Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFC East 2013

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    The problem with Rex is, after 4 years he's still just a defensive coordinator playing head coach. Luckily, they finally have a decent offensive coordinator that can hopefully take over the offense, but it's hard for me to consider Rex a good coach when he still has no clue on offense.
    Rex Ryan is awful. Our future doesn't begin until he is gone.

I'm still hoping he'll resign.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd probably wait until after training camp before starting to worry about this kind of stuff. Jets can only worry about the Jets right now.

Dolphins just did what the Jets did 3 years ago - sign and trade for a lot of top free agents. We'll see if that works out for them. They will be a solid team for a lot of reasons, but then again, this is the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    some of us root for the Jets

that's the difference between us and you
    We all root for the JETS...some of us are simply more realistic and are shaped by things like Tebow taking a roster spot. We dont brag about things that simply aren't feasible and then in the face of failure name call other fans. We recognize an 8-8 team.

Please put your Sanchez avatar back..it suits you well.

BTW...just breaking balls. I know you are a good fan.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 04-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    As a dolphins fan, I'm extremely excited for this team. Not as much this year, but the future. We have a young qb that has shown us some signs. For once we actually have a guy with franchise qb potential. Not that he will turn into that, but it's actually a possibility for once. Thats enough to be excited. But we also have one of the youngest teams in the nfl, have a good cap situation for the next few years (despite what the media wants you to think) and we've had some good drafts the last 3 classes. Also, this team is in no way built through free agency as one poster said.

That being said, all it is at this point is excitement and optimism. There's reason for it, but until we win games, until tannehill is a proven qb, until lamar miller proves he can take over for reggie bush, it's all just speculation. Nobody in miami should be predicting a superbowl this year. The jets will still give us problems, as they always do. We should win but you never know in the division. And to be honest, with the Jets rebuilding, they shouldnt even worry about Miami. Most Jets fans aren't expecting anything better than 8-8 next year, so who cares if you're 8-8 and Miami is 9-7. Or you're 5-11 and Miami is 10-6. You guys gotta worry about rebuilding that team, and once you do, then worry about beating Miami to make the playoffs or win the division.
    Who are you to tell us not to worry and concentrate on a rebuid. Why are you on this site shouldn't you be at phinsheaven talking about how you are going to the superbowl this year AGAIN. This is what drives me crazy about dolphins fans they are so obsessed with the jets I don't get it. Why are you not on the Patriots websites thats who you should focus on typical dolphin mentality. Where were you in 2009 and 2010. Even if the dolphins win the superbowl for 5 years straight I will still have zero respect for that team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We all root for the JETS...some of us are simply more realistic and are shaped by things like Tebow taking a roster spot. We dont brag about things that simply aren't feasible and then in the face of failure name call other fans. We recognize an 8-8 team.

Please put your Sanchez avatar back..it suits you well.

BTW...just breaking balls. I know you are a good fan.
    me too

and you too

lets hope ALL Jet fans have something to cheer about this season and something to shout and be proud about by 2015

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not this again.

Rex took a very talented team and ran it into the ground. All your exclamation points don't change that fact.

SAR I
    Did Rex let all that "talent" leave the Jets?? Nope!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Did Rex let all that "talent" leave the Jets?? Nope!!
    Just stop.

Don't be one of just 3 people on the planet who thinks Rex Ryan is a good head coach. That was last years argument. This years argument is when does he get fired.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stop.

Don't be one of just 3 people on the planet who thinks Rex Ryan is a good head coach. That was last years argument. This years argument is when does he get fired.

SAR I
    Is there anybody that really thinks he will make it past next year?
    Certainly not. Idzik is dropping the hammer in 2014 to bring in his own boys. Hard to recall when a HC lasted through a new GM cleansing process.

More oft than not, even the good HC's get axed when there is a change of GM.

Idzik is showing some smarts on holding onto RR for this year, that way the team can be purged of Rex, Mark, and Santoni-HO in one fell swoop after this season.

2014 should really be a time of change for the organization.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just stop.

SAR I
    Thanks for answering my question. It wasn't Rex that let all the talent go. I have admitted to his faults, but most HC'S have some faults. I will just choose to root for him to succeed because it means the Jets succeed. If he continues his downward trend then I will be ready for a change. I have only one Jet that I won't root for and that is Santonio.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm worried the Dolphins are kicking us out of our #2 spot this year. We just barely squeaked past them last year.
    The Dolphins finished second in the East last year. The Jets already lost their spot, friend.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Thanks for answering my question. It wasn't Rex that let all the talent go. I have admitted to his faults, but most HC'S have some faults. I will just choose to root for him to succeed because it means the Jets succeed. If he continues his downward trend then I will be ready for a change. I have only one Jet that I won't root for and that is Santonio.
    I think you're confused.

Talent: Mike and Mangini were responsible for 80% of the '09 and '10 teams.

Reshaping: Rex drafted badly and didn't develop a single draft pick into anything.

Let It Go: Idzik is tearing apart the mess that Rex assembled.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    yawn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    The Dolphins finished second in the East last year. The Jets already lost their spot, friend.
    True that the Dolphins finished ahead of the Jets in 2012.

That said, finishing 7-9 ahead of 6-10 doesn't really solidify you as the biggest "threat" to the Patriots in the division when you haven't won a playoff game in almost fifteen years.

While it's not something to brag about, the Jets have clearly been the 2nd best team in the East for the better part of the last 15 years.

But hey, you have it on the Bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    2nd place in the AFC East is irrelevant, whoever it is will still be 2-3 games back of the Pats in the standings. Let Miami have it, I'd rather finish 4th and get a top 3 pick in next year's draft then go 7-9 and finish 2nd in the division.

Miami reminds me of us under Tannenbaum, overspent in free agency, tried to make a huge splash, building around a young shaky QB that showed "promise." What will that get them? Probably 8-8 or 9-7.
    Really? Well 09 & 10 were the best back-to-back years of Jets football in my lifetime. I will also remind you that the 2010 team won 11 regular season games. When Miami makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game, then come talk to me. Until then, their offseason splash is just the typical offseason hype.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami was better than us last year. We narrowly beat them in the first matchup thanks to a Landry pick six and the sure-footed Carpenter missing a chip shot. Then they manhandled us in the second game. And the consensus is that they have improved this offseason while we have not.

Obviously anything can happen but right now Miami is ahead of us. It s what it is. Not sure how anyone can deny that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Miami was better than us last year. We narrowly beat them in the first matchup thanks to a Landry pick six and the sure-footed Carpenter missing a chip shot. Then they manhandled us in the second game. And the consensus is that they have improved this offseason while we have not.

Obviously anything can happen but right now Miami is ahead of us. It s what it is. Not sure how anyone can deny that.
    We will go 1-5 in the division.

We will go 2-8 outside the division.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Just as long as we don't win a meaningless game in Week 16 or 17 that costs us a real blue chip prospect. That would be a tragedy.

It is extremely rare for the NFL but I honestly believe you will see teams tank next season. After about week 4.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    That seems possibly 1 win too risk. Its sad, but you know exactly what im talking about.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please stay on phinsheaven more delusional dolphins

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When are you dolphins fans going to realize that all these free agent moves are all about the stadium renovation and getting fans to vote. The best thing Ross could do is move the team to LA. The fan base in Miami is the worst in the ountry all the media members are such homers they are unbearable to listen to.