Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade possibility question

Trade possibility question

I have heard that minn is looking at receivers Patterson and Austin. Is is in the realm if possibility that we could trade them our 9th pick for their 2 late first rounders? Do any of you draft experts know if this is good value for both and assuming it could happen and we trade revis for 13th pick what would reasonable haul be for first two rounds? Thanks for answers I. Advance and look forward to mocks with these trades.

Jets hold the 9th overall pick (1,350 value points) while Minnesota holds the 23rd (760) and 25th (720) overall picks (1,480 value points). Jets may have to throw in a fourth or fifth round pick, but it could happen.

All Pro
    Would seem like an obvious trade partner, if Minny loves someone who is there at #9.

We need lots of picks, so that would be a very good deal and allow us to add two very good (though not elite level) talents.

Do we prefer one guy like Ansah or Patterson at #9 or two guys, like maybe Moore and one of the QBs, later?

Thanks I didn't understand value system.
    Was thinking if we got 13 mingo 23 eifert 25 cyprien and then warford at top of 2nd i think that would be worth it. What do u think

I like this !!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Jets hold the 9th overall pick (1,350 value points) while Minnesota holds the 23rd (760) and 25th (720) overall picks (1,480 value points). Jets may have to throw in a fourth or fifth round pick, but it could happen.

I think any Jet fan, and Izdik also would sign up for that in a heartbeat, which is why its not logical. The value system cant be counted on. I think last year everyone wanted to trade up (2 did in top 5) this year everyone wants to trade down where the strength/great value of the draft is late 1st and 2nd round. I think Patterson and Austin will fall to the late teens, at least 1 likely.. They aren't going to need to trade up to the 9th..

All Pro
    Instead of looking at it this way, it might be better to take multiple picks. Minnesota has two picks in rounds 1,4,7. If they still have two in the 1st, perhaps they would trade 23, 52, 83. They come out a few points ahead, Jets fill more roster spots.

23: Tyler Eifert TE
    32: Sam Montgomery OLB
    52: Phillip Thomas FS
    72: Shawn Williams SS
    83: Da'Rick Rogers WR
    106: Alvin Bailey OG
    141: Kwame Geathers DT
    178: J.C. Tretter OG
    215: Jawan Jamison RB

Essentially, you might be trading Jarvis Jones for Tyler Eifert, but picking up Phillip Thomas and Da'Rick Rogers.
    Last edited by CanadaSteve; 04-10-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Instead of looking at it this way, it might be better to take multiple picks. Minnesota has two picks in rounds 1,4,7. If they still have two in the 1st, perhaps they would trade 23, 52, 83. They come out a few points ahead, Jets fill more roster spots.

23: Tyler Eifert TE
    32: Sam Montgomery OLB
    52: Phillip Thomas FS
    72: Shawn Williams SS
    83: Da'Rick Rogers WR
    106: Alvin Bailey OG
    141: Kwame Geathers DT
    178: J.C. Tretter OG
    215: Jawan Jamison RB

Essentially, you might be trading Jarvis Jones for Tyler Eifert, but picking up Phillip Thomas and Da'Rick Rogers.
    Who would u grab at 13?

Hall Of Fame
    First, the jump from 23 to 9 is a costly one. Second, who is going to be that player the Vikings will want at 9 to warrant that jump? They need a ton of help on their team as well, they need DT, LB, WR help. They can get a instant starters at all those positions by staying at 23 and 25. For the same reason it makes sense for the Jets to trade down, it makes sense for the Vikings to stay put.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfantt View Post
    Who would u grab at 13?
    I don't like the Jets trading for the 13th pick, if that is all they are getting because essentially, you would have to take this pick and draft another CB. If that is the case, keep Revis for a year. I like trading him for multiple picks, such as a 2nd and a 3rd this year, with a 3rd next year that can move up to a 1st (signing contract, playing time, making playoffs etc)

if the jets get the #13 from Tampa this would be heaven sent for the jets.

It would be for Patterson and not Austin as I think Jarius Wright is the heir to Harvin in the slot. Jennings, Wright and Austin to me are two similar in size and route tree.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I don't like the Jets trading for the 13th pick, if that is all they are getting because essentially, you would have to take this pick and draft another CB. If that is the case, keep Revis for a year. I like trading him for multiple picks, such as a 2nd and a 3rd this year, with a 3rd next year that can move up to a 1st (signing contract, playing time, making playoffs etc)
    you rather keep Revis for a year in which the team is rebuilding than to trade him for the #13 pick in the draft. You want multiple picks, somebody will trade up

The comparable value of picks is there but in my opinion Minny would be stupid to make that trade. They should be able to get a pretty good WR with one of the picks where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The comparable value of picks is there but in my opinion Minny would be stupid to make that trade. They should be able to get a pretty good WR with one of the picks where they are.
    Agreed, Thier needs at FS and Middle LB and even DT are greater than the need at WR

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    you rather keep Revis for a year in which the team is rebuilding than to trade him for the #13 pick in the draft. You want multiple picks, somebody will trade up
    I never said I would not take the 13th pick.... I said I didn't like the 13th pick for just Revis straight up, for that would mean having to find another trade partner possibly. I would prefer an opportunity to get multiple picks for Revis.

Ideally, I would love to see a trade down from 9, and IF we had just the 13th pick for Revis, a trade down in that scenario as well.

As much as I like Jarvis Jones to be a sack machine, I like the idea of having 5-7 picks in the first three rounds with this draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed, Thier needs at FS and Middle LB and even DT are greater than the need at WR
    If anything, I could see them trading the 25th pick to a team looking to move back into the first to draft one of the QBs. Trading up just doesnt make sense for them right now.

If reports are true, Tampa has already offered a 1,3,6
    Who knows what the truth is but...for S & Gs, lets say the Jets pull off these trades & Minny has the hots for someone at 9?

Jets would have an unbelievable chance at turning this thing around pretty quickly by having a GREAT DRAFT.
    They would have in the 1st 6 rounds
    13, 23, 25, 39, 72, 73, 106, 141, 178, 181

That would be CRAZY!

I was basing revis going for 13 and 3rd And 6th that has been reported

I also liked the thought of getting multiple picks In this draft as I keep hearing how deep it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    if the revis deal goes down the jets draft a defensive player at number 9 and tavon austin at number 13.....just my take and i don;t see if being far fetched.

I have heard that minn is looking at receivers Patterson and Austin. Is is in the realm if possibility that we could trade them our 9th pick for their 2 late first rounders? Do any of you draft experts know if this is good value for both and assuming it could happen and we trade revis for 13th pick what would reasonable haul be for first two rounds? Thanks for answers I. Advance and look forward to mocks with these trades.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    draft experts.....lol draft is a crap shoot...if you are rtional and know college football as much as the pros its not a science.