Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade possibility question

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The comparable value of picks is there but in my opinion Minny would be stupid to make that trade. They should be able to get a pretty good WR with one of the picks where they are.
    With you on this one - why give up the pick for Harvin, PLUS their own pick, to get a guy who AT BEST would replace Harvin? It would be like us trading Revis then trading that pick plus others to move up for Millner.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    With you on this one - why give up the pick for Harvin, PLUS their own pick, to get a guy who AT BEST would replace Harvin? It would be like us trading Revis then trading that pick plus others to move up for Millner.
    Which one of the Big sites on the internet has us doing (think Walter Football)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Which one of the Big sites on the internet has us doing (think Walter Football)
    Sigh ...

If we do lose Revis in a trade, I think we have to settle on Cro and Wilson as starters, and we could have some decent depth too. Maybe pick up a late round CB, but no high picks please.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    If Millner becomes a top-12 CB at Rookie prices, that's not a terrible option.

You can do a lot with the extra $12MM/season of cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfantt View Post
    I have heard that minn is looking at receivers Patterson and Austin. Is is in the realm if possibility that we could trade them our 9th pick for their 2 late first rounders? Do any of you draft experts know if this is good value for both and assuming it could happen and we trade revis for 13th pick what would reasonable haul be for first two rounds? Thanks for answers I. Advance and look forward to mocks with these trades.
    WRs havent been a hot draft ticket. Minni doesnt need to trade up for one here. I think they take Cooper and a WR. No need to trade up especially that high to get a WR.

Teams I see as likely to trade up.

1 SF. I actually think this is a given. They do not need 6 mid level players they flat out dont have enough holes to keep them all.

2. SD. SD will want one of the top 3 OT here. Fully expect them to be looking to trade up a few spots at some point. If only to jump Tenn.

3. Indy. Will look to make anther big splash Id bet. They are not doing that at 24.

4. Cleveland. I could see Cleveland doing what they did last year and trading back into the 1st. Maybe for a QB again who know.

5. Buff. Basically if they dont take Nessib and want him they will have to trade back into the 1st to get him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    If Millner becomes a top-12 CB at Rookie prices, that's not a terrible option.

You can do a lot with the extra $12MM/season of cap room.
    Cap room is one thing, draft picks are another.

Say we trade Revis for TB's #1, and then we trade that #1 plus our 2 and maybe a 4 or 5 to get Millner - that's two of our own picks gone and we still have the same amount of holes to fill as when we started.