Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEST and WORST case scenarios with 3 picks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

BEST and WORST case scenarios with 3 picks

So based on the news today, it's sounding like we'll probably end up trading Revis (sigh) and getting #13.

With that in mind, what would be your best case scenario, and worst?

Best:

#9 -- Star Lotulelei - DT
    #13 -- Tyler Eifert - TE
    #39 -- Damontre Moore - OLB

(Ok I'll cheat) option B

#9 -- Jarvis Jones OLB
    #13 -- Jonathan Cooper OG
    #39 -- Matt Elam - S

...I think there's plenty depth to address RB/WR later on.

Worst case:

#9 -- T. Austin WR
    #13 -- B. Mingo OLB
    #39 -- M. Barkley QB

...I might not survive the weekend.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    So based on the news today, it's sounding like we'll probably end up trading Revis (sigh) and getting #13.

With that in mind, what would be your best case scenario, and worst?

Best:

#9 -- Star Lotulelei - DT
    #13 -- Tyler Eifert - TE
    #39 -- Damontre Moore - OLB

(Ok I'll cheat) option B

#9 -- Jarvis Jones OLB
    #13 -- Jonathan Cooper OG
    #39 -- Matt Elam - S

...I think there's plenty depth to address RB/WR later on.

Worst case:

#9 -- T. Austin WR
    #13 -- B. Mingo OLB
    #39 -- M. Barkley QB

...I might not survive the weekend.
    My love for Austin notwithstanding...replace Barkley with a guy like Warford, Elam or Ertz and I'd say that's a decent haul.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we got the 13th pick I would still try and trade down from 9 most likely. However if we are held to 9, 13, 39

9) Jarvis Jones
    13) Cooper or Warmack whoever is still there at that point.
    39) Hope all teams are stupid and DeAndre Hopkins is still there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    9..Jarvis Jones
    13....Eifert
    39....Hopkins

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, haha. If wishes washed dishes!

I wanted to put Hopkins there over Elam but at this rate I just can't imagine him making it to 39. I think we have a better shot at Allen if BAL passes on him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    yes, haha. If wishes washed dishes!

I wanted to put Hopkins there over Elam but at this rate I just can't imagine him making it to 39. I think we have a better shot at Allen if BAL passes on him.
    I would settle for Allen in a heartbeat. I like him better than Patterson.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    what about drafting cooper and warmack?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What news today?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I would settle for Allen in a heartbeat. I like him better than Patterson.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    What news today?
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    He's there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My worst scenario would be:

9...Geno Smith
    13..Patterson
    39..Lacey

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my choice too...but i'd rather have Revis...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both? lol It would be interesting the **** storm that would produce. Jets fans being shown at radio city music hall putting both hands on their heads, Kipper yelling that the Jets don't know what the draft is all about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really like option 1. Enough of the guard BS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Both? lol It would be interesting the **** storm that would produce. Jets fans being shown at radio city music hall putting both hands on their heads, Kipper yelling that the Jets don't know what the draft is all about.
    True..it will be interesting enough if the Jets take a guard 9, let alone one at 9 and 13. Would be a hell of an O line though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    LOL if that's what he meant, then wow... that'd be interesting. One could make an argument that you'd be taking 2 of the safest picks at a position of need.. (and pretty much have the beastiest oline ever)..

but man... the reaction would be legendary. Mayock's head would explode. Jet fans would start a revolution... they'd be flying Idzik out of there in helicopter like at the end of Predator.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno how anyone would say anything negative about Lacy outside of injury or the idea of taking him too high. Think he'll definitely be a star RB in the NFL. His traits are just perfect to translate.

Jarvis Jones will be a solid player in the NFL as well. I wouldn't hate that pick, just understand that he won't be a constant double digit sack guy. His lack of speed ultimately hurts him. (And I could care less about his timed speeds, just going off of what he shows in games)

DaMontre Moore is a waste... Would be pissed if we ended up with him. Too many traits that will hurt him in the NFL. Thought it was comical when the likes of Pauline were talking him up before every scout with a brain started rightfully blasting him. Dion Jordan was the obvious best pass rusher. 20 sack potential. Outside of injury, I put him as a guaranteed double digit sack guy.

If we go QB, I'm just hopeful we go with EJ Manuel. Think his skills best translate to the NFL. Nassib I wouldn't hate, but he's just not going to be a very good NFL QB unless he figures out how to throw a deep ball. Otherwise, he's just another guy like Fitzpatrick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Dunno how anyone would say anything negative about Lacy outside of injury or the idea of taking him too high. Think he'll definitely be a star RB in the NFL. His traits are just perfect to translate.

Jarvis Jones will be a solid player in the NFL as well. I wouldn't hate that pick, just understand that he won't be a constant double digit sack guy. His lack of speed ultimately hurts him. (And I could care less about his timed speeds, just going off of what he shows in games)

DaMontre Moore is a waste... Would be pissed if we ended up with him. Too many traits that will hurt him in the NFL. Thought it was comical when the likes of Pauline were talking him up before every scout with a brain started rightfully blasting him. Dion Jordan was the obvious best pass rusher. 20 sack potential. Outside of injury, I put him as a guaranteed double digit sack guy.

If we go QB, I'm just hopeful we go with EJ Manuel. Think his skills best translate to the NFL. Nassib I wouldn't hate, but he's just not going to be a very good NFL QB unless he figures out how to throw a deep ball. Otherwise, he's just another guy like Fitzpatrick.
    I agree about Lacy. I don't think he is for the Jets at when they will pick but I like him as a back very much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

will be interesting to see if buffalo takes him or if they go for manuel or gino. would be ironic to replace fitz with someone who's compared to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dion Jordan was the obvious best pass rusher. 20 sack potential. Outside of injury, I put him as a guaranteed double digit sack guy..

It seems JI is divided - you're either on Team Jordan, or Team Jones. I'd say you're just as guilty as the Jones lovers - pulling on straws with those kinds of "projections" for Jordan.

how about we do a rookie year sack #s bet. Sig rights on the line?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best

#9 -- Dion Jordan
    #13 -- Cordarrelle Patterson or Kenny Vaccaro
    #39 -- Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins or Matt Elam

Worst

#9 -- Star Lotulelei, Jarvis Jones, Bjoern Werner, Chance Warmack
    #13 -- Tyler Eifert, Jarvis Jones, Damotre Moore, Keenan Allen
    #39 -- Zach Ertz, Ryan Nassib, Mike Glennon, Eddie Lacy