Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Revis Thing Is Ruining My Jet Pre-Draft Vibe...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Every April, I get into my Jet pre-draft mode...
    Doing some research...
    Looking over mock draft sites (like hailredskins.com mock draft database)...
    Trying to get an idea of the "experts" concensus for the best pick for the Jets in the first round at #9...
    You know, planning who the Jets might take, fantasizing about that future all-pro stud in a Jet uniform, like a kid looking forward to Christmas morning...
    But instead, thanks to this "Revis Cloud" hanging over this pre-draft, all the planning, prognosticating, wishing and hoping is really completely moot...
    Is Revis getting traded before the draft?
    What picks will he bring?
    This year's draft of next years?
    If he's traded, do the Jets now need to draft defense even more?
    Are the Jets going to trade up using this years Revis pick (or picks), or trade down and stockpile even more picks?
    Are they going to pick #9 (their pick), or #13 (Buc's pick), both spots, or neither?
    All the present mock drafts are pointless now...
    My enjoyable annual April ritual has been reduced to an April fools...
    One of those site's from the redskin blog has the following Jet/Buc scenerio..

The Trade

What was exchanged in the big trade? Basically, its two separate trades:

1) Jets and Bucs swap 1st round picks.
    - Jets get #13 overall, and a 2013 3rd round pick(#87)
    - Bucs get the 9th overall pick.

2.- Jets deal Revis to Bucs:
    -Bucs get Revis
    Jets get:
    - 2014 1st round pick
    - 2014 Conditional 2nd round pick (if he plays X number of games in 2013)
    - 2014 4th round pick
    -2014 6th round pick

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

The Trade

-Bucs get Revis
    Jets get:
    - 2014 1st round pick
    - 2014 4th round pick
    -2014 6th round pick

Interesting proposal. Although I dont see Tampa trading half their draft in 2014.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Interesting proposal. Although I dont see Tampa trading half their draft in 2014.
    I think the blogger is a 22 year old with dreams of grandeur.. He has the Jets taking Tavon Austin with the 13th pick..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kmsurfs2000 View Post
    rush is only bucs want him and they may come to their senses-if jets were offered a first for him this year they should have done the deal already

jets will have paid revis over 3 million soon in bonus and tampa aint paying that back to the jets
    Makes me glad thatJohn Idzik is handling this as opposed to that other prospective GM candidate kmsurfs2000

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    so why has the deal not been done yet? you are going by hearsay and "insider sources"-we have no idea what has been offered

if the jets were offered a first round pick for this draft and have not done it it makes no sense-

woody does not want revis and nobody but the bucs have even shown interest in revis

bucs can hold tight as the jets keep paying revis millions in roster bonus

You talk about hearsay and "inside sources", as if they are not to be believed, yet, you're going same route when you say that the Bucs are the ONLY team interested in Revis. None of us know what teams Idzik has been speaking to. We hear the Bucs, but that doesn't come from the Jets' people. Injury aside, if you think that only one team has interest in the best CB, you are really naive. The ONLY news that has come out about this situation, has come from the Bucs and Revis camps, along with the chosen few d-bag reporters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

The Trade

-Bucs get Revis
    Jets get:
    - 2014 1st round pick
    - 2014 4th round pick
    -2014 6th round pick

The first part is totally moot because that is about the value the jets would get for trading down in a deal of it's own. (I also don't have Tampa picking at #87 but rather at #73)

Thus we would get Revis for the 2nd package which i would consider but would need clarification on the conditional 2nd rounder.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    u mean the bucs the only team that seems to have any interest in revis? they control all of the cards not the jets-dont see any other teams offering anything for revis

one could say the bucs are playing the jets -they know nobody else wants revis with his injury and his demands and is is very publicly known wood wants revis out
    so why has the deal not been done yet? you are going by hearsay and "insider sources"-we have no idea what has been offered

if the jets were offered a first round pick for this draft and have not done it it makes no sense-

woody does not want revis and nobody but the bucs have even shown interest in revis

bucs can hold tight as the jets keep paying revis millions in roster bonus
    First, you say "the bucs the only team that seems to have any interest".
    Then, you say 'you are going by hearsay and "insider sources"-we have no idea what has been offered'.

You are going by heresay also. How do you know that another team or teams are not looking at trading for Revis? We really have no idea.

You can't have it both ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i seriously dont get the people who want revis to stay and/or fail to see the DIRE NEED to get rid of him NOW, for anything we could get for him.
    Facts:
    1. HE is GONE after this year anyway, and then we will get NOTHING for him
    2. The jets will SUCK this year, making his contribution to this year's team unimportant