Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AFC East 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    The Dolphins finished second in the East last year. The Jets already lost their spot, friend.
    When are you dolphins fans going to realize that all these free agent moves are all about the stadium renovation and getting fans to vote. The best thing Ross could do is move the team to LA. The fan base in Miami is the worst in the country all the media members are such homers they are unbearable to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    The Dolphins finished second in the East last year. The Jets already lost their spot, friend.
    Can you dolphins fans please get over your obsession with the jets. It's pathetic all the talk on Miami radio is always about the jets. You would think they would focus on the patriots, typical dolphins fan so bitter about all the jets fans living in Miami. It's is also great that their owner is from NY. I hear these radio hosts constantly talking trash about people from NY and NJ.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Miami was better than us last year. We narrowly beat them in the first matchup thanks to a Landry pick six and the sure-footed Carpenter missing a chip shot. Then they manhandled us in the second game.
    *shrugs*

They also lost to the Colts who we blew off the field. Every game is different.

And the consensus is that they have improved this offseason while we have not.
    If the consensus thinks that paying a boatload of money for average players makes you significantly better, the consensus is wrong. Nobody is poised for the FA bust label more than the Fish.

Obviously anything can happen but right now Miami is ahead of us. It s what it is. Not sure how anyone can deny that.
    I'm sorry, but the Dolphins still suck. I really don't see how signing Mike Wallace makes them a playoff team. We could easily finish ahead of them if we got halfway decent QB play.

Hall Of Fame

AFC East 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    *shrugs*

If the consensus thinks that paying a boatload of money for average players makes you significantly better, the consensus is wrong. Nobody is poised for the FA bust label more than the Fish.

I'm sorry, but the Dolphins still suck. I really don't see how signing Mike Wallace makes them a playoff team. We could easily finish ahead of them if we got halfway decent QB play.
    1. Head to head is a more meaningful indicator than like opponents.
    2. Fair enough. It is a matter of opinion. We shall see.
    3. Never said they were a playoff team. Neither of us are. They are just better right now. As in right this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Who are you to tell us not to worry and concentrate on a rebuid. Why are you on this site shouldn't you be at phinsheaven talking about how you are going to the superbowl this year AGAIN. This is what drives me crazy about dolphins fans they are so obsessed with the jets I don't get it. Why are you not on the Patriots websites thats who you should focus on typical dolphin mentality. Where were you in 2009 and 2010. Even if the dolphins win the superbowl for 5 years straight I will still have zero respect for that team.
    When I post on a rivals forum, I try to be as respectful as possible, not bash a player on that team even if they deserve it, and not talk up my team too much, again, deserved or not. I understand where I am. That being said, apparantly what I wrote really upset you and I'm not sure why. I didn't say how great Miami was, or how bad the Jets were. I said Miami has potential, and I'm excited about that. The part about how I thought the Jets shouldnt' worry about Miami seeing as that they are rebuilding, is an opinion. Just like I wasn't worrying about the patriots, jets, or bills for as long as Miami has been bad, I'm worrying about my own team.

If posting on another teams forum is what I enjoy, I'm going to do it. I'm not going to stop because some random person doesn't like it. This is a public forum on the internet, you need to accept it and have a thicker skin, again, just my opinion. And again, I apologize if something I wrote offended you. I don't think thats the case, I think you just don't like that a Miami fan is on a Jets forum, which I suppose I kind of understand, but at the same time it's something you should probably accept. Or just ignore me Idk.

I try to stay on topic, and I don't just post about the dolphins, and I sure as hell don't start topics about the dolphins. If you read my post history I've given the Jets credit more than alot of their own fans. I try to be pretty impartial. Also, because I'm on another teams forum, specifically a rival, I try to find a good thing to say about the topic, and keep bad thoughts to myself.

This is the only time I'm going to explain myself to you. If you want to talk football, which is what I'm here for, please engage me in a debate or something, like I said, this is something I enjoy. I love football, and I love talking football.

Also, I dont go to phinsheaven. Never had an account, and don't care to read on that forum.
    Last edited by jp5002; 04-12-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    *shrugs*

The excitement in the dolphins community is mainly about Tannehill. Alot of fans think he's going to be a franchise quarterback. I think he will end up being good, but I dont know how good. So we are just happy that the dolphins got him some good weapons, and are giving him every opportunity to improve and succeed. We were 7-9 last year with a rookie quarterback, rookie coach, pretty bad weapons, and one of the youngest teams in the nfl (2nd youngest I think). With Tannehill entering his 2nd year, and getting him some weapons, theres reason to be excited. However, people that are calling for a superbowl, even tho I think those people are rare, they should just stop. We could very well struggle to get to 8-8. It's a tougher schedule, and you don't know how players are going to mesh and get that chemistry. I know for me, I'm more excited for 2 and 3 years from now. Next year I'm excited also, but even if Tannehill improves, he's not going to be great or anything, and as has been said millions of times by anybody that knows anything about football, it all comes down to the quarterback. If Tannehill struggles the whole team will, and it will make Mike Wallace look like a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by jp5002 View Post
    People rip on teams drafts all the time, but if you look at every teams draft in 2010, you would be amazed at how bad most of them are. Just goes to show how hard the draft is. I still would bet that the dolphins draft in 2010 is a top 10 draft that year. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen I doubt it.
    The Pats draft in 2010 was astounding;
    Gronk
    McCourty
    Cunningham
    Spikes
    Hernandez
    Mesko
    Deaderick
    Some of their other picks are also playing for other teams the last time I checked.

I agree that the draft is a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I hope the Phins improve, it would be good for the Jets and the NFL. Someone needs to push the Pats. Right now the Pats have 3 doormat teams in the AFC Least.
    The Broncos have the Pats beat when it comes to a free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Just as long as we don't win a meaningless game in Week 16 or 17 that costs us a real blue chip prospect. That would be a tragedy.

It is extremely rare for the NFL but I honestly believe you will see teams tank next season. After about week 4.

Tanking games isn't as rare as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I think you're confused.

Talent: Mike and Mangini were responsible for 80% of the '09 and '10 teams.

Reshaping: Rex drafted badly and didn't develop a single draft pick into anything.

Let It Go: Idzik is tearing apart the mess that Rex assembled.

SAR I
    Actually, I think you are confused. Mangini/Tanny took one of the biggest busts in sports, not just NFL, history with Gholston. Before that, he traded away tons of draft picks for Revis who we now have to trade away because of his demands that if they had done their homework they would have known who was representing him. The common denominator in all this was Tanny, not Rex or even Mangini. Aren't you the one who says Idzik is just like Tanny?? So far, you are wrong again because he is the anti-Tanny. Tanny was also the idiot who said, "who traded a 5th round pick for that guy? He must be a genius". Or something like that about Holmes and then gave that douche a mega contract. I agree with one thing, Idzik is tearing apart the mess!!

Jets Insider VIP
    more than just confused

deranged

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Pats draft in 2010 was astounding;
    Gronk
    McCourty
    Cunningham
    Spikes
    Hernandez
    Mesko
    Deaderick
    Some of their other picks are also playing for other teams the last time I checked.

I agree that the draft is a crapshoot.
    Damn that is impressive. Yea it's funny because bad teams get ripped on when they have bad drafts, but if you go thru each teams draft after 3 years, it's amazing how bad most of them are. Like I said, I would maybe grade the dolphins 2010 draft a B or B+, but if it was graded on a curve, it could be an A- or A. I just don't have the time or desire to look at every teams draft that year. But yea that draft for the Pats might be the best class that year.