Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thatcher Dead

Thatcher Dead

Outside of an actual dictator probably the most divisive leader any country has had in my lifetime. Not a Limey myself but many over there are celebrating her death as if they've won the lottery. There is a move to take this tune to the top of the British charts in coming weeks (check out some of the comments by going to the actual link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg
    Last edited by Soberphobia; 04-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Great woman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Outside of an actual dictator probably the most divisive leader any country has had in my lifetime. Not a Limey myself but many over there are celebrating her death as if they've won the lottery. There is a move to take this tune to the top of the British charts in coming weeks (check out some of the comments by going to the actual link):
    So who in your great Aussie wisdom was a good leader?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

many over there are celebrating her death as if they've won the lottery.
    Of course they are...have you seen what that country has turned into?

A pathetic shadow of their former selves, they are now but a muslim breeding ground being overun by PC pandering and spineless surrender to the hordes.

And we are right behind them.

-

Soberphobia? Fear of sobriety?

That reminds me of when I was in the USAF stationed in England and Margaret Thatcher was the PM. The only people who didn't like her were the miserable alcoholics - and there were a lot of them. The Social Democrats (SDP) were the worst.

In my book she's awesome!

http://www.81sps.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

A pathetic shadow of their former selves, they are now but a muslim breeding ground being overun by PC pandering and spineless surrender to the hordes.

-
    Sad but true. Our kids have it in the crosshairs of their lives.

You and me....meh, we'll be dead in 25 or 30.

Thoughts go out to Tony Stark.

Hall Of Fame

-
    we have a lot of land

they are truly f*ed

All Pro
    another Black Dearth (of Knowledge) gem

the reverse is true - Thatcher was one of the greatest leaders in UK history

giants of our times pass, losers piss on their graves, what else is new

-
    Great Britain is the new Long Island?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg
    So divisive she was able to serve as Prime Minister for 11 years in a highly vibrant left leaning democracy and stepped down on her own when politics demanded it. You throw around terms like dictator very loosely. There's a difference between leadership and dictatorship. Thatcher was the former.

Why would anyone care what those celebrating her death think or say? They aren't worth a millisecond of attention.

RIP
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-08-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

Thatcher Dead

Terrible person.

Hall Of Fame

-
    Sad but true.

Maybe Kim Jung-um puts us out of our misery?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Terrible person.
    Honestly, do you know anything about Margaret Thatcher? Serious question.

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Hear, hear

Let me be clear, I don't really have any view on Thatcher, she wasn't my prime-minister - my first post was to show the reaction many have over there to her death. You can call her great, but she was also without doubt extremely divisive - if she wasn't there would not be many many people celebrating her death by popping corks on the proverbial champagne.

Reaction from Liverpool, probably the area (outside of Ireland) impacted most by her regime can really be summed up in this post on the RAWK website:

"The day has arrived.

Margaret Thatcher was a hideous, loathsome Prime Minister who had no compassion for the poor, for the unemployed who she made redundant through de-industrialisation and saw the collapse of British manufacturing. My God, Britain was once the workshop of the world. She reduced that workshop to rubble.

You know why we have all these unregulated banks, and these fatcat bankers who gambled on the stock market, you know why the housing market bubble was unregulated (and we have a housing crisis now as money from Right-To-Buy never went towards rebuilding social housing) and you know why we have the biggest recession since October 1929 ? Because of Thatcher and her partner in crime Ronald Reagan, who was also a war criminal for what he did in Latin America.

The Poll Tax - oh not even you Maggie could get away with that - a duke or an earl would pay the same as someone on the minimum wage - the entire country was in revolt. Remember General Pinochet, the cruel Chilean dictator, that neo-fascist tyrant ? Thatcher was an ardent supporter of him.

All those celebrities who now are pouring out with their sickening tributes - you weren't around when London rioted in 1981, when Liverpool rioted, when Manchester and all those poor urban cities that Thatcher drove into destitution and hopeless. That prat Norman Tebbit said wickedly, and callously to the unemployed 'get on your bike'. Get on your bike to what ? There were NO JOBS.

The mines in South Wales and the North East, the steelworks of Sheffield, textile mills of Lancashire, the docks of Liverpool and the industries this country was built on - all destroyed.

Of course, she didn't understand that it was HER policies driving family after family to alcohol, to drugs, to mental breakdowns, to family separations. She assisted the disgusting coverup of the 1989 Hillsborough Disaster which I'll come to and the smearjob of Orgreave. She was hand-in-hand with Rupert Murdoch, (remember Wapping ?), that megalomaniac, and of course The Sun newspaper - that revolting excuse of a newspaper - they were Thatcher's biggest supporters. She believed in the politics of 'ME AND NOW', whereas hard-working British people would rather believe in the politics of 'us and always' - she said there was NO such thing as society - that we should believe in the individual and not the collective community.

And finally, I feel sorry for those who have gone through agony every day, every waking morning because their loved one who attended a football match is no longer with us today, and I feel sorry for those parents, whose children were smeared in the press and were disgustingly lied about by Bernard Ingham, Thatcher's most ardent acolyte and THAT newspaper.

I feel sorry for those in Liverpool who experienced crippling mass unemployment - those families who suffered breakdowns, mental breakdowns, who were driven to drink and drugs because of her nasty brand of politics.

RIP Margaret Thatcher ? No - RIP Thatcherism. The ideology that keeps the poor, poorer."

Link to thread http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...pic=304948.240

These aren't my own views - I do have strong views on Reagan, but not on Thatcher; given, as someone posted above, Britain isn't really a big world player anymore and hasn't been really since World War 2.

Quotes from the aforementioned thread, never seen the like of this on the death of an ex-world leader of Thatcher's stature:

So we've had an Argentinian Pope for 2 weeks, and Margaret Thatcher dies. Coincidence?
    So the funeral is going to have a lot of people who were "close to" Margaret Thatcher in attendance.

That'll be Bob Mugabe on the plane over then...
    got to say i would go back to going to church if that was the case
    Got the news that the old wench had kicked the bucket and the boss decided to close up 45 minutes early to celebrate. What a lovely day
    What an evil old murderous c***
    This news removes one of the most serious contenders for the old you have one bullet & can get away with one murder question...

I won't rejoice. But I won't lie, it's better this way.
    ''And if anyone is inclined to remind me that one should not speak ill of the dead, let me remind them that she had nothing good to say about us while she was alive.''
    Scum - evil, evil scum
    The sun seems brighter, the air fresher, the world a little better.
    Although its great news the witch is dead, there are people we must feel sorry for.
    I'm gonna start with Satan. He's gonna have to put up with her now.
    The Poll Tax, poverty, record unemployment, decimation of the working class, being buds with a Chilean Mass murderer, conning people into a war.

In Ireland she's despised for her stance in Northern Ireland, she sent twelve men to their deaths over a technicality and did not bat an eyelid.

This world has hardly seen a person so maniacal and cold.
    Far from it, it was bad enough where i live (sw england) but all my relatives are from the welsh valleys and she destroyed that community and it still hasn't recovered to this day. ******* ***** was only there to line the pockets of the rich without an iota of compassion or empathy for anyone apart from her hooray henry sychophants. She was a despicable human being, not top tier like hitler and stalin but nestled comfortably in the second tier.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Honestly, do you know anything about Margaret Thatcher? Serious question.
    You really should change the batteries in your sarcasm detector whenever you change you clocks

Undrafted Free Agent
    RIP to the Iron Lady as she and Ronald Reagan helped to alter world history forever!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quotes from the aforementioned thread, never seen the like of this on the death of an ex-world leader of Thatcher's stature:
    Big deal, the internet is full of wise-asses.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You really should change the batteries in your sarcasm detector whenever you change you clocks
    See?