Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets sign Safety Dawan Landry (Merged)

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    not missed a game in 4 years....100 tackels last year...he is a bona fide starter....not great in coverege but damn good in the box....good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Does this guy have the label of being "injury prone"? Just curious. I'm hoping that isn't the case. We need some guys that we can rely on this season to stay healthy. With so many players that are injury prone, our season could go down the toilet in the wink of an eye.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    good lord...is it a crime to actualy be optimistic......you and the other nonstop doom gloomers can go have a party in the corner....the rest of us who is enjoying what we are seeing had a legit reason to feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Superbowl here we come?

I expect Rex and Thurman to protect him from his deficiencies in coverage and get the most out of him. He was already a decent SS last season, no reason to think he can't be as good or better. I really don't like Josh Bush starting opposite him, and while I think Allen has promise, he's another SS/bandit type who has shown absolutely zero in coverage. If he is spending time in deep zones with no Revis on the team I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but the Jaguars were starting a number of players last season that really have no business being in the NFL. That's not exactly a compliment to say a guy started for them last season....
    And you can also flip that logic on it's head and say that he surely must have a great chance of flourishing this season on a much better team and a much better defence with top class D-Line talent,hopefully a dynamic young pass rushing OLB causing mayhem and pro bowl CB's for company.

Nobody thinks we've got mid-eighties Ronnie Lott here but this is a very sensible signing that makes sense on nearly every level while not precluding us continuing to develop the talent we added last year or from making the most out of possibly the deepest draft for safety talent in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    he is a vet that was "lost" in Jacksonville, I expect him to improve quite a bit going back to a scheme he knows.

Agreed

Good players will be good even on bad teams but can look great on good teams.The reverse of that is why so many high price free agents don't work out.Landry should be no worse than a plug in and play veteran that should fall at worst between the play of Leonhard,Bell and LaRon

@RichCimini: Jets S Dawan Landry signed 2-year, $3 million contract, including a $650k signing bonus. #Jets

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Jets S Dawan Landry signed 2-year, $3 million contract, including a $650k signing bonus. #Jets
    Hmmm, not bad. I was getting greedy with all these low-cost signings and hoping for him at slightly under a million per. Still not bad. I think I still would have preferred Michael Huff, especially if Revis is gone.

@MMehtaNYDN: Dawan Landry's deal with the Jets is for two years, $3M. He will carry a $1.1M cap charge for 2013. #nyj

@RavensInsider: Dawan Landry Jets deal is two yrs, $3 million: $650,000 bonus, $850,000, $1.5 million salaries: Cap figures: $1.125 million, $1.825 million

Also looks like only the signing bonus is guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/dawan-landry/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RavensInsider: Dawan Landry Jets deal is two yrs, $3 million: $650,000 bonus, $850,000, $1.5 million salaries: Cap figures: $1.125 million, $1.825 million
    Excellently structured deal.

Kinda surprised they got him so cheap. He's an above average SS and could have a better year than Bell last year.

Now Sign Kerry Rhodes and we're back in Business!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Now Sign Kerry Rhodes and we're back in Business!
    WRECKS RYAN hated Rhodes. You think that has changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    WRECKS RYAN hated Rhodes. You think that has changed?
    As did Dennis Thurman.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    This is a replacement for Bell, not LaRon, or at least it should be. This team is still in the market for a capable FS and has been in that market since 2009. Maybe it's Antonio Allen, but it looks like they'll likely try and find that guy in the draft - Cyprien? Elam?
    I believe Allen is more of a "in the box" SS like Dawan where Bush is more of a coverage FS type. I like what I saw out of Allen and am anticipating a solid year from him as a 3rd Safety/special teamer minimum. Still optimistic about Bush as well......hopefully Idzik can find a diamond in the rough via draft to throw in the mix.

All Pro
    thy wrong landry

Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    I believe Allen is more of a "in the box" SS like Dawan where Bush is more of a coverage FS type. I like what I saw out of Allen and am anticipating a solid year from him as a 3rd Safety/special teamer minimum. Still optimistic about Bush as well......hopefully Idzik can find a diamond in the rough via draft to throw in the mix.
    Allen is more of a 3rd safety, OLB/S hybrid like Ihedigbo ways, yes, but I think he has the ability to play FS for a short period of time, aka in a rebuilding season, but yeah, the FS of the future isn't on this roster yet. Josh Bush as a FS would scare me personally. I'm not a big fan. They're apparently high on Cyprien, late 1st/early 2nd round FS, but that could also be a smokescreen. There are a bunch of solid S's in this draft, which is good for us.

All League
    Dawan & 3mil >>>> Laron & 24mil.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Allen is more of a 3rd safety, OLB/S hybrid like Ihedigbo ways, yes, but I think he has the ability to play FS for a short period of time, aka in a rebuilding season, but yeah, the FS of the future isn't on this roster yet. Josh Bush as a FS would scare me personally. I'm not a big fan. They're apparently high on Cyprien, late 1st/early 2nd round FS, but that could also be a smokescreen. There are a bunch of solid S's in this draft, which is good for us.
    Yeah glad to hear there are some legit options in the draft this year.....haven't had a legit playmaking FS that could cover since Rhodes early years in green and white.

I have Safety up there with OLB as our top priorities going into the draft.....hopefully we come away with some promising talent.