Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets TE Jeff Cumberland signed his one-year RFA tender.

Jets TE Jeff Cumberland signed his one-year RFA tender.

@caplannfl: Jets TE Jeff Cumberland signed his one-year RFA tender.

@RichCimini: TE Jeff Cumberland, a restricted free agent, signed his tender, per the NFL transaction wire -- 1 yr, $1.3 million. #Jets

1.3 for what is the worst TE in the league. I just dont get it. This guys isnt worth league min.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    1.3 for what is the worst TE in the league. I just dont get it. This guys isnt worth league min.
    Lol I think he can surprise this year and Produce similar numbers to Keller ... With a Better yards per catch Average... More Speed

Whatever happened to the Hayden Smith kid out of Australia? He had one reception for 16 yards against San Diego in Week 15. Wonder if the Jets bring him along this offseason and use him this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @caplannfl: Jets TE Jeff Cumberland signed his one-year RFA tender.

@RichCimini: TE Jeff Cumberland, a restricted free agent, signed his tender, per the NFL transaction wire -- 1 yr, $1.3 million. #Jets
    I doubt he replicates a healthy Keller but I think it is the smart move ahead of the draft ... who know how it will play out at this stage ...

The Jets management seem to think differently.

He's a better athlete than Keller and tougher too

6-4 250lb and ran a 4.45 at his pro day. The dude is a physical freak who would have broke out last year if not for having the single worst QB in the entire NFL throwing him the ball. Larry Fitzgerald must suck he had only 800yds receiving last year. Oh wait maybe its the QB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    6-4 250lb and ran a 4.45 at his pro day. The dude is a physical freak who would have broke out last year if not for having the single worst QB in the entire NFL throwing him the ball. Larry Fitzgerald must suck he had only 800yds receiving last year. Oh wait maybe its the QB?
    I agree. I do not understand some of the armchair GMs. They are so positive they know what they are talking about! Oh well, everyone has a right to their opinion!

Fitz wasnt running the wrong route on every play last year and dropping passes like he had hands of stone. On top of that he cant block either. Ill give you OK maybe the QB is partially to blame but Cumby showed nothing last year that makes me think he can be a good TE much less better then Keller.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Scored on J Cumb.

Whatever happened to the TE/HB that was beasting last season, only to get that bad knee injury very early in the season? What was that guys name....

Bingo !!! Give that man a cigar. While Jeff is still a bit raw, the kid has talent, he just need a QB who can get him the ball in space and stride Last year he was a contortionist trying to catch Mark passes.

Cumby has soome major league physical talent. But to be fair to Mark, Jeff made some mental errors and mistakes on some pass routes and blocking assignments last season.

Hey I hope I am just being an ass on this one. I do not want this team to draft a TE in the 1st 4 rounds. Not that I dont like the guys there but I do like some of the TE that will likely go undrafted. I think we we be just fine adding guys like DJ, Pantale, Michael Williams, Joseph Fauria, exc. from this years class. If Cumby does turn out to be good I'd be thrilled. Just think we could have signed him cheaper is all.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Scored on J Cumb.

Whatever happened to the TE/HB that was beasting last season, only to get that bad knee injury very early in the season? What was that guys name....
    Josh Baker, they actually cut him earlier this year. He did seem to play pretty well in his limited action last pre season.

Simple math and Cumby is a home grown, decent TE with potential to improve

Keller signed a one-year contract worth $4.25 million

Cumby signed a one-year contract worth $1.3 million

This is what happens when the "single worst QB in the entire NFL" has a ~17 million cap cost

Welcome to the 2013 Jets

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Whatever happened to the Hayden Smith kid out of Australia? He had one reception for 16 yards against San Diego in Week 15. Wonder if the Jets bring him along this offseason and use him this year.
    I read or heard somewhere that he was beginning to dominate in practice and that we was uncoverable.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Josh Baker, they actually cut him earlier this year. He did seem to play pretty well in his limited action last pre season.
    Thats it. thanks.
    Cut.....oh.

You people who think Cumberland has any type of talent are hilarious

The Jets were/are in salary cap hell and gave Cumberland $1.3M to likely be the No.2 TE to their draftee. It is what it is. He's likely gone after the season along with a bunch of other dead weight players that are sticking around for one final go around.

yeah. let's bring back bect or hartsock. that's just nonsense. keller showed something but not like a first rounder should. he needed to be more like gronkowski or bavarro.

Fitz wasnt running the wrong route on every play last year and dropping passes like he had hands of stone. On top of that he cant block either. Ill give you OK maybe the QB is partially to blame but Cumby showed nothing last year that makes me think he can be a good TE much less better then Keller.