Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's really wrong with the jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    This is nonsense...

To say the Jets have been unsuccessful under Woody is idiotic... To say they've been successful is also BS...

The team has been to the playoffs 6 of his 12 years of ownership...

No Superbowl appearance... Same case for 50% of the league since he purchased the team.

The Jets are average. Some good years, some bad. Things could obviously be worse, things may get better... It beats what I watched in the mid 90's as a kid...
    Agreed. A balanced approach to mediocrity, even upper mediocrity.. The Browns we aint, but right across the hall and up 95 are multiple SB winners.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And your clueless owner loves cheating (trip gate, tampering multiple times, illegal videotaping), Jetdell, the press, and married a woman young enough to be his daughter. ....So where did THAT get us?

Difference remains that Kraft has a long history of building success both on and off the field. Woody, on the other hand, has never built a damn thing. Many would say the mere fact that Rex is still the HC after such a huge collapse, is further proof of Woody's cluelessness. In Rex's first two years the team was built to win it all and he came up woefully small. last year, this year and possibly the following year(s) are the price due for the way his "managers" assembled the team on borrowed money.
    Without Brady, Kraft his his newspaper, the referees in his back pocket, and mumblecheck.

"Many" who think Rex should be gone are the clueless ones...

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed. A balanced approach to mediocrity, even upper mediocrity.. The Browns we aint, but right across the hall and up 95 are multiple SB winners.
    The problem w the JETS is every one from the Owner ,coach & most fans are ok with mediocare. The Giants & Ravens demanded winners & they got them. time for Woody, to change things

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    The problem w the JETS is every one from the Owner ,coach & most fans are ok with mediocare. The Giants & Ravens demanded winners & they got them. time for Woody, to change things

Careful... 2 or 3 homers will call you a NON JETS fan. Funny how there are only 2 or 3 left. 97 percent of us know and accept the JETS.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Without Brady, Kraft his his newspaper, the referees in his back pocket, and mumblecheck.

"Many" who think Rex should be gone are the clueless ones...
    Newspaper..???? Huh?...what newspaper?

Refs.????? You wearing a tin foil hat now? Have you really degenerated to THAT?

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Careful... 2 or 3 homers will call you a NON JETS fan. Funny how there are only 2 or 3 left. 97 percent of us know and accept the JETS.
    Mediocare was ok when we were just paying for season tickets ,now that they have the season ticket holders PAYING for the right to buy tickets ,it`s time for JET ownership to produce a Championship for their long time fans, it`s that simple.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lol...really?

Think harder.
    Okay, who? Not Kraft, not Johnson, not Mara, not Jones, not Rooney, not etc.

Where's the majority though?
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 04-11-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Giants won their last 2 bowls with 9-7,10-6 records they just got hot at the right time..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Mediocare was ok when we were just paying for season tickets ,now that they have the season ticket holders PAYING for the right to buy tickets ,it`s time for JET ownership to produce a Championship for their long time fans, it`s that simple.
    I've heard of medicare not mediocare? Mediocre maybe?

Just having fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Giants won their last 2 bowls with 9-7,10-6 records they just got hot at the right time..
    I wish we didn't disagree about Curtis Martin, because you're one of the most sensible posters here. I know it's becoming unpopular to actually believe that the Jets have always wanted to win it all... in fact, the reason for the Jets' many issues over the last few years is that this mission was approached with a kind of desperation that caused the team long-term damage. Tannenbaum was all about winning now instead of building deliberately over time. So I don't know what some of these posters are talking about... mediocrity was hardly an acceptable goal. The method of winning now produced the current rebuild/house-cleaning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    But they won..... and in BOTH years, They beat us regular season.

WE ALONE could have stopped it, but like Tebow on Thursday night, the mediocre JETS couldn't stop a nose bleed when it mattered.

Yet the homers still talk about our great D and 2 AFCC games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I wish we didn't disagree about Curtis Martin, because you're one of the most sensible posters here. I know it's becoming unpopular to actually believe that the Jets have always wanted to win it all... in fact, the reason for the Jets' many issues over the last few years is that this mission was approached with a kind of desperation that caused the team long-term damage. Tannenbaum was all about winning now instead of building deliberately over time. So I don't know what some of these posters are talking about... mediocrity was hardly an acceptable goal. The method of winning now produced the current rebuild/house-cleaning.
    Exactly. This notion that the organization accepts mediocrity is beyond idiotic. If they accepted mediocrity, they never would have traded for Favre and Pennington never would have been released. The spending spree during the 2008 off-season never would have happened. Herm would probably still be the coach. Trading up for Sanchez, Mangini's firing after going 9-7, trading for Holmes, Braylon, and Cromartie. And on, and on, and on.

They've been trying like hell to win. Some moves have worked, while others have blown up in their faces. But saying they accept being mediocre is absurd.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 04-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't agree more.. Of course some may believe BB was brilliant in selecting Brady with his 2nd 6th rd pick..(Pure Luck which is also needed in the NFL) The year before he was 5-11 with Bledsoe as his QB.. The disagreement about Martin is more with how 3.5 ypc is viewed by those who love him when other Jet backs do that they suck..Plus Hackett calling plays in a way where he was never under 4 ypc after being under 4 half the time in his first 6 years in the league.. 3rd and long anyone??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't agree more.. Of course some may believe BB was brilliant in selecting Brady with his 2nd 6th rd pick..(Pure Luck which is also needed in the NFL) The year before he was 5-11 with Bledsoe as his QB.. The disagreement about Martin is more with how 3.5 ypc is viewed by those who love him when other Jet backs do that they suck..Plus Hackett calling plays in a way where he was never under 4 ypc after being under 4 half the time in his first 6 years in the league.. 3rd and long anyone??
    Oh no you don't.

Seriously, I think the disagreement will always center on whom we choose to make accountable for Martin's role, not the result (although Martin was better overall in the playoffs than his Jets' record reflects). Anyway, my gripe with CPA is not the Jets have been mediocre the last two years, it's that he is confusing that result with an intention to be mediocre. That's just ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Exactly. This notion that the organization accepts mediocrity is beyond idiotic. If they accepted mediocrity, they never would have traded for Favre and Pennington never would have been released. The spending spree during the 2008 off-season never would have happened. Herm would probably still be the coach. Trading up for Sanchez, Mangini's firing after going 9-7, trading for Holmes, Braylon, and Cromartie. And on, and on, and on.

They've been trying like hell to win. Some moves have worked, while others have blown up in their faces. But saying they accept being mediocre is absurd.
    That is all true and was a great period but the multiple wins of other teams
    while we haven't is still here. The Favre move was a move that winning teams would NOT make. Rarely has an aging , soon to be released QB won a SB for his next team.

Your example above forgets the multiple draft choices we gave up in amassing the older players. THAT is not what winning teams do.

Im confident that the JETS dont say "Hey..lets be 10-6" but I also feel as strongly that the Ravens (an example) had little interest in Favre or Tebow especially by giving up draft picks.

This whole "They are lucky" approach of many on this board is nonsense. I here it in business all day. NOT TRUE. Luck, is the least determining factor in why people, teams etc are winners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no you don't.

Seriously, I think the disagreement will always center on whom we choose to make accountable for Martin's role, not the result (although Martin was better overall in the playoffs than his Jets' record reflects). Anyway, my gripe with CPA is not the Jets have been mediocre the last two years, it's that he is confusing that result with an intention to be mediocre. That's just ridiculous.
    For a long time the Jet FO would get name players past their prime. I have always believed in building through the draft and in rare cases bring in a great FA if he seems to be the missing piece.. Tanny and other failed GM's and Owners have traded their drafted choices away like monopoly money only to find out that was the wrong way to go.. CPA is a SOJF who always takes the negative approach to most things the Jets do..
    Last edited by Savage69; 04-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    while we haven't is still here. The Favre move was a move that winning teams would NOT make. Rarely has an aging , soon to be released QB won a SB for his next team.

Your example above forgets the multiple draft choices we gave up in amassing the older players. THAT is not what winning teams do.

Im confident that the JETS dont say "Hey..lets be 10-6" but I also feel as strongly that the Ravens (an example) had little interest in Favre or Tebow especially by giving up draft picks.

This whole "They are lucky" approach of many on this board is nonsense. I here it in business all day. NOT TRUE. Luck, is the least determining factor in why people, teams etc are winners.
    Good teams have good quarterbacks. When you have one, you don't have to go on spending sprees in free agency. You don't have to trade draft picks for overpriced veterans. You don't make those moves because a good quarterback makes up for not having those players.

Look at the 2000 draft. We tried to get a good QB. We drafted one in the first round. The Pats took one in the 6th. Ours was destroyed by injuries while theirs is a Hall of Famer. You don't think luck is involved there? Sorry if I disagree.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Good point the Giants for years taught sub jag w/r's to catch balls against their helmets..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point the Giants for years taught sub jag w/r's to catch balls against their helmets..
    In my 25 years in business and helping businesses , through experience...LUCK is the least important factor to success.

It is a VERY relevant factor to those who haven't succeeded in pointing at those who have.

Football seems about the same.

For a long time the Jet FO would get name players past their prime. I have always believed in building through the draft and in rare cases bring in a great FA if he seems to be the missing piece.. Tanny and other failed GM's and Owners have traded their drafted choices away like monopoly money only to find out that was the wrong way to go.. CPA is a SOJF who always takes the negative approach to most things the Jets do..
    Not true.... but there is a winning formula, followed by many teams who win. We dont do that well or as well as winning teams. Its called the draft.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 04-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Good teams have good quarterbacks. When you have one, you don't have to go on spending sprees in free agency. You don't have to trade draft picks for overpriced veterans. You don't make those moves because a good quarterback makes up for not having those players.

Look at the 2000 draft. We tried to get a good QB. We drafted one in the first round. The Pats took one in the 6th. Ours was destroyed by injuries while theirs is a Hall of Famer. You don't think luck is involved there? Sorry if I disagree.
    No question, we have been snake bit to a point on the QB front.