Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 72

Thread: AFC East 2013

  1. #1

    AFC East 2013

    I'm worried the Dolphins are kicking us out of our #2 spot this year. We just barely squeaked past them last year.
    They look a lot more stacked this season. Not only that (and this scares me more than anything), they look like they're on the ascension.

    Meanwhile, we're basically one season away from a regime change and total rebuild.

    Please convince me we aren't going to start getting embarrassed by a new and improving Miami offense.

    Patriots aren't vacating the iron throne anytime soon, so if the Phins kick us out of #2 and continue to improve, we're coming up on a long post-season black out.

    I find some reason to be optimistic every off season that we're going to make the right moves and make a run at the division, or get a Wildcard spot in the very least.

    Right now I just don't see how we aren't the Buffalo Bills next season.
    No way do we finish 2nd in the AFC East next year, and I actually think we're gonna' have to battle to the death with Buffalo just to lock up 3rd.


    I'm against and hate throwing seasons for draft picks.... but if there was ever a season to do it, this is the one.

    The Patriots are going to sweep us next year and I bet the Dolphins do too.
    We could easily only win one division game in 2013.

    Winter is coming.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm worried the Dolphins are kicking us out of our #2 spot this year. We just barely squeaked past them last year.
    They look a lot more stacked this season. Not only that (and this scares me more than anything), they look like they're on the ascension.

    Meanwhile, we're basically one season away from a regime change and total rebuild.

    Please convince me we aren't going to start getting embarrassed by a new and improving Miami offense.

    Patriots aren't vacating the iron throne anytime soon, so if the Phins kick us out of #2 and continue to improve, we're coming up on a long post-season black out.

    I find some reason to be optimistic every off season that we're going to make the right moves and make a run at the division, or get a Wildcard spot in the very least.

    Right now I just don't see how we aren't the Buffalo Bills next season.
    No way do we finish 2nd in the AFC East next year, and I actually think we're gonna' have to battle to the death with Buffalo just to lock up 3rd.


    I'm against and hate throwing seasons for draft picks.... but if there was ever a season to do it, this is the one.

    The Patriots are going to sweep us next year and I bet the Dolphins do too.
    We could easily only win one division game in 2013.

    Winter is coming.
    I'm not convinced at all by the fins, I think they are another Eagles in waiting. They overpaid and built a team through FA which never works.

    What they paid for Ellerbe and Wheeler was a joke, throw in Wallace's attitude and the one year rentals and the wheels could easily come off just like it did with the "dream team" Eagles.

    Your right pats probably stay put. As for the Bills if your prepared to roll with Kevin Kolb as your starter your leaving yourself open to fail, not a starter in this league in my opinion.

    We have as good a chance at getting that 2nd spot as the fins do.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm worried the Dolphins are kicking us out of our #2 spot this year. We just barely squeaked past them last year.
    They look a lot more stacked this season. Not only that (and this scares me more than anything), they look like they're on the ascension.

    Meanwhile, we're basically one season away from a regime change and total rebuild.

    Please convince me we aren't going to start getting embarrassed by a new and improving Miami offense.

    Patriots aren't vacating the iron throne anytime soon, so if the Phins kick us out of #2 and continue to improve, we're coming up on a long post-season black out.

    I find some reason to be optimistic every off season that we're going to make the right moves and make a run at the division, or get a Wildcard spot in the very least.

    Right now I just don't see how we aren't the Buffalo Bills next season.
    No way do we finish 2nd in the AFC East next year, and I actually think we're gonna' have to battle to the death with Buffalo just to lock up 3rd.


    I'm against and hate throwing seasons for draft picks.... but if there was ever a season to do it, this is the one.

    The Patriots are going to sweep us next year and I bet the Dolphins do too.
    We could easily only win one division game in 2013.

    Winter is coming.
    The highwater mark of JETS fans. The number 2 spot, no home playoffs and sharing a stadium with a 4 time SB team.

    Not sure I care about the number 2 spot.... it hasn't done a thing for us.

  4. #4
    Who knows what will happen?
    While Miami is adding high priced free agents they are also reshuffling their Oline which is always a dangerous thing, especially at the tackle spots.
    Say we end up with an OLB that turns into a beast, Tannyhill can't find Wallace if he's running for his life!
    The Patriots Oline has been breaking down a little each year. Tom Brady I believe is 38 and does not like getting hit. Amendola is a downgrade from Welker, I don't care what anyone says, their will be way less 3rd down conversions for that team next year, putting even more pressure on their bad defense.
    And what about Gronk & Hernandez? Neither of these guys gets through a season without getting hurt.
    Will Talib stay out of prison?
    Will Wifork survive another season without injury? He's another older guy with a lot of miles on his body playing inside.
    Are the Bills any better WITHOUT FITZPATRICK? I don't see it. Give them credit, they knew that Fitzy wasn't getting them to the promised land but Tavares & Kolb are just stop gaps as they try to find their future QB in this years draft.
    I'm not nearly as pessimistic as most Jet fans.
    This offseason was the perfect storm for the Jets due to the seeming collusion among the owners that has kept salaries way down.
    Do you guys think in a high cap year we would have been able to find 3 solid vets like Goodson, Barnes & Landry for what we paid them? Hell no.
    When I look at other teams in the division I like to see where we match up & where we don't.
    The Jets have All Pros at Center & LT. Cro is an All pro corner. Wilkerson is on his way to being way above average. Harris had a bad year but he can bounce back. Coples looks like a player & will be much more comfortable this year.
    Goodsons can be a home run RB! Think of all the film 22 we watched last year of Greene stumbling into the safety, Goodsons gonna be busting those inside & out for large gains.
    Powell is perfect for the WCO, can block & catch, & has a little wiggle.
    And the biggest thing is we might have a lot of picks over the next 2 years.
    If we have 9 & 13 this year, we are gonna 2 very solid prospects. If someone wants to trade up with us this draft could be a bonanza with depth of talent to pick from.
    If we can get average QB play & eliminate the ridiculous TOs from last year, we can be in most games with a CHANCE to win. If Rex gets some pass rush from Barnes & ? Draft pick, the defense will be very good.
    We also finally have a legitimate OC that has actually had real success in this league.
    I'm looking forward to the draft.
    Last edited by jetster; 04-10-2013 at 06:50 AM.

  5. #5
    This is a bit of a rebuilding year and it really is impossible to know just how good the team can be. However, the process is not completed yet even for the team we'll field this season. I think it would be better to confront the issue in June.

  6. #6
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    At 2-14 we aren't beating the Dolphins and are heading to last place.

    A 'good' 2013 means 5-11. Second place? LOLZ.

    SAR I

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is a bit of a rebuilding year and it really is impossible to know just how good the team can be. However, the process is not completed yet even for the team we'll field this season. I think it would be better to confront the issue in June.
    This....lets get through this drafr and revis trade and see where we are.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    This....lets get through this drafr and revis trade and see where we are.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    There's little point in waiting to pass judgement because all the draft will bring are young kids and Rex Ryan has never developed them at all let alone in their first year.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There's little point in waiting to pass judgement because all the draft will bring are young kids and Rex Ryan has never developed them at all let alone in their first year.

    SAR I
    You and your shtick is a pathetic cry out for attention....EAD.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm worried the Dolphins are kicking us out of our #2 spot this year. We just barely squeaked past them last year.
    They look a lot more stacked this season. Not only that (and this scares me more than anything), they look like they're on the ascension.

    Meanwhile, we're basically one season away from a regime change and total rebuild.

    Please convince me we aren't going to start getting embarrassed by a new and improving Miami offense.

    Patriots aren't vacating the iron throne anytime soon, so if the Phins kick us out of #2 and continue to improve, we're coming up on a long post-season black out.

    I find some reason to be optimistic every off season that we're going to make the right moves and make a run at the division, or get a Wildcard spot in the very least.

    Right now I just don't see how we aren't the Buffalo Bills next season.
    No way do we finish 2nd in the AFC East next year, and I actually think we're gonna' have to battle to the death with Buffalo just to lock up 3rd.


    I'm against and hate throwing seasons for draft picks.... but if there was ever a season to do it, this is the one.

    The Patriots are going to sweep us next year and I bet the Dolphins do too.
    We could easily only win one division game in 2013.

    Winter is coming.
    and maybe the Patriots plane crash`s and takes brady & the whole team out on it`s 1st west coast trip in week 2 , if your going to be a depressing S.O.B. at least have the bad luck going towards our oppenent.

  11. #11
    Miami should have swept us last year. They blew the Week 3 game three different times. I'd be shocked if we beat them this year when they'll have a better offense and faster, we'll see if it's better but already was pretty good, defense.

    This is going to be a long season with a battle with Buffalo for third place. Some fans need to realize this and deal with. In 2014 we'll have a reason to be optimistic again with a large chunk of salary cap room and a draft class full of legitimate QB prospects.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,310
    Cheer up, go look at some naked lady pics

  13. #13
    The Phins finished second last year. They were 7-9 to our 6-10.

    Who cares about second place?

  14. #14
    As a dolphins fan, I'm extremely excited for this team. Not as much this year, but the future. We have a young qb that has shown us some signs. For once we actually have a guy with franchise qb potential. Not that he will turn into that, but it's actually a possibility for once. Thats enough to be excited. But we also have one of the youngest teams in the nfl, have a good cap situation for the next few years (despite what the media wants you to think) and we've had some good drafts the last 3 classes. Also, this team is in no way built through free agency as one poster said.

    That being said, all it is at this point is excitement and optimism. There's reason for it, but until we win games, until tannehill is a proven qb, until lamar miller proves he can take over for reggie bush, it's all just speculation. Nobody in miami should be predicting a superbowl this year. The jets will still give us problems, as they always do. We should win but you never know in the division. And to be honest, with the Jets rebuilding, they shouldnt even worry about Miami. Most Jets fans aren't expecting anything better than 8-8 next year, so who cares if you're 8-8 and Miami is 9-7. Or you're 5-11 and Miami is 10-6. You guys gotta worry about rebuilding that team, and once you do, then worry about beating Miami to make the playoffs or win the division.

  15. #15
    I can't see how Miami can't be considered the #2 in the division out of the other three.

    They got the best WRs in the division.
    They are the only team with a QB
    They have 5 draft choices in the first 3 rds.
    Grimes is an upgrade for next year over Smith (if healthy)
    LBs can now cover.

    I agree with Jetser on the oline though. Their failure to be decisive on whether Martin Can play LT is holding up the whole oline. They should just put him there
    Sign Winston to play RT/RG and trade up for Lane. Incognito seems to have his act together finally and Puncey is excellent at center.

    On D, they should have went for Dewan Landry. Woodson would be a nice fit
    totry to tie the pieces back there. I know they had Winfield in also.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    As a dolphins fan, I'm extremely excited for this team. Not as much this year, but the future. We have a young qb that has shown us some signs. For once we actually have a guy with franchise qb potential. Not that he will turn into that, but it's actually a possibility for once. Thats enough to be excited. But we also have one of the youngest teams in the nfl, have a good cap situation for the next few years (despite what the media wants you to think) and we've had some good drafts the last 3 classes. Also, this team is in no way built through free agency as one poster said.

    That being said, all it is at this point is excitement and optimism. There's reason for it, but until we win games, until tannehill is a proven qb, until lamar miller proves he can take over for reggie bush, it's all just speculation. Nobody in miami should be predicting a superbowl this year. The jets will still give us problems, as they always do. We should win but you never know in the division. And to be honest, with the Jets rebuilding, they shouldnt even worry about Miami. Most Jets fans aren't expecting anything better than 8-8 next year, so who cares if you're 8-8 and Miami is 9-7. Or you're 5-11 and Miami is 10-6. You guys gotta worry about rebuilding that team, and once you do, then worry about beating Miami to make the playoffs or win the division.
    not including Pouncey, who else is a good draft pick in the last 3 classes? Tannehill is a to be determined player at this point.

  17. #17
    2nd place in the AFC East is irrelevant, whoever it is will still be 2-3 games back of the Pats in the standings. Let Miami have it, I'd rather finish 4th and get a top 3 pick in next year's draft then go 7-9 and finish 2nd in the division.

    Miami reminds me of us under Tannenbaum, overspent in free agency, tried to make a huge splash, building around a young shaky QB that showed "promise." What will that get them? Probably 8-8 or 9-7.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,280
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    2nd place in the AFC East is irrelevant, whoever it is will still be 2-3 games back of the Pats in the standings. Let Miami have it, I'd rather finish 4th and get a top 3 pick in next year's draft then go 7-9 and finish 2nd in the division.

    Miami reminds me of us under Tannenbaum, overspent in free agency, tried to make a huge splash, building around a young shaky QB that showed "promise." What will that get them? Probably 8-8 or 9-7.
    Thats not a bad analogy at all.

  19. #19
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how we are going to be as bad as some think. We didn't have Revis last year and the defense was fine vs the pass. We lost Devito which hurts a little, but losing an injured Pouha is no big deal. We upgraded our LB's with Barnes. Landry is an upgrade over Bell. We cut some dead weight at LB and S. Hopefully, we can get a pass rushing OLB in the draft.

    On offense, the big question mark is can Sanchez cut his TO's in half. If he does then I think we are 7-9 and maybe 8-8 this year. If not 4-12 to 6-10 at best. And if we end up 1-15 then I'm ok with that also. I have no expectations for this team, but like the direction we are going. Rebuilding was necessary. Who cares if an 8-8 Dolphin team is 2nd. They still aren't going to the playoffs.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Why worry? Be happy.

    And why are we posting this crap even before the draft? People need to settle down. It's football, not nuclear war. Worry about North Korea. Worry about post-apocalyptic zombies. Worry about global warming. The Jets? Entertainment.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us