but unless you drive an exotic, 100K really isn’t a lot of miles for today’s vehicles.

Hall Of Fame

100k on my Camaro, but prolly cuz its made in Canadia, where workers actually work.

Well.

Jets Insider VIP

Common now, don't be shy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post

The best of both worlds.

Plus they make *****in' pianos too...go figure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Hold off on Korean cars with a potentail war starting. Hard on parts replacement as Toyota owners found out after the tsunami.
    You need to spend less time in the Polidick forum and more time here, 'cause...

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    luckily, i'm still young enough so i don't require a hard on parts replacement for the time being.

All League
    The best of both worlds.

Plus they make *****in' pianos too...go figure.
    But do they also make womans vibrators?

Didn't I see Things on a Hyundai vibrator scooter recently?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

Definitely don't buy a North Korean one unless its a Type O Dong.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Tee hee, every pic with that illegitimate offspring of PSY and Uncle Fester can't help but bring the LOLz

the generals with the French army surplus hats are a bonus

Can't tell if this is a serious question but I just got a 2012 kia Optima SX and I absolutely love it. Its got a turbo 2.0 liter with 274 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, it really gets up and goes.

Bought mine used with 17577 miles on it. Certified pre-owned though so it still has the ten year warranty. Paid $24500 out the door. Has every feature you can imagine. Push-start/proximity key, dual sunroof, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, infinity speaker system, bluetooth, nav, etc... It even has a cooled glove box to keep drinks cold on a road trip. Also highest safety score possible from both govt and insurance safety institute.

I did a lot of research prior to purchasing and this was far and away the car that offered the most for the money. Take it for a test drive and I think you'll be surprised at just how nice it is.