Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Revis Thing Is Ruining My Jet Pre-Draft Vibe...

This Revis Thing Is Ruining My Jet Pre-Draft Vibe...

Every April, I get into my Jet pre-draft mode...
    Doing some research...
    Looking over mock draft sites (like hailredskins.com mock draft database)...
    Trying to get an idea of the "experts" concensus for the best pick for the Jets in the first round at #9...
    You know, planning who the Jets might take, fantasizing about that future all-pro stud in a Jet uniform, like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning...
    But instead, thanks to this "Revis Cloud" hanging over this pre-draft, all the planning, prognosticating, wishing and hoping is really completely moot...
    Is Revis getting traded before the draft?
    What picks will he bring?
    This year's draft of next years?
    If he's traded, do the Jets now need to draft defense even more?
    Are the Jets going to trade up using this years Revis pick (or picks), or trade down and stockpile even more picks?
    Are they going to pick #9 (their pick), or #13 (Buc's pick), both spots, or neither?
    All the present mock drafts are pointless now...
    My enjoyable annual April ritual has been reduced to an April fools...

This is one of the more exciting drafts in years for me. I have a feeling Idzik is on the right path and will help us recover from Tanny. I'm ready for Revis to go.

All Pro
    This is the second offseason Revis and his antics have put a negative vibe on. I'm ready for him to go as well. And I'm ready for him to suck after he goes so maybe the next time a talented but selfish player pulls this crap, teams will finally choose to let them sit and rot rather than take away from waht should be the important stuff.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    I just dont like the idea of losing Revis at all i think he will be fine after the operation and he is the BEST CB in the league and maybe ever...I just want him to be realistic about the money he will get...Idzik is the right guy i think that might be able to talk some sense into Revis...

Or Maybe not...We shall see.

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis-Tampa Bay speculation heating up

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/8...mors-bucs-jets

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Original poster ... Would you rather feel good leading up to the draft or have your team get the best value possible out of this messy situation?

Luckily our new front man is going with the latter option

Ljr

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Revis-Tampa Bay speculation heating up

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/8...mors-bucs-jets
    Love the article. All the pressure is on Tampa Bay. That's Idzik's doing...

As the pressure mounts, the Jets are in a position to get more.

To the OP: make two mocks; one with #9 and another with 9 & 13...
    Double the fun not half.

Hall Of Fame
    I would say there is now a 80% chance he gets traded to Tampa for their 2013 first-round pick.

Yesterday there was a report that they were willing to pay him the $16MM/yr he wants.

I wouldn't mind at all if we turn Revis into a combination of Warmack/Cooper and Austin/Eifert.

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO Idzik has been simply outstanding.

Idzik has begun by simply keeping his mouth shut and being close to the vest made the Jets in control for a change rather than reactive to other teams or in some ways the media.

I would argue this is the best the front office has performed since the Parcell years.

Just great news from SB nation....Thanks sg3

Really all in all.....Quite impressive.

Veteran
    I have to admit that this Revis thing is not ruining my annual pre-draft excitement . Like every Jets fan part of me is pained by the speed of this resolution but the other part (with my brain) realizes that in order to exercise due diligence and execute the most effective path forward, this process has to play out slowly ... at a molasses speed.

What's more it reminds me a little of the excitement when we got the first round compensation pick for Belichick and the two first round picks for Meshawn. The thought of extra picks in the draft is exciting stuff at draft time

Also after the draft is over it is three months to training camp, such a boring time if you don't have a lawn to mow, children to feed or dog poop to pick up on a daily basis.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I have to admit that this Revis thing is not ruining my annual pre-draft excitement . Like every Jets fan part of me is pained by the speed of this resolution but the other part (with my brain) realizes that in order to exercise due diligence and execute the most effective path forward, this process has to play out slowly ... at a molasses speed.

What's more it reminds me a little of the excitement when we got the first round compensation pick for Belichick and the two first round picks for Meshawn. The thought of extra picks in the draft is exciting stuff at draft time

Also after the draft is over it is three months to training camp, such a boring time if you don't have a lawn to mow, children to feed or dog poop to pick up on a daily basis.
    What he said

Jets Insider VIP
    http://www.com/news/story/0ap1000000...il.1st10.Daily

Idzik playing the Bucs like a Stradivarius

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    http://www.com/news/story/0ap1000000...il.1st10.Daily

Idzik playing the Bucs like a Stradivarius
    u mean the bucs the only team that seems to have any interest in revis? they control all of the cards not the jets-dont see any other teams offering anything for revis

one could say the bucs are playing the jets -they know nobody else wants revis with his injury and his demands and is is very publicly known wood wants revis out

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    u mean the bucs the only team that seems to have any interest in revis? they control all of the cards not the jets-dont see any other teams offering anything for revis

one could say the bucs are playing the jets -they know nobody else wants revis with his injury and his demands and is is very publicly known wood wants revis out
    How can you say that when the Bucs went from not wanting to trade a first round pick at all, to giving a first but in 2014, to now willing to give a first this year. Does that sound like a team that is in control of all the cards??
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 04-09-2013 at 09:33 AM.

The Bucs are desperate because they have signed no CB's this off season and Goldson is not going to help cover WR's. If they get Revis, they will have one of the better secondaries in the league and they need it in that division with those QB's. They also know they won't get a Revis type in the draft even if they trade up.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How can you say that when the Bucs went from not wanting to trade a first round pick at all, to giving a first but in 2014, to now willing to give a first this year. Does that sound like a team that is in control of all the cards??
    so why has the deal not been done yet? you are going by hearsay and "insider sources"-we have no idea what has been offered

if the jets were offered a first round pick for this draft and have not done it it makes no sense-

woody does not want revis and nobody but the bucs have even shown interest in revis

bucs can hold tight as the jets keep paying revis millions in roster bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    IMO Idzik has been simply outstanding.

Idzik has begun by simply keeping his mouth shut and being close to the vest made the Jets in control for a change rather than reactive to other teams or in some ways the media.

I would argue this is the best the front office has performed since the Parcell years.

Just great news from SB nation....Thanks sg3

Really all in all.....Quite impressive.
    Leberfeld recently reported that Woody instituted a gag order after the season throughout Florham Park and reiterated the directive at the combine..

Hall Of Fame
    so why has the deal not been done yet? you are going by hearsay and "insider sources"-we have no idea what has been offered

if the jets were offered a first round pick for this draft and have not done it it makes no sense-

woody does not want revis and nobody but the bucs have even shown interest in revis

bucs can hold tight as the jets keep paying revis millions in roster bonus
    What is the rush?? The drat is still a few weeks away and there are no viable starting CBs available in free agency right now.

Not sure where you got that the Jets have been paying Revis millions in roster bonus so far. Thus far he has received a one million dollar bonus which can be recouped from Tampa when they trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What is the rush?? The drat is still a few weeks away and there are no viable starting CBs available in free agency right now.

Not sure where you got that the Jets have been paying Revis millions in roster bonus so far. Thus far he has received a one million dollar bonus which can be recouped from Tampa when they trade him.
    rush is only bucs want him and they may come to their senses-if jets were offered a first for him this year they should have done the deal already

jets will have paid revis over 3 million soon in bonus and tampa aint paying that back to the jets

Hall Of Fame
    rush is only bucs want him and they may come to their senses-if jets were offered a first for him this year they should have done the deal already

jets will have paid revis over 3 million soon in bonus and tampa aint paying that back to the jets
    Explain. Thus far he has been pain one million dollars. He doesnt get another million until after workouts in May.