Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101

Thread: The quickest way to fix our offense: Warmack and the best available tackle!!

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    The quickest way to fix our offense: Warmack and the best available tackle!!

    Warmack (or Cooper if Warmack is gone) at 9 and the best available RT in the 2nd round.


    I don't understand why some don't see this. We'd have a dominant OL. A dominant offensive line ALWAYS makes the offensive players around them better...ALWAYS!!! There isn't even a question, it always works.

    This is the quickest way to make our offense better!!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Cooper is better than Warmack. More mobile and can simply pass block better. In terms of their games translating to the pros anyway.

    2. Paying guards a lot of money is generally not a great idea. You MUST cheap out at some positions to field a quality team in the NFL.

    3. Nothing matters unless we get a QB...

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    1. Cooper is better than Warmack. More mobile and can simply pass block better. In terms of their games translating to the pros anyway.

    2. Paying guards a lot of money is generally not a great idea. You MUST cheap out at some positions to field a quality team in the NFL.

    3. Nothing matters unless we get a QB...

    I agree that Sanchez is probably shot, but when he had a good OL in front of him, he was OK. Our QB's had 0 time to pass last year. Even Brady would have looked horrible.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up, I'm on board.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong. The greatest OL ever assembled cant make up for a sh!tty QB.

    Warmack isn't going to push the Jets to 9 or 10 wins. He will have minimal impact on the overall performance of the offense.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Warmack (or Cooper if Warmack is gone) at 9 and the best available RT in the 2nd round.


    I don't understand why some don't see this. We'd have a dominant OL. A dominant offensive line ALWAYS makes the offensive players around them better...ALWAYS!!! There isn't even a question, it always works.

    This is the quickest way to make our offense better!!
    i would do lane johnson ot may end up better than the other 2 higher rated guys
    then see if you can get a guard in 3 rd larry warford might fall there and there are a ton of really good gaurds in this draft but after the top 4 tackles its iffy at best

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Wrong. The greatest OL ever assembled cant make up for a sh!tty QB.

    Warmack isn't going to push the Jets to 9 or 10 wins. He will have minimal impact on the overall performance of the offense.
    I disagree. With Warmack or Cooper between D'brick and Mangold, the right side of our line will be elite. Nick and Brick will make the guard better and the gaurd will make the center and LT better.

    If we can run the ball and pass block, we can easily win 9 games.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree that a good OL is one of the ingredients needed for a solid offensive attack, no OG is going to make up for Sanchez completing 55% of his passes and turning the ball over 3 times a game. Solid QB play and weapons at WR/TE/RB make the defense respect and game plan for an offense. With the Jets current crop of crappy skill position players, a team can play 8 in the box, overwhelm any OL, and make the QB beat them.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I disagree. With Warmack or Cooper between D'brick and Mangold, the right side of our line will be elite. Nick and Brick will make the guard better and the gaurd will make the center and LT better.

    If we can run the ball and pass block, we can easily win 9 games.
    We have no top notch RB's we have a mediocre receiver group and we have the worst QBing situation in the league. We have also lost half our defense. Would i like a top notch guard? For sure, but we have a ton of other needs in which we need good football players. an oline by itself will not get us any more wins.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree, but no matter how you cut it it's going to take a couple of years.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I disagree. With Warmack or Cooper between D'brick and Mangold, the right side of our line will be elite. Nick and Brick will make the guard better and the gaurd will make the center and LT better.

    If we can run the ball and pass block, we can easily win 9 games.
    I'm with you, CT.

    BAP is what the Jets should do and if Warmack is there at number 9, he'll probably be the BAP on the board.

    And while your approach may not necessarily help the QB situation, it will certainly help the running game. Our stable of RB's would likely look much better than last season.

    Add in a good defense and we have a recipe to win 10 games. We certainly wouldn't make any noise in the playoffs, merely one and done. But it would be a great foundation to continue building on.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't agree. Having a dominant OL is VERY desirable and I have no issue with drafting to create one. However, until we fix QB and get some playmakers we will never fix the offense.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I disagree. With Warmack or Cooper between D'brick and Mangold, the right side of our line will be elite. Nick and Brick will make the guard better and the gaurd will make the center and LT better.

    If we can run the ball and pass block, we can easily win 9 games.
    How are they scoring points? Pancake blocks don't count.

    The skill positions need a serious upgrade.

    I don't understand why anyone thinks its a good idea to have 3 first round picks on the OL but none of the skill positions.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Don't agree. Having a dominant OL is VERY desirable and I have no issue with drafting to create one. However, until we fix QB and get some playmakers we will never fix the offense.
    Obviously, but I don't think a QB is gonna happen this year, so you work on what's in front of him, and what's around him.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grabbing a Tackle or Guard with the one of the two 1st round picks then grabbing another guard later say the 5th pick will still strengthen our line. We need to draft a difference maker like Tavon Austin with the 13th pick because chances are Santonio might not be available on week 1.

    Then we need to address a pass rusher and a safety with the 2nd and 3rd picks, JMO.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Sign me up, I'm on board.
    I'm on board.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Wrong. The greatest OL ever assembled cant make up for a sh!tty QB.

    Warmack isn't going to push the Jets to 9 or 10 wins. He will have minimal impact on the overall performance of the offense.
    Wouldn't two AFC championship games say otherwise?

  18. #18
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Wrong. The greatest OL ever assembled cant make up for a sh!tty QB.

    Warmack isn't going to push the Jets to 9 or 10 wins. He will have minimal impact on the overall performance of the offense.
    your way off base and you need to look at the games last year the steelers exposed our weakness they started to play tight bump and run on the recievers and blitzed the snot out of us. we didnt pick it up and had no time to do anything the rest of the game. the pats used this in the second meeting as did some other teams those that didnt we played tight and even won a few games. i am not sure with out knowing the line calls if who is to blame. i do know we got beat bad on a lot of plays some on qb some on o- line some on rb so lets spread the blame. i do brandon moore has not been a good run blocker for 2 years and just gets pushed back pass blocking but he holds so well he dosent get caught and doesnt give up sacks. howard was an upgrade but over dog crap not sure he is really more than a swing backup mangold was avg at best last year and had a few stinker games last year saluson good run blocker but suspect pass blocker. d brick had a good year for the most part just lt usually dont run block well and we really only had sucess running let all year. thats just not good for an offense overall regaurdless of the qb

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steelers have been rebuilding their OL the past two years, I think we picked up one of them.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    How are they scoring points? Pancake blocks don't count.

    The skill positions need a serious upgrade.

    I don't understand why anyone thinks its a good idea to have 3 first round picks on the OL but none of the skill positions.

    If you run it, you win. It makes your QB better and your D better.

    I know it was in the dark ages, but look at the Walt Michaels pre Freeman teams. Great OL with Fields, Powell, Ward, Randy R and Waldamore.

    Long, Gaines, Derking ran like all-pros and they won with Richard F*cking Todd at QB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us