Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign Safety Dawan Landry (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Depends on what your definition of "addressed" is.
    Given the situation we are in...Id say we are doing pretty good at filling holes....did we sign the second coming of Ed Reed, Alan Faneca, Kris Jenkins and Demarcus Ware...no...far from it...but we have signed players that have had success in this league...if you think every player we signed has to be a pro bowler you going to be sadly disappointed.

Good signing,I like it

I think Antonio Allen could surprise in 2013 and Dawan,while not LaRon,should be at least as capable as Yeremiah Bell who I thought was very solid last year.

Still hope we draft a safety from 3rd to 4th Round but we could reasonably go into the season with Dawan and AA

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Given the situation we are in...Id say we are doing pretty good at filling holes....did we sign the second coming of Ed Reed, Alan Faneca, Kris Jenkins and Demarcus Ware...no...far from it...but we have signed players that have had success in this league...if you think every player we signed has to be a pro bowler you going to be sadly disappointed.
    This 100%

What do people believe a GM coming in with a cap problem, the worst talent in the NFL and an underperforming QB is precisely supposed to do

The truth is the Jets are citing like a real NFL team and it is exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-09-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You are right. Its getting interesting now. This team with improved QB play just might open a few eyes and shut a few mouths!
    Dude, we're fielding a football team, nothing more

These FA signings are bottom of the barrel

All Pro
    I think Goodson has a chance. They targeted him right off the bat, and I think he'll fit in MM's zone running system perfectly. He reads his blocks well, and can score from anywhere on the field. He's a good receiver as well. Some thought he would be better as a WR than RB in the NFL. I think he'll be the steal of this year's FA.

Hall Of Fame
    I agree. I have been very pleased with how Idzik is handling everything.

But lets be honest. He hasn't fixed anything yet. Too soon for that. Ultimately it will come down to the drafts and how he spends FA money after 2013.

Does this guy have the label of being "injury prone"? Just curious. I'm hoping that isn't the case. We need some guys that we can rely on this season to stay healthy. With so many players that are injury prone, our season could go down the toilet in the wink of an eye.

Jets Insider VIP
    leaves only two remaining agenda items for Idzik before the Chiefs are on the clock.

1 Finalize a Revis deal that adds precious draft picks

2 Flush Teblow down the drain and on the road to the CFL or worse

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    leaves only two remaining agenda items for Idzik before the Chiefs are on the clock.

1 Finalize a Revis deal that adds precious draft picks

2 Flush Teblow down the drain and on the road to the CFL or worse
    +10000000000000

Can we please do this quick so I can change my avatar? LOL

As Parcells used to say, hold the fort guys until reinforcements come in - and that will be through the draft. Can't build a team through free agency.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Does this guy have the label of being "injury prone"? Just curious. I'm hoping that isn't the case. We need some guys that we can rely on this season to stay healthy. With so many players that are injury prone, our season could go down the toilet in the wink of an eye.
    He's missed around the same amount as Revis has..

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He's missed around the same amount as Revis has..
    and has 2 less holdouts under his belt.

Veteran
    http://www.nfl.com/player/dawanlandry/2506937/profile

solid run defender, eh in pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Yes, but most of these FA's are replacing older bottom of the barrell players and have more upside than the people they replaced (outside of Laron).

Yup, we already have a few pro bowlers on our roster (Mangold/Dbrick/Cro) and have a couple that could easily make that jump this year (Coples/Wilkerson).

Paying big money to bring in a pro bowlers is something the Redskins have done and it never worked for them. Fill holes and hope your young guys take the next step (ie Allen/Bush/Davis/Kerley/Hill)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yes, but most of these FA's are replacing older bottom of the barrell players and have more upside than the people they replaced (outside of Laron).
    +1 Laron Landry, DeVito and Keller are the only guys we've lost who I'd worry about replacing. We could field anyone at LB, RB, or OG and get about the same level of production we got last year.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    +1 Laron Landry, DeVito and Keller are the only guys we've lost who I'd worry about replacing. We could field anyone at LB, RB, or OG and get about the same level of production we got last year.
    Yeah, forgot about Devito. Intentionally left out Keller and revis because they were both non factors last year due to injuries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dawan landry is an early canidate for 1st team all JAG.

He is a truck and knows the system. Love it. Good job Idzik.

Jets Insider VIP

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Dud I am a Jets fan! I do not care what your take is! Go Jets! This is a team game and I think REX and Idzik know a bit more about football then you! Again, with improved QB play we might open a few eyes and shut a few mouths, yours included!