Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could this be the plan?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Could this be the plan?

If its been discussed feel free to dump, but I could not see it in the other threads.

If its true we haul a 1st, 3rd and 6th in the Revis trade, are we almost sure to trade down with the 9th or 13th pick and pick ourselves up another 2nd?

That would give us two picks in the first three rounds, I got a chub on when thinking about this scenario.

Seems realistic to me and would bring this rebuild a year forward.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    If its been discussed feel free to dump, but I could not see it in the other threads.

If its true we haul a 1st, 3rd and 6th in the Revis trade, are we almost sure to trade down with the 9th or 13th pick and pick ourselves up another 2nd?

That would give us two picks in the first three rounds, I got a chub on when thinking about this scenario.

You have to have a trading partner and it sounds like a lot teams will be looking to trade down. I wouldn't count on it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    You have to have a trading partner and it sounds like a lot teams will be looking to trade down. I wouldn't count on it.
    But it's not beyond the realms of possibility, with the vikes and rams etc having 2 1st's they could fall in love with someone while the Jets are on the clock.

If Idzik could pull this off he will have gone a long way to improving this football team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it's not beyond the realms of possibility, with the vikes and rams etc having 2 1st's they could fall in love with someone while the Jets are on the clock.

If Idzik could pull this off he will have gone a long way to improving this football team.
    I agree, and with the entire country knowing the Jets are in a rebuild mode, teams will knowingly look to the Jets as trade partners.
    I'm sure that's why the Pats have always found trade partners because they always answer the phone & listen to trades.
    If the Jets get their man @ 9, I'm am sure that depending on how the board falls they will trade down if they can.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be very nice; 2nd and 3rd seems like a sweet spot in this draft for many positions of need for the Jets.

Could be a very interesting draft party, trade down, Revis trade? Tebow trade?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Would be very nice; 2nd and 3rd seems like a sweet spot in this draft for many positions of need for the Jets.

Would have to be the longest draft party ever to see the pick we get for Tebow get used.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually there are several teams that may look to move up. Miami, SD, and NO all like Johnson, the tackle from OK. Dal, NYG, and Chi may be looking at Cooper or Warmack.

It does seem that there will be a premium on the top 5 OL and there could potentially be a market for Jordan, Mingo, or Ansah if any of them start to slip.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think trading down into the late first is a definite option if the Revis for #13 does happen.

Also, I think Idzik has identified a QB he likes in this draft, which explains his determination to get the #13 to give him the flexibility to address both QB and another need like OLB or OG.

Maybe the Jets like Geno at #9 if he is there, or maybe they hope to move down and have their pick of guys like Barkley, Nassib or Manuel in the late 1st.

Either way, if the Revis deal does happen, I think the desire for QB help is the main factor in the push for this year's #13 over TB's top pick next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Very realistic, and a great way to infuse some talent all over the team.

I'm on board to trade the 9th pick for sure. This draft seems to have a cluster fok of players from 6 to 15.

Lane Johnson is a guy that might draw interest from a few teams if he were there at 9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Either way, if the Revis deal does happen, I think the desire for QB help is the main factor in the push for this year's #13 over TB's top pick next year.
    agree. also if the jets get tampa's pick i'd like to see them deal it to SF and get a few of their picks.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post

You know...we all say that these extra picks seem sweet, but Dick's blog today points out that since 2010, of all the 3rd round picks made, only two guys have become pro-bowl players, Jimmy Graham and Navvoro Bowman.

Funny how we all get caught up in loving these mid-round guys before the draft but the truth is a guy is more likely to be a bust then he is to be a boom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    You know...we all say that these extra picks seem sweet, but Dick's blog today points out that since 2010, of all the 3rd round picks made, only two guys have become pro-bowl players, Jimmy Graham and Navvoro Bowman.

Funny how we all get caught up in loving these mid-round guys before the draft but the truth is a guy is more likely to be a bust then he is to be a boom.
    How many of them are solid starters or good rotational guys? No one expects pro bowl players from 3rd rounders. ' Since 2010' is a woefully small sample as these guys have simply not been in the league that long. People expect a guy drafted in the 3rd round last year to be a pro bowler?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    How many of them are solid starters or good rotational guys? No one expects pro bowl players from 3rd rounders. ' Since 2010' is a woefully small sample as these guys have simply not been in the league that long. People expect a guy drafted in the 3rd round last year to be a pro bowler?
    that's the point. tanny didn't value these picks and that's why the jets have holes in the roster. the jets could use multiple picks in rounds 2-5 to get some depth and maybe get someone who either becomes an all pro or plays close to that level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to agree with mrcoops. We sat by idling while everyone scrmbled for the a Available QBs. I think maybe they have already agreed to something with Tampa because Tampa hasn't addressed their CB issue either.

I think we may be in luck to trade down with both picks and still get our QB. At 13, there will probably be a huge market for Patterson or Austin with StL, Car and Minn possibly wanting to add a WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I tend to agree with mrcoops. We sat by idling while everyone scrmbled for the a Available QBs. I think maybe they have already agreed to something with Tampa because Tampa hasn't addressed their CB issue either.

I think we may be in luck to trade down with both picks and still get our QB. At 13, there will probably be a huge market for Patterson or Austin with StL, Car and Minn possibly wanting to add a WR.
    i think the revis deal and getting a qb are largely independent, especially with this qb class. i don't see the jets taking gino in the first round, even if he's there, and i don't think they will take barkley either. i also doubt they'd take a qb if they stay at 9 and 13. they've been rumored to like nassib but buffalo may freak out and take him at 8 for all we know. tough to know who they really like which is good for a change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think the revis deal and getting a qb are largely independent, especially with this qb class. i don't see the jets taking gino in the first round, even if he's there, and i don't think they will take barkley either. i also doubt they'd take a qb if they stay at 9 and 13. they've been rumored to like nassib but buffalo may freak out and take him at 8 for all we know. tough to know who they really like which is good for a change.
    Definitely tough to get an idea of who the guy is the Jets like at QB. But I think they definitely like someone - they have shown immense interest in just about all the QBs. That looks like an attempt to cover which one - Smith, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon, Manuel, Dysert, Wilson, Bray, Scott - they truly covet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    3rd round seems to be a place to get your RBs & Wrs
    2010 & 2011 3rd rounders
    Brandon Lafell
    Emmanual Sanders
    Eric Decker
    Tony Moeaki
    DeMarco Murray
    Stevan Ridley

solid players above, but these are only the guys I recognize, I'm sure many more are starting at less recognizable positions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every year people talk about trading down like it's combo #3 on the McDick's menu... "Ya I'll take a late trade please... oh I'd like to supersize that trade with an extra 3rd round pick."

If the phone doesn't ring, then there ain't no trade.. And this is probably the worst draft to expect the phone to be poppin'. For what? For who???

The best chance this team has in field any trade calls would be if L. Johnson was still on the board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Every year people talk about trading down like it's combo #3 on the McDick's menu... "Ya I'll take a late trade please... oh I'd like to supersize that trade with an extra 3rd round pick."

If the phone doesn't ring, then there ain't no trade.. And this is probably the worst draft to expect the phone to be poppin'. For what? For who???

The best chance this team has in field any trade calls would be if L. Johnson was still on the board.
    We have been asking for trade downs for years and it never happens. There is almost always a team looking to move up. Teams who need one more piece to the puzzle.

I expect this yea, there will be at least one trade in the top12 picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    We have been asking for trade downs for years and it never happens. There is almost always a team looking to move up. Teams who need one more piece to the puzzle.

I expect this yea, there will be at least one trade in the top12 picks.
    Except those teams that are one piece away are drafting in the mid to late 20s, the cost is too high to move up that far, and like Paradis said, for who?? Nevermind the fact that the real value in this draft is from 20-50.