Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 111

Thread: Finally - a Revis article favorable to what the Jets are doing.

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    What's the last prediction you were right about again?
    Hey Carson Palmer was a top 5 qb this year. Top 5 if you ignore the first 20.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    The bucs don't want a 1st round CB, they want revis. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
    Sure, that's true, but not at ANY price. Surely that's something YOU understand?

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    What's the last prediction you were right about again?
    Jets wouldn't have number 1 defense in football last year, Mark sanchez sucked and Raiders would beat the Jets last time they played. But who counting. Here is another take it to the Bank prediction. D Revis whether its this year or 2014 his Jet career is over with.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-10-2013 at 11:52 AM.

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Sure, that's true, but not at ANY price. Surely that's something YOU understand?
    Nobody said ANY price. Just a better deal then what's on the table. The jets have the player so the bucs need to pay up

  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jets wouldn't have number 1 defense in football last year, Mark sanchez sucked and Raiders would beat the Jets last time they played. So who counting.
    Carson Palmer was a great trade

  6. #86
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Jets wouldn't have number 1 defense in football last year, Mark sanchez sucked and Raiders would beat the Jets last time they played. So who counting.
    LOL...so why do you run and hide every season when things turn to s**t for the Raiders?

  7. #87
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    There is absolutely ZERO pressure on TB. The pressure is on the Jets to dump Revis and his baggage.
    Why would any team trade for jerk Revis when a team like TB at 13 can have one of: Millner, Rhodes or Trufant.
    You get a much younger player (6 years), a faster player, a healthier player, a better attitude player, a lower cost player, a guy you can lock up for 4-5 years. And it costs no additional picks.
    Revis had his day but he is aggravation. Or why would the Jets want to DUMP him. Can he play anywhere NEAR his previous level? And if so, where is the proof?
    If Indy can get rid of Manning (with no compensation), the Jets should understand their situation is similar. Hold him and let him go his way next year.
    New Orleans though they had the world beat years ago trading a lot of picks for a Ricky Williams pick. Disaster. Minny giving the farm for Hershel Walker. More stupidity.
    The Jets are the team with a record of studidity and failure more than most.
    And Idzik is a ROOKIE.
    So if there is no pressure on TB, and the rookies available at 13 will be just as good, whey are they offering their 13th pick (probably other picks) for revis and then pay him 15 million a year?
    Sounds like you are the rookie when it comes to knowing what is going on.

    And LOL at thinking Milner will be available at 13.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Carson Palmer was a great trade
    It was a great trade but due to change in management that trade didn't work out.(was a lousy trade) When Jets fire rex Ryan your New Gm will bring in his own guy to be head coach. With a new head coach a lot of Rex boys on that defense might be gone too.(thats the way it works) The new guy has no allegiance to someone else guys.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so why do you run and hide every season when things turn to s**t for the Raiders?
    Just like when I was proven right on last Jets raiders game. I wasn't around much after that. Why gloat and kick someone when they aren't in Raider division.( was time to move on) You want to find me look on opposing team forums. (that's where i will be)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-10-2013 at 12:00 PM.

  10. #90
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    It was a great trade but due to change in management that trade didn't work out.(was a lousy trade) When Jets fire rex Ryan your New Gm will bring in his own guy to be head coach. With a new head coach a lot of Rex boys on that defense might be gone too.(thats the way it works)
    Remind me why I should take your predictions seriously again?

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Just like when I was proven right on last Jets raiders game. I wasn't around much after that. Why gloat and kick someone when they aren't in Raider division.
    Nobody has been wrong more times than you around here, no one. Thats not even debatable.

  12. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Nobody said ANY price. Just a better deal then what's on the table. The jets have the player so the bucs need to pay up
    And what's on the table? You have no clue and neither do I. But if reports are true and Tampa has offered the #13 this year plus a 3rd and a 6th, then Idzik is an Idjit to press for more risking getting nada instead.

    Remember, the player is a perennial malcontent who has a long history of dishonoring his contract, is coming off a severe injury, has a no-franchise clause, and wants ridiculous money for a CB. I don't care how good he is (was?), there's a limit to what he's worth in trade, especially with only 1 year left on his contract.

  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Nobody has been wrong more times than you around here, no one. Thats not even debatable.
    Neck and neck with SG3 and DWC1,2,3,4,5,etc. I'd say.

  14. #94
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    And what's on the table? You have no clue and neither do I. But if reports are true and Tampa has offered the #13 this year plus a 3rd and a 6th, then Idzik is an Idjit to press for more risking getting nada instead.

    Remember, the player is a perennial malcontent who has a long history of dishonoring his contract, is coming off a severe injury, has a no-franchise clause, and wants ridiculous money for a CB. I don't care how good he is (was?), there's a limit to what he's worth in trade, especially with only 1 year left on his contract.
    I dont think Idzik is necessarily pressing for more, but just being patient and seeing if Tampa gets nervous. There is less than 2 weeks till the draft, this gets done by middle of next week IMO. Remember, Tampa ownership wants this deal, when owners are involved they tend to be less rational and patient than GMs.

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    i live in florida and thats all the chatter you are hearing and yes you are correct the Bucs gm is under alot of heat.....I feel the trade will happen right before the draft.



    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The reports of Tampa willing to give him 15 a year are just those, rumors, like the rest of the info regarding a potential trade.

    If TB does not do well this year 'reports' are that their GM will be gone.

    If TB does not get Revis they will go in a different direction and their interest in him next year could be lessened greatly.

    There are three things that can happen out of this and two of them are pretty good for the Jets.

    1) They get their asking price and trade him.
    2) They sign him to a long term extension.

    and the bad thing is

    3) They get a year out of a pro bowl CB, perhaps trade him through the year and then lose him for at best a compensatory pick.

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    you apparently have not been paying attention...you are way off base....you state why has the trade not happened as yet...because it does NOT have to happen today....it was already noted that the trade would take place prior to the draft....trust me, the sides are very close and I will confidently say that I feel 80 percent that this deal will go down...my car radio stays on sirius nfl radio and every report is leaning strongly towards a trade with the Bucs.



    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Why hasn't that trade been completed yet?????? If tampba Bay realizes rthey are holding the better hand and don't panic they should be able to get Revis at their price.

  17. #97
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    your Raiders are facing 34 million in DEAD money that they have to deal with and none of the players are even on the team......compared to your raiders, the jets situation is light years better.



    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Maybe because the Jets are not the Raiders and actually think trades through before they do something.

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    the next best CB that will be on the board at 13 is Xavier Rhodes from FSU and I really don't think the bucs would want him over Revis.



    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Who are they going to draft? If they don't get Revis they MUST draft a CB or two high in the draft. Tampa Bay must make a decision on revis before the draft or close the door on the deal entirely.

  19. #99
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Nobody has been wrong more times than you around here, no one. Thats not even debatable.
    raiders975 is so bad he makes the Patriot fan posters on this forum more tolerable.

  20. #100
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,555
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol




    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    raiders975 is so bad he makes the Patriot fan posters on this forum more tolerable.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us