Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Calvin Pace for a million bucks

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign Calvin Pace for a million bucks

I don't see many better options at this point, and nobody seems to be knocking down his door. I like him for one year at that price, and there needs to be *some* continuity on the edge. Worst case scenario a draft pick outplays him in camp and you have veteran depth that doesn't break the bank.

Needs to get done -- or Idzik needs to surprise here. OLB is still a big worry at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    I don't see many better options at this point, and nobody seems to be knocking down his door. I like him for one year at that price, and there needs to be *some* continuity on the edge. Worst case scenario a draft pick outplays him in camp and you have veteran depth that doesn't break the bank.

Needs to get done -- or Idzik needs to surprise here. OLB is still a big worry at this point.
    Not the worst idea at all.Pace suffered because he was never that 8 to 10+ sacks a year guy that everybody thinks wins championships.Had the other OLB opposite been one of those guys then Pace would've been viewed differently.Very solid player for us who did all the little things well and delivered what little pass rush we've had over the last few years but was paid to get more of those headline plays than he did.

To my mind we have to come away from this draft with at least 2 new options at OLB but Pace for peanuts is a low risk option at this point.Only concern would be him taking snaps away from a younger guy who possibly should be getting the reps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he was willing to come back for a much reduced price? Sign me up. Although, he was a huge disappointment at the price we were paying him, he was never a BAD linebacker. He just wasn't able to do all of the things that we needed him to do at the price we paid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    no

we can do better than him, scott and Thomas in the UDFA market

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not trying to win this year.

The only guys worthy of playing time are those who will be here in 2016 when we start to come out of this. Calvin Pace is the very type of person that can never hit the field again.

SAR I

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Would prefer not

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the only complement you can get from your coach as a LB is that you cover well, you stink.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are not trying to win this year.

The only guys worthy of playing time are those who will be here in 2016 when we start to come out of this. Calvin Pace is the very type of person that can never hit the field again.

SAR I
    Agreed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thank you.

Antwan Barnes/Garrett McIntyre will roam one OLB position while our eventual ninth overall selection will roam the other with perhaps Ricky Sapp. If we choose to go offense at nine, then still a big fat no to Calvin Pace. We finally were able to get rid of him. No need to bring him back. Youth movement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way. This spot and the money should be used to develope talent. This team has held on to under performing and over paid players for way too long. It's a new mind set for us all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Agreed.
    Shocker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the years Calvin ... but no ... never again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We already have someone to clean and fold the uniforms and he doesn't want to be paid that much.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely no. I can't remember where I read it but, Pace was ranked among the bottom two or three linebackers in 2013 in the entire NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Jets fans ***** about how bad the team sucks for a season, then flip out when the team gets gutted and/or advocate for retaining the players that made us suck.

Nothing is a "big worry" before the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace is done. Give Barnes/McIntyre and draft picks their fair shot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace would be a solid move at vet minimum level deal.

A vet OLB to fill the role Bryan Thomas filled last year, and Jason Taylor filled the previous year, makes complete sense.

And I think the Jets take a stud OLB in the first round, or a sleeper later in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need we're drafting Jones or Jordan. Pace is too slow to play the run and was never much of a pass rusher so he isn't even useful on 3rd down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, we do need someone there and $1M is good deal.