Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thatcher Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Big deal, the internet is full of wise-asses.
    You're right there, but there are some politicians out here who I don't like, but if they passed away I wouldn't be celebrating it like I've just found a million dollar note.

I knew they didn't like her, but I didn't realise how loathed she was until the last few days.

As you know I'm a Liverpool supporter - they are even talking about doing a Westboro Church protest thing at her funeral, which is something Britain has never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Reaction from Liverpool, probably the area (outside of Ireland) impacted most by her regime can really be summed up in this post on the RAWK website:

"The day has arrived.

Margaret Thatcher was a hideous, loathsome Prime Minister who had no compassion for the poor, for the unemployed who she made redundant through de-industrialisation and saw the collapse of British manufacturing. My God, Britain was once the workshop of the world. She reduced that workshop to rubble.

You know why we have all these unregulated banks, and these fatcat bankers who gambled on the stock market, you know why the housing market bubble was unregulated (and we have a housing crisis now as money from Right-To-Buy never went towards rebuilding social housing) and you know why we have the biggest recession since October 1929 ? Because of Thatcher and her partner in crime Ronald Reagan, who was also a war criminal for what he did in Latin America.

The Poll Tax - oh not even you Maggie could get away with that - a duke or an earl would pay the same as someone on the minimum wage - the entire country was in revolt. Remember General Pinochet, the cruel Chilean dictator, that neo-fascist tyrant ? Thatcher was an ardent supporter of him.

All those celebrities who now are pouring out with their sickening tributes - you weren't around when London rioted in 1981, when Liverpool rioted, when Manchester and all those poor urban cities that Thatcher drove into destitution and hopeless. That prat Norman Tebbit said wickedly, and callously to the unemployed 'get on your bike'. Get on your bike to what ? There were NO JOBS.

The mines in South Wales and the North East, the steelworks of Sheffield, textile mills of Lancashire, the docks of Liverpool and the industries this country was built on - all destroyed.

Of course, she didn't understand that it was HER policies driving family after family to alcohol, to drugs, to mental breakdowns, to family separations. She assisted the disgusting coverup of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster which I'll come to and the smearjob of Orgreave. She was hand-in-hand with Rupert Murdoch, (remember Wapping ?), that megalomaniac, and of course The Sun newspaper - that revolting excuse of a newspaper - they were Thatcher's biggest supporters. She believed in the politics of 'ME AND NOW', whereas hard-working British people would rather believe in the politics of 'us and always' - she said there was NO such thing as society - that we should believe in the individual and not the collective community.

And finally, I feel sorry for those who have gone through agony every day, every waking morning because their loved one who attended a football match is no longer with us today, and I feel sorry for those parents, whose children were smeared in the press and were disgustingly lied about by Bernard Ingham, Thatcher's most ardent acolyte and THAT newspaper.

I feel sorry for those in Liverpool who experienced crippling mass unemployment - those families who suffered breakdowns, mental breakdowns, who were driven to drink and drugs because of her nasty brand of politics.

RIP Margaret Thatcher ? No - RIP Thatcherism. The ideology that keeps the poor, poorer."

Link to thread http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...pic=304948.240
    Rubbish!

If my critics saw me walking over the (river) Thames they would say it was because I couldn't swim. Margaret Thatcher

Jets Insider VIP
    You're right there, but there are some politicians out here who I don't like, but if they passed away I wouldn't be celebrating it like I've just found a million dollar note.

I knew they didn't like her, but I didn't realise how loathed she was until the last few days.

As you know I'm a Liverpool supporter - they are even talking about doing a Westboro Church protest thing at her funeral, which is something Britain has never seen before.
    You use this to judge someone? A group of moronic, bigoted bible bangers who picket anything and everything for notoriety is your guage for what is good and bad? That is just sad.

Lots of anarchists and supporters of Soviet styled communist Imperialism in England who will gladly dance on her grave. Post Thatcher at least they can organize under light in heated homes 24 hours a day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Terrible person.
    well, she was no Teddy Kennedy, so there's that.

Jets Insider VIP

stay classy, leftist asswads... STAY CLASSY!

Just like some countries in Europe, They are running out of other peoples money!

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Just like some countries in Europe, They are running out of other peoples money!
    Simplistic no?

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Simplistic no?
    Are you seriously accusing MnJetFan of posting something simplistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    You use this to judge someone? A group of moronic, bigoted bible bangers who picket anything and everything for notoriety is your guage for what is good and bad? That is just sad.
    Woah there, hold your horses - I haven't judged Thatcher once in this thread. I'm just pointing out how divisive she was and is - there are large parts of England that are in celebratory mode right now. Could you say that if a US politician passed away?

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    stay classy, leftist asswads... STAY CLASSY!
    Would indeed be very unclassy - but it is a mark of the "respect" Thatcher has they would even consider it. Accepted chants on football terraces the country over from about half way through her first term in office were "Maggie Maggie Maggie Die Die Die", right up until a few days ago. I'm not talking about an isolated group of people here - there are millions of people who feel this way about Thatcher. Yet you wouldn't know it to read much of the coverage of her passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Lots of anarchists and supporters of Soviet styled communist Imperialism in England who will gladly dance on her grave. Post Thatcher at least they can organize under light in heated homes 24 hours a day.
    Mmmmmm - not really sure about that last claim. If your first sentence is true there must be millions of anarchists and communists in England - admittedly it is by and large more left leaning than the USA but I don't think that is the case.

Margaret Thatcher dead: Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead tops download charts after campaign by late PM's critics
    9 Apr 2013 20:03

The Judy Garland version of the Wizard of Oz song has raced to number 1 on the Amazon charts and number 2 with iTunes users

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead has soared to the top of the download charts after an online campaign by Margaret Thatcher's critics.

The Judy Garland version of the Wizard of Oz song has already raced to number 1 on the Amazon charts and number 2 with iTunes users.

While many mourned the former Prime Minister who died aged 87 yesterday, many others saw her death as a cause for celebration.

The latest figures from the Official Charts Company - which compiles sales from online and high street retailers - are from midnight last night.

Those showed Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead was at number 54, only 12 hours after the death of Baroness Thatcher was announced.

The song, from the 1939 musical, is expected to have climbed much higher when the official midweek sales chart is revealed tomorrow.

Dorothy, played by Garland, the Munchkins and Glinda the Good Witch sing the song as they celebrate the death of the Wicked Witch of the East after Dorothy "dropped a house on her"......

link

Mmmmmm - not really sure about that last claim. If your first sentence is true there must be millions of anarchists and communists in England - admittedly it is by and large more left leaning than the USA but I don't think that is the case.
    Out of the 4 that posted in this thread there is at least 1. Certainly a lot less in England and around the world post Thatcher then pre-Thatcher.

Margaret Thatcher dead: Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead tops download charts after campaign by late PM's critics
    9 Apr 2013 20:03

The Judy Garland version of the Wizard of Oz song has raced to number 1 on the Amazon charts and number 2 with iTunes users

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead has soared to the top of the download charts after an online campaign by Margaret Thatcher's critics.

The Judy Garland version of the Wizard of Oz song has already raced to number 1 on the Amazon charts and number 2 with iTunes users.

While many mourned the former Prime Minister who died aged 87 yesterday, many others saw her death as a cause for celebration.

The latest figures from the Official Charts Company - which compiles sales from online and high street retailers - are from midnight last night.

Those showed Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead was at number 54, only 12 hours after the death of Baroness Thatcher was announced.

The song, from the 1939 musical, is expected to have climbed much higher when the official midweek sales chart is revealed tomorrow.

Dorothy, played by Garland, the Munchkins and Glinda the Good Witch sing the song as they celebrate the death of the Wicked Witch of the East after Dorothy "dropped a house on her"......

link

Perhaps the re-introduction of the new Oz movie affected that?

Woah there, hold your horses - I haven't judged Thatcher once in this thread. I'm just pointing out how divisive she was and is - there are large parts of England that are in celebratory mode right now. Could you say that if a US politician passed away?
    I notice you haven't posted any of the positive comments or obituaries about her. It is as if you are using negative quotes but saying "it isn't me, I am just showing how divisive she was". Divisive means a difference in opinion between two relatively equal groups of people. You post only nasty negative comments as example. You show your true colors. You can not hide behind "they aren't my words".

Stay Classy.

Good thoughts to Margaret Thatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

I'm sure that will perk up her spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I notice you haven't posted any of the positive comments or obituaries about her. It is as if you are using negative quotes but saying "it isn't me, I am just showing how divisive she was". Divisive means a difference in opinion between two relatively equal groups of people. You post only nasty negative comments as example. You show your true colors. You can not hide behind "they aren't my words".

Stay Classy.

Why would I do that? Open up any newspaper and you'll read all the good stuff - as usual there is a disconnect between what the media tells us and how people actually feel. I repeat, have no particular opinion on her whatsoever, but I was really surprised at the depth of feeling her death has exposed.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    My thoughts:

Conservatives (on both sides of the Atlantic) love Thatcher because she cut taxes for the wealthy, re-privatized a lot of industry in England, beat down English unions and had many mean spirited quips for her opponents.

During the 1984 miners’ strike she said that the striking miners were more dangerous to English liberty than the Argentine military. This statement occurred just after the defeat of Argentina in the Falkland’s war.

She also stood by and did not negotiate with the IRA regarding Bobby Sands and the long Kesh hunger strikers in 1981. 10 of them starved to death.

To be "shocked & outraged" that a leader who showed zero diplomacy towards her 'enemies' while she was in power and then gets very little in return at her death seems very nave to me.

ps

Liverpool also has a large population of ethnic Irish folks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Did anyone see the fake Brit-punk band on SNL last night? Pretty funny regarding Thatcher.